|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject do Stanley and McCann discuss in Act 2, Part 1?
2. What interrupts Meg and Stanley's argument in Act 1, Part 1?
3. What is the relationship between Meg and Petey in the play?
4. How many men does Petey tell Meg he encountered that may be boarding with them?
5. Who does Meg say she will invite to a party at her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the lights described at the beginning of the birthday party?
2. What does Meg say regarding the black car?
3. What does Goldberg tell Lulu he used to do every day before going home to his wife?
4. How does Meg act when she hears someone coming down the stairs in Act 3, Part 1?
5. Describe Meg and Petey's conversation at the beginning of the play.
6. Describe Meg's interaction with the deliveryman.
7. How does Stanley react when Meg asks for a kiss?
8. What is the nature of Stanley's complaints regarding Meg in Act 1, Part 1?
9. What is Stanley's reaction when Meg mentions the two men that will be staying in the boardinghouse in Act 1, Part 1?
10. Describe the game the members of the birthday party play.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the nature of Meg and Petey's relationship in the play. What was the author trying to portray about their relationship? What is telling of their character by this portrayal?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's use of violence in the play. In what way was the portrayal of violence different in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of the wheelbarrow in the play. What might the author hope for it to foreshadow for the characters in the play?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)