|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meg give Stanley as a gift?
2. Who does Meg say she will invite to a party at her house?
3. What does Petey leave the house without doing that leaves Meg aghast in Act 1, Part 1?
4. Where does Stanley put his gift from Meg after opening it?
5. How many men does Petey tell Meg he encountered that may be boarding with them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of McCann and Goldberg's interrogation of Stanley?
2. Describe Stanley's actions with a drum at the end of Act 1, Part 2.
3. What is the nature of Meg and Petey's conversation regarding two potential borders near the beginning of the first act?
4. How does Stanley react after hearing Goldberg's name in Act 1, Part 2?
5. What does Stanley say in regards to piano playing in Act 1, Part 1?
6. How does McCann react when Stanley says he's not the kind of man to cause trouble in Act 2, Part 1?
7. What does Stanley tell McCann in regard to his birthday in Act 2, Part 1?
8. What is the nature of McCann and Stanley's conversation when the former will not allow Stanley to leave?
9. What is the nature of Meg and Stanley's conversation when he first returns to the boardinghouse in Act 1, Part 2?
10. At the beginning of the play, what is the nature of Stanley and Meg's conversation regarding breakfast?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the characters' past haunting their present in the play. What details did we learn about the characters past and what role did this have on their portrayal in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of the wheelbarrow in the play. What might the author hope for it to foreshadow for the characters in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's use of violence in the play. In what way was the portrayal of violence different in the play?
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)