|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stanley ask for Goldberg and McCann to return to him in Act 2, Part 3?
2. What does Goldberg do when Meg asks him if he is going out in a car?
3. Who enters the scene after Meg finishes giving her toast to Stanley?
4. Where does Stanley kick the person he does near the end of Act 2, Part 2?
5. Who does McCann and Goldberg accuse Stanley of not believing in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the parallels between Stanley and Goldberg in the play. In what way did the author create similarities in these characters?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the author's use of suspense in the play. What methods did he use to create a sense of suspense in the lives of these characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of the broken drum in the play. In what way might it have represented Stanley's emotional state?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)