|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What noise interrupts the argument between McCann, Goldberg, and Stanley?
2. Where is the liquor poured in Act 2, Part 3 from?
3. What number does McCann and Goldberg taunt Stanley with during their interrogation?
4. What does McCann sing for Meg in Act 2, Part 3?
5. Who urges Meg to propose a toast to Stanley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of sexual tension in the play. What might be the author's purpose for creating this tension?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of the broken drum in the play. In what way might it have represented Stanley's emotional state?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of Ireland in the play. What importance did Ireland serve to further the story along? What does Ireland have to do with Stanley's past?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)