|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McCann say Goldberg's real name is?
2. Whose name makes Stanley react with concern in Act 1, Part 2?
3. What does McCann show gratitude to Goldberg for in Act 1, Part 2?
4. What does Stanley complain about in regards to his breakfast?
5. What is the name of the town Stanley says he used to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interaction between Goldberg and Lulu in Act 3, Part 2.
2. What is the nature of Meg and Stanley's conversation when he first returns to the boardinghouse in Act 1, Part 2?
3. What does Goldberg say to Meg regarding Stanley's birthday in Act 1, Part 2?
4. Describe the game the members of the birthday party play.
5. What does Stanley say in regards to piano playing in Act 1, Part 1?
6. How does Goldberg act when Lulu enters the room in Act 2, Part 3?
7. What happens after Stanley is caught in a compromising position with Lulu near the end of Act 2, Part 3?
8. How does Stanley react when McCann and Goldberg say he doesn't exist?
9. What occurs to Stanley after McCann enters the room in Act 2, Part 2?
10. How does Stanley react when Meg gives him fried bread?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the nature of Meg and Petey's relationship in the play. What was the author trying to portray about their relationship? What is telling of their character by this portrayal?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of the broken drum in the play. In what way might it have represented Stanley's emotional state?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of tension in the play. In what way was the author able to create a sense of tension between the characters?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)