Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McCann say Stanley is, which is odd for someone on their birthday?
2. Who suggests that they throw Stanley a party?
3. What nickname does Goldberg say him mother called him?
4. What is the name of the town Stanley says he used to live?
5. What does Stanley tell McCann about Meg to explain her celebrating his birthday early?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Meg say about breakfast at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
2. Describe Stanley's appearance when he is brought downstairs in the final scene.
3. In what way do McCann and Goldberg say Stanley doesn't exist?
4. What does Meg tell the two gentlemen about Stanley during their first meeting?
5. What is the nature of Goldberg and McCann's conversation regarding Stanley in the final scene?
6. How does Meg act when she hears someone coming down the stairs in Act 3, Part 1?
7. How does Stanley react after McCann and Goldberg continue to interrogate him near the end of Act 2, Part 2?
8. What is the nature of Meg and Petey's conversation regarding Stanley at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
9. What does Petey say was the nature of his and Goldberg's conversation while outside in Act 2, Part 1?
10. Describe the interaction between Stanley and Meg when she asks for a cigarette.
Essay Topic 1
Examine the parallels between Stanley and Goldberg in the play. In what way did the author create similarities in these characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the characters' past haunting their present in the play. What details did we learn about the characters past and what role did this have on their portrayal in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of sexual tension in the play. What might be the author's purpose for creating this tension?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)