|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does McCann and Goldberg accuse Stanley of not believing in?
2. Where does Stanley kick the person he does near the end of Act 2, Part 2?
3. What does Meg ask Goldberg flirtatiously in Act 2, Part 3?
4. What does McCann shine on Stanley's face in Act 2, Part 3?
5. In Act 2, Part 1, what does Petey say he encountered when he came home the previous night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of self-control in the play. Which characters were able to show self-control? What did self-control represent to these characters?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the author's use of suppression in the play. What methods did the author use to create suppression in the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the nature of Goldberg and McCann's relationship in the play. What seems to be the rapport between the two men? What motivates their relationship?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)