|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Goldberg tell Lulu used to call him Simey?
2. What does Meg notice is broken at the beginning of the third act?
3. What does Meg say McCann and Goldberg did with all their food at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
4. What do McCann and Goldberg do with Stanley's glasses?
5. What does Petey go to check on at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the significance of Ireland in the play. What importance did Ireland serve to further the story along? What does Ireland have to do with Stanley's past?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of safety in the play. In what ways was the safety of the play's characters in jeopardy? How did the characters' sense of safety play into their delusions?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of self-control in the play. Which characters were able to show self-control? What did self-control represent to these characters?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)