|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Goldberg and McCann accuse Stanley of behaving badly towards in Act 2, Part 2?
2. What is the person coming down the stairs at the end of Act 2, Part 2 dressed for?
3. Who does McCann and Goldberg accuse Stanley of betraying?
4. What does Petey go to check on at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
5. What does Meg collect before going out of the house in Act 3, Part 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the significance of Ireland in the play. What importance did Ireland serve to further the story along? What does Ireland have to do with Stanley's past?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of self-control in the play. Which characters were able to show self-control? What did self-control represent to these characters?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the nature of Meg and Petey's relationship in the play. What was the author trying to portray about their relationship? What is telling of their character by this portrayal?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)