|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose name makes Stanley react with concern in Act 1, Part 2?
2. What does Goldberg suggest McCann go out and get at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
3. What does Meg continually ask a deliveryman if her package was near the end of Act 1, Part 1?
4. What time does Goldberg say the party will start?
5. What sounds does Petey hear when Meg goes upstairs to retrieve Stanley in Act 1, Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Meg act when she hears someone coming down the stairs in Act 3, Part 1?
2. What does Stanley say regarding his time in Ireland in Act 2, Part 1?
3. What occurs to Stanley after McCann enters the room in Act 2, Part 2?
4. What does Goldberg say to Meg regarding Stanley's birthday in Act 1, Part 2?
5. What is the nature of Meg and Petey's conversation regarding Stanley at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
6. Describe the events that interrupt the argument between McCann, Goldberg and Stanley at the end of Act 2, Part 2.
7. How does Goldberg act when Lulu enters the room in Act 2, Part 3?
8. What is the nature of the conversation between McCann, Goldberg, and Stanley regarding the "necessary and possible"?
9. Describe the interaction between McCann and Lulu when he enters the room in Act 3, Part 2.
10. What does Stanley say in regards to piano playing in Act 1, Part 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the significance of Ireland in the play. What importance did Ireland serve to further the story along? What does Ireland have to do with Stanley's past?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's portrayal of reality in the play. In what way did the characters try and escape their reality?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the parallels between Stanley and Goldberg in the play. In what way did the author create similarities in these characters?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)