|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the abbreviation for the underground movement Silas and Kate were a part of?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Julian Solomon's marriage?
3. How many times have Kate and Mikey secretly met?
4. Which type of school and church did Lydia attend as a child?
5. What did Silas's father leave to him after he died?
(a) A lump sum of money.
(b) A Kaaba stone.
(c) The house where Silas currently lives.
(d) A collection of journals and photographs.
6. Which of the following political leaders was inadvertently involved in Mikey's sister being sent away from home?
(a) Mohandas Gandhi.
(b) Nelson Mandela.
(c) Mother Teresa.
(d) Martin Luther.
7. Where was Silas being held during Du Boise's encounter with Lydia?
(a) In a holding cell.
(b) In a state penitentiary.
(c) In a padded chamber.
(d) In a police van.
8. Which of the following characters is NOT one that Lydia realized could have been an assassin in her home?
(a) The dog walker.
(b) The postal worker.
(c) The meter reader.
(d) The municipal inspectors.
9. Which of the following is NOT a subject Mikey is concerned with in his conversations with Kate.
(a) His parents.
(b) The past.
(c) Kate's work.
(d) Kate's family.
10. How does Silas respond to running into Du Boise again?
(a) He invites him over for dinner.
(b) He punches him.
(c) He silently walks away.
(d) He hugs him.
11. What color is the settee in Lydia's living room?
12. At Mam Agnes's house, who comes out to the car to have a drink with Silas?
13. Why did Lydia not attend University?
(a) Because she was never accepted.
(b) Because she is black.
(c) Because she never graduated high school.
(d) Because she couldn't afford it.
14. What excuse does Mikey make so he will not have to go to the hospital with his father?
(a) He says he is sick.
(b) He says he has a date.
(c) He says he is too depressed.
(d) He says he has homework.
15. Why does Silas call Alec after returning home from the hospital?
(a) To check up on the news.
(b) To report his homecoming.
(c) To check up on Mikey.
(d) To hear his voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following seems to be Kate's greatest concern when she secretly meets with Mikey?
2. What beverage do Julian and Kate drink while they are watching the news?
3. Whom does Mikey ask Kate to gather papers about and return to him?
4. Who told Lydia about Silas's affair with an MK officer?
5. What color hue does Kate claim to see emanating from Mikey's navel?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)