|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Kate's lover, Marguerite, used to live before returning to Kate's home?
(c) South America.
(d) North America.
2. After a stressful meeting, how does Kate like to unwind and relieve her stress?
(a) By taking a hot bath.
(b) By drinking a glass of wine.
(c) By playing her guitar.
(d) By listening to soothing music.
3. Which of Mikey's relatives is the only one permitted to call him "Michael"?
(a) His mother, Lydia.
(b) His Uncle Toyer.
(c) His Aunt Gracie.
(d) His Mam Agnes.
4. When Mikey is lying in bed thinking, which debate is he thinking about and replaying in his mind?
(a) The debate with his mother.
(b) The debate with his sister.
(c) The debate with his teacher.
(d) The debate with his father.
5. Where was Mikey's sister sent to live?
6. Which of the following political leaders was inadvertently involved in Mikey's sister being sent away from home?
(a) Mother Teresa.
(b) Nelson Mandela.
(c) Martin Luther.
(d) Mohandas Gandhi.
7. Which subject does Shirley Graham teach at Mikey's school?
8. After reading that he is the product of a rape, who is the first person Mikey calls?
9. What color is the settee in Lydia's living room?
10. Where does Silas run into Du Boise?
(a) At the car wash.
(b) At the grocery store.
(c) At church.
(d) At the movie theater.
11. How long does Lydia have to stay in the hospital after her injuries?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three hours.
12. What does Silas wrap around Lydia's injuries to try to stop the bleeding?
(b) His shirt.
(d) Bed sheets.
13. How long have Silas and Alec been best friends?
(a) Since high school.
(b) Since joining the army together.
(c) Since childhood.
(d) Since they began working together.
14. What is the name of Silas's father?
15. How does Mikey feel before he begins to read his mother's diary?
Short Answer Questions
1. At Mam Agnes's house, who comes out to the car to have a drink with Silas?
2. Where were Kate and Mikey when she told him she was a lesbian?
3. What is the name of Lydia's brother-in-law?
4. Why did Lydia not attend University?
5. Where does Mikey read his mother's diary?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)