|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What noise interrupts the argument between McCann, Goldberg, and Stanley?
2. What does Stanley tell McCann when he arrives with the liquor?
3. Who screams when Stanley begins moving near the end of Act 2, Part 3?
4. What does Meg ask Goldberg flirtatiously in Act 2, Part 3?
5. What does McCann and Goldberg argue that the number they taunt Stanley with is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of self-control in the play. Which characters were able to show self-control? What did self-control represent to these characters?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the author's use of suppression in the play. What methods did the author use to create suppression in the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of tension in the play. In what way was the author able to create a sense of tension between the characters?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)