|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose car does Petey tell Meg is parked outside their house?
2. What does McCann and Goldberg argue that the number they taunt Stanley with is?
3. What is Meg playing with as she enters the scene in Act 2, Part 3?
4. What does Goldberg say celebrating birth is as wonderful as?
5. Who does McCann and Goldberg accuse Stanley of killing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of the wheelbarrow in the play. What might the author hope for it to foreshadow for the characters in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of sexual tension in the play. What might be the author's purpose for creating this tension?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of McCann shredding the newspaper in the play. How might this act represent what he is currently doing to Stanley's life?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)