|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Kate's current girlfriend?
2. How does Mikey feel when he thinks about Kate naked?
(a) He feels disgust.
(b) He feels boredom.
(c) He feels confusion.
(d) He feels excitement.
3. How does Lydia react to the broken glass on her porch?
(a) She dances on it.
(b) She ignores it.
(c) She immediately sweeps it up.
(d) She runs from it.
4. How does Lydia react to the news that Du Boise is back in town?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is upset.
(c) She is terrified.
(d) She is excited.
5. What fear rouses Silas from his nightmare about death?
(a) That Mikey is not his son.
(b) That Kate is dying.
(c) That Lydia is having an affair.
(d) That Alec has lied to him.
6. How does Lydia get home from the hospital after she is discharged?
(a) Mam Agnes drives her home.
(b) Mikey drives her home.
(c) She takes a taxi.
(d) She decides to walk.
7. Whom does Silas call for emergency help when he sees that his wife is injured?
(a) He calls an ambulance.
(b) He calls the police.
(c) He calls the fire department.
(d) He calls no one.
8. What is the abbreviation for the underground movement Silas and Kate were a part of?
9. How does Lydia know that her letter from Toronto has been intercepted?
(a) There is a tear in the corner of the envelope.
(b) There are fingerprints covering the envelope.
(c) The envelope has been resealed with tape.
(d) There are words and phrases blacked out in the letter.
10. Where does Mikey read his mother's diary?
(a) Outside, sitting in the sun.
(b) Hunched quietly at his mother's desk.
(c) Locked in the bathroom.
(d) Under the covers of his bed.
11. What is the name of Lydia's brother-in-law?
12. Which of the following is NOT something Mikey finds in his mother's desk drawers?
(a) A dead and dried carnation.
(b) Tickets to the zoo.
(c) Grocery store receipts.
(d) Photographs of him as a child.
13. Who carries Lydia inside after the glass is broken?
14. As a child, what did Mikey want to be when he grew up?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A politician.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A writer.
15. Which of the following political leaders was inadvertently involved in Mikey's sister being sent away from home?
(a) Nelson Mandela.
(b) Mohandas Gandhi.
(c) Mother Teresa.
(d) Martin Luther.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lydia react to the news that Mikey has not come to the hospital to visit her?
2. While pregnant, what decision does Lydia decide to make after the baby is born?
3. Which of Kafka's books is Mikey currently reading?
4. Which of the following characters is NOT one that Grace wants to talk about with Alec when she rouses him from sleep?
5. Who stays with Mikey while his parents are at the hospital?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)