|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose car does Petey tell Meg is parked outside their house?
2. What is Meg wearing at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
3. What does Goldberg tell Stanley to do repeatedly in Act 2, Part 2?
4. Who enters the scene after Meg finishes giving her toast to Stanley?
5. Who does Petey offer to fetch for Stanley in Act 3, Part 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of safety in the play. In what ways was the safety of the play's characters in jeopardy? How did the characters' sense of safety play into their delusions?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of sexual tension in the play. What might be the author's purpose for creating this tension?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the nature of no person or action being what it seems in the play. What message might the author have been trying to get across by doing this?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)