|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goldberg say he treated a girl with when he was younger?
2. Who does Goldberg say he and Petey were discussing in Act 2, Part 1?
3. Who are the first people to appear in Act 1, Part 2?
4. What do Stanley and Petey discuss when Stanley first comes downstairs?
5. What does Stanley say when Meg offers him a present in Act 1, Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stanley tell McCann in regard to his birthday in Act 2, Part 1?
2. How does Goldberg act when Lulu enters the room in Act 2, Part 3?
3. What is the nature of Goldberg's discussion of his name near the end of Act 2, Part 1?
4. Describe Meg and Petey's conversation at the beginning of the play.
5. At the beginning of the play, what is the nature of Stanley and Meg's conversation regarding breakfast?
6. Describe how McCann and Goldberg act towards Stanley when he asks for his glasses back?
7. How does Meg act when she hears someone coming down the stairs in Act 3, Part 1?
8. Describe the game the members of the birthday party play.
9. What is the nature of Stanley's complaints regarding Meg in Act 1, Part 1?
10. What is the nature of Goldberg and Petey's discussion of Stanley's glasses in Act 3, Part 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the nature of Meg's desire for Stanley in the play. How does Stanley react to these advances? What does this behavior from Meg say about her character?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the nature of Meg and Petey's relationship in the play. What was the author trying to portray about their relationship? What is telling of their character by this portrayal?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the characters' past haunting their present in the play. What details did we learn about the characters past and what role did this have on their portrayal in the play?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)