|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject do Stanley and McCann discuss in Act 2, Part 1?
2. What does Petey excuse himself to do at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
3. In Act 2, Part 1, what does Stanley tell McCann he would be doing soon?
4. Why does Meg say she wishes Stanley would play music for them that day when first meeting Goldberg and McCann?
5. Who suggests that they throw Stanley a party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interaction between Goldberg and Stanley at the beginning of Act 2, Part 2.
2. What is the nature of McCann and Goldberg's interrogation of Stanley?
3. Describe the interaction between McCann and Lulu when he enters the room in Act 3, Part 2.
4. How does Stanley react when Meg gives him fried bread?
5. How does Goldberg act when Lulu enters the room in Act 2, Part 3?
6. Describe the events that interrupt the argument between McCann, Goldberg and Stanley at the end of Act 2, Part 2.
7. How does Stanley react after hearing Goldberg's name in Act 1, Part 2?
8. What is the nature of McCann and Goldberg's conversation regarding the newspaper at the beginning of Act 3, Part 2?
9. What is the nature of Goldberg's discussion of his name near the end of Act 2, Part 1?
10. What does Stanley say regarding his time in Ireland in Act 2, Part 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of sexual tension in the play. What might be the author's purpose for creating this tension?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the nature of Meg's desire for Stanley in the play. How does Stanley react to these advances? What does this behavior from Meg say about her character?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of the wheelbarrow in the play. What might the author hope for it to foreshadow for the characters in the play?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)