|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does McCann and Goldberg accuse Stanley of betraying?
2. What does Petey bring into the room at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
3. What does Goldberg say is too harsh in Act 2, Part 3?
4. What does Lulu compliment Goldberg on in Act 2, Part 3?
5. What does Stanley do loudly when McCann and Goldberg continue taunting him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's portrayal of reality in the play. In what way did the characters try and escape their reality?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the author's use of suspense in the play. What methods did he use to create a sense of suspense in the lives of these characters?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of Ireland in the play. What importance did Ireland serve to further the story along? What does Ireland have to do with Stanley's past?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)