|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McCann and Goldberg argue that the number they taunt Stanley with is?
2. What is Meg playing with as she enters the scene in Act 2, Part 3?
3. Who urges Meg to propose a toast to Stanley?
4. Who does Goldberg talk to when he begins pouring his tea in Act 3, Part 1?
5. What of Stanley's does McCann comment is still broken in Act 3, Part 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's use of violence in the play. In what way was the portrayal of violence different in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of McCann shredding the newspaper in the play. How might this act represent what he is currently doing to Stanley's life?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of the wheelbarrow in the play. What might the author hope for it to foreshadow for the characters in the play?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)