|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stanley go into the kitchen to do at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
2. What does Meg give Stanley as a gift?
3. What does Goldberg ask Meg in regards to her other guests?
4. Who tries to leave after being introduced to the two gentlemen in Act 2, Part 1?
5. What is the name of the town Stanley says he used to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Petey and Meg's conversation regarding the drum at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
2. What is the nature of the conversation between McCann, Goldberg, and Stanley regarding the "necessary and possible"?
3. How does McCann react when Stanley says he's not the kind of man to cause trouble in Act 2, Part 1?
4. Describe the conversation between McCann and Goldberg before they enter the boardinghouse at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2.
5. Describe the interaction between Goldberg and Lulu in Act 3, Part 2.
6. What does Stanley say regarding his time in Ireland in Act 2, Part 1?
7. How does Stanley react after hearing Goldberg's name in Act 1, Part 2?
8. What is the nature of Goldberg's compliments to Meg at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
9. Describe McCann as he comes downstairs in Act 3, Part 1.
10. What does Meg tell the two gentlemen about Stanley during their first meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the significance of Ireland in the play. What importance did Ireland serve to further the story along? What does Ireland have to do with Stanley's past?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of friendship in the play. Were there any genuine friendships present in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the author's use of suspense in the play. What methods did he use to create a sense of suspense in the lives of these characters?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)