|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose car does Petey tell Meg is parked outside their house?
2. In Act 3, Part 1, who does Goldberg tell Petey it would be a good idea for Stanley to see?
3. Who urges Meg to propose a toast to Stanley?
4. Who enters the scene after Meg finishes giving her toast to Stanley?
5. What does McCann and Goldberg argue that the number they taunt Stanley with is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of safety in the play. In what ways was the safety of the play's characters in jeopardy? How did the characters' sense of safety play into their delusions?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of delusion in the play. In what way did the characters create their own sense of delusion in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the author's use of suspense in the play. What methods did he use to create a sense of suspense in the lives of these characters?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)