|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following seems to be Kate's greatest concern when she secretly meets with Mikey?
(a) Making Mikey fall in love with her.
(b) Being caught by Mikey's parents.
(c) Getting the information she needs from Mikey.
(d) Shaming Mikey.
2. Whom does Mikey ask Kate to gather papers about and return to him?
(b) Du Boise.
3. What military rank does Du Boise hold?
4. Where does Silas choose to drink his six-pack of beer, after seeing Du Boise for the first time?
(a) In his son's tree fort.
(b) In the park.
(c) In his car.
(d) In his bedroom.
5. What fear rouses Silas from his nightmare about death?
(a) That Kate is dying.
(b) That Lydia is having an affair.
(c) That Alec has lied to him.
(d) That Mikey is not his son.
6. How does Lydia react to the news that Du Boise is back in town?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is upset.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is terrified.
7. What does Silas wrap around Lydia's injuries to try to stop the bleeding?
(b) His shirt.
(d) Bed sheets.
8. What is the name of the woman who Silas met with a deep knife wound that hadn't properly healed?
(a) Danny Flip.
(b) Fanny Dip.
(c) Tanny Pip.
(d) Manny Hip.
9. When Alec is drinking his tea, which of the following people is NOT a source of his outrage?
(b) Nelson Mandela.
(c) Mohandas Gandhi.
10. How does Alec react to his wife's request to discuss the family?
(a) He is angered.
(b) He is apathetic
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is confused.
11. Which of the following characters is NOT one that Lydia realized could have been an assassin in her home?
(a) The dog walker.
(b) The postal worker.
(c) The municipal inspectors.
(d) The meter reader.
12. Which of the following is NOT a subject Mikey is concerned with in his conversations with Kate.
(a) The past.
(b) His parents.
(c) Kate's family.
(d) Kate's work.
13. How does Lydia react to the news that Mikey has not come to the hospital to visit her?
(a) She is outraged.
(b) She is depressed.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She does not care.
14. What did Silas's father leave to him after he died?
(a) The house where Silas currently lives.
(b) A Kaaba stone.
(c) A lump sum of money.
(d) A collection of journals and photographs.
15. What is the name of Lydia's sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. What tiny animal comes in through the window and drinks from Mikey's water glass?
2. Which of the following characters has a seizure in the hospital, due to stress?
3. To which of the following does Mikey compare his childhood relationship to his mother?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Mikey finds in his mother's desk drawers?
5. What is Mikey's initial reaction to hearing that he is the product of a rape?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)