|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McCann say Stanley is, which is odd for someone on their birthday?
2. Who suggests that they throw Stanley a party?
3. What nickname does Goldberg say him mother called him?
4. What is the name of the town Stanley says he used to live?
5. What does Stanley tell McCann about Meg to explain her celebrating his birthday early?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Meg say about breakfast at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
2. Describe Stanley's appearance when he is brought downstairs in the final scene.
3. In what way do McCann and Goldberg say Stanley doesn't exist?
4. What does Meg tell the two gentlemen about Stanley during their first meeting?
5. What is the nature of Goldberg and McCann's conversation regarding Stanley in the final scene?
6. How does Meg act when she hears someone coming down the stairs in Act 3, Part 1?
7. How does Stanley react after McCann and Goldberg continue to interrogate him near the end of Act 2, Part 2?
8. What is the nature of Meg and Petey's conversation regarding Stanley at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
9. What does Petey say was the nature of his and Goldberg's conversation while outside in Act 2, Part 1?
10. Describe the interaction between Stanley and Meg when she asks for a cigarette.
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the author's use of suspense in the play. What methods did he use to create a sense of suspense in the lives of these characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of delusion in the play. In what way did the characters create their own sense of delusion in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of Ireland in the play. What importance did Ireland serve to further the story along? What does Ireland have to do with Stanley's past?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)