|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goldberg attempt to do with Stanley at the beginning of Act 2, Part 2?
2. In Act 3, Part 1, who does Goldberg tell Petey it would be a good idea for Stanley to see?
3. Who does Petey offer to fetch for Stanley in Act 3, Part 1?
4. Who is the first seeker in the game played at the party?
5. What does Stanley tell Goldberg he has made a mistake about at the beginning of Act 2, Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of self-control in the play. Which characters were able to show self-control? What did self-control represent to these characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the nature of no person or action being what it seems in the play. What message might the author have been trying to get across by doing this?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the characters' past haunting their present in the play. What details did we learn about the characters past and what role did this have on their portrayal in the play?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)