|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Part 1, what does Stanley tell McCann he would be doing soon?
2. What interrupts Meg and Stanley's argument in Act 1, Part 1?
3. What does Meg brag to Goldberg and McCann about regarding Stanley?
4. What does Goldberg suggest McCann go out and get at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
5. What does Meg give Stanley for his second course at breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of McCann and Goldberg's conversation regarding their job at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
2. What occurs to Stanley after McCann enters the room in Act 2, Part 2?
3. What is the nature of Meg and Stanley's conversation regarding his birthday in Act 1, Part 2?
4. What is the nature of Goldberg and McCann's conversation regarding Stanley in the final scene?
5. What is the nature of Petey and Goldberg's conversation regarding Stanley in Act 3, Part 1?
6. Describe the conversation between McCann and Goldberg before they enter the boardinghouse at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2.
7. Describe McCann as he comes downstairs in Act 3, Part 1.
8. How does Stanley react after hearing Goldberg's name in Act 1, Part 2?
9. Describe the interaction between Meg and the two gentlemen when they first meet.
10. Describe the events that interrupt the argument between McCann, Goldberg and Stanley at the end of Act 2, Part 2.
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the nature of Meg's desire for Stanley in the play. How does Stanley react to these advances? What does this behavior from Meg say about her character?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of the wheelbarrow in the play. What might the author hope for it to foreshadow for the characters in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the parallels between Stanley and Goldberg in the play. In what way did the author create similarities in these characters?
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)