|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Meg say she was met by when trying to take tea to Stanley?
2. What noise interrupts the argument between McCann, Goldberg, and Stanley?
3. Who does Goldberg tell Lulu used to call him Simey?
4. What does Stanley do tauntingly to McCann and Goldberg in Act 2, Part 2?
5. Who does Goldberg talk to when he begins pouring his tea in Act 3, Part 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of the broken drum in the play. In what way might it have represented Stanley's emotional state?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's use of violence in the play. In what way was the portrayal of violence different in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the nature of Meg and Petey's relationship in the play. What was the author trying to portray about their relationship? What is telling of their character by this portrayal?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)