|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who compliments Meg on her appearance in Act 2, Part 3?
2. What does Meg do when she hears someone coming downstairs in Act 3, Part 1?
3. What is Meg wearing at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
4. What does McCann and Goldberg argue that the number they taunt Stanley with is?
5. What does Meg complain about having before leaving the house in Act 3, Part 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the author's use of suspense in the play. What methods did he use to create a sense of suspense in the lives of these characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of the broken drum in the play. In what way might it have represented Stanley's emotional state?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of Ireland in the play. What importance did Ireland serve to further the story along? What does Ireland have to do with Stanley's past?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)