|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Goldberg say he and Petey were discussing in Act 2, Part 1?
2. Why does Meg become excited in regards to her new tenants in Act 1, Part 2?
3. Complete this sentence by McCann: "I'm just all right once I ____ what I'm doing."
4. What does McCann repeatedly and nervously ask Goldberg regarding the boardinghouse at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
5. What does Meg give Stanley as a gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of McCann and Stanley's conversation when the former will not allow Stanley to leave?
2. How does Meg act when she hears someone coming down the stairs in Act 3, Part 1?
3. Describe the events that interrupt the argument between McCann, Goldberg and Stanley at the end of Act 2, Part 2.
4. Describe the interaction between Goldberg and Lulu in Act 3, Part 2.
5. Describe the interaction between Lulu and Stanley at the end of Act 1, Part 1.
6. What is the nature of Meg and Stanley's conversation regarding his birthday in Act 1, Part 2?
7. What is the nature of Meg and Petey's conversation regarding two potential borders near the beginning of the first act?
8. Describe the interaction between Goldberg and Stanley at the beginning of Act 2, Part 2.
9. Describe Meg's actions when she begins drinking.
10. At the beginning of the play, what is the nature of Stanley and Meg's conversation regarding breakfast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of tension in the play. In what way was the author able to create a sense of tension between the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the author's use of suppression in the play. What methods did the author use to create suppression in the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the parallels between Stanley and Goldberg in the play. In what way did the author create similarities in these characters?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)