|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Goldberg tell Lulu he used to go and visit children every day before going home?
2. Who does Goldberg and McCann accuse Stanley of behaving badly towards in Act 2, Part 2?
3. What does McCann tell Goldberg he won't do again near the end of Act 3, Part 1?
4. In Act 2, Part 1, what does Petey say he encountered when he came home the previous night?
5. What does McCann shine on Stanley's face in Act 2, Part 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the nature of Meg and Petey's relationship in the play. What was the author trying to portray about their relationship? What is telling of their character by this portrayal?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of the wheelbarrow in the play. What might the author hope for it to foreshadow for the characters in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's portrayal of reality in the play. In what way did the characters try and escape their reality?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)