|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meg do up the stairs before going to get Stanley in Act 1, Part 1?
2. What does Meg say she assumes Stanley is doing during her conversation with Petey in Act 1, Part 1?
3. What does McCann say is the only reason he is nervous in Act 1, Part 2?
4. What reason does Stanley give for being anxious in regards to the new tenants in Act 1, Part 2?
5. Who suggests that they throw Stanley a party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Petey and Meg's conversation regarding the drum at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
2. What is the nature of Stanley's complaints regarding Meg in Act 1, Part 1?
3. What does Petey say was the nature of his and Goldberg's conversation while outside in Act 2, Part 1?
4. What does Meg say regarding the black car?
5. What is Stanley's reaction when Meg mentions the two men that will be staying in the boardinghouse in Act 1, Part 1?
6. What does Stanley say regarding his time in Ireland in Act 2, Part 1?
7. What does Stanley tell McCann in regard to his birthday in Act 2, Part 1?
8. Describe the game the members of the birthday party play.
9. How does Goldberg act when Lulu enters the room in Act 2, Part 3?
10. How does Goldberg react when McCann calls him Simey?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of self-control in the play. Which characters were able to show self-control? What did self-control represent to these characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the nature of Goldberg and McCann's relationship in the play. What seems to be the rapport between the two men? What motivates their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of the broken drum in the play. In what way might it have represented Stanley's emotional state?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)