|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What noise interrupts the argument between McCann, Goldberg, and Stanley?
2. What does Goldberg tell Petey was too exciting for Stanley to handle?
3. What does Stanley do after he realizes McCann and Goldberg outnumbered him near the end of Act 2, Part 2?
4. Who does McCann and Goldberg accuse Stanley of killing?
5. What of Stanley's does McCann comment is still broken in Act 3, Part 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of delusion in the play. In what way did the characters create their own sense of delusion in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the nature of Goldberg and McCann's relationship in the play. What seems to be the rapport between the two men? What motivates their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of the wheelbarrow in the play. What might the author hope for it to foreshadow for the characters in the play?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)