|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meg complain about having before leaving the house in Act 3, Part 1?
2. What of Stanley's does McCann comment is still broken in Act 3, Part 1?
3. In Act 2, Part 1, what does Petey say he encountered when he came home the previous night?
4. What does the person Meg meets when trying to take tea to Stanley say he had been doing with Stanley?
5. What does Meg collect before going out of the house in Act 3, Part 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Analyze the nature of Meg and Petey's relationship in the play. What was the author trying to portray about their relationship? What is telling of their character by this portrayal?
Essay Topic 2Discuss the symbolism of McCann shredding the newspaper in the play. How might this act represent what he is currently doing to Stanley's life?
Essay Topic 3Examine the author's use of violence in the play. In what way was the portrayal of violence different in the play?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)