|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stanley kick near the end of Act 2, Part 2?
2. Who does McCann and Goldberg accuse Stanley of not believing in?
3. What does Goldberg offer Stanley congratulations about near the beginning of Act 2, Part 2?
4. What do McCann and Goldberg do with Stanley's glasses?
5. What sticks on Stanley's foot while he is blindfolded?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's portrayal of reality in the play. In what way did the characters try and escape their reality?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the author's use of suppression in the play. What methods did the author use to create suppression in the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of the broken drum in the play. In what way might it have represented Stanley's emotional state?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)