|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goldberg say he treated a girl with when he was younger?
2. What does McCann do when Stanley grabs his arm?
3. Who is the first character to appear in Act 1, Part 1?
4. Who does Goldberg say he and Petey were discussing in Act 2, Part 1?
5. In Act 2, Part 1, what does Stanley tell McCann he would be doing soon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interaction between Meg and the two gentlemen when they first meet.
2. Describe the events that interrupt the argument between McCann, Goldberg and Stanley at the end of Act 2, Part 2.
3. What is the nature of McCann and Goldberg's conversation regarding the newspaper at the beginning of Act 3, Part 2?
4. What is the nature of McCann and Goldberg's conversation regarding their job at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
5. How are the lights described at the beginning of the birthday party?
6. How does Goldberg act when Lulu enters the room in Act 2, Part 3?
7. How does Stanley react when Meg gives him fried bread?
8. How does Stanley react when Meg asks for a kiss?
9. How does McCann react when Stanley says he's not the kind of man to cause trouble in Act 2, Part 1?
10. Describe McCann's appearance at the table at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's use of violence in the play. In what way was the portrayal of violence different in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the author's use of suspense in the play. What methods did he use to create a sense of suspense in the lives of these characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of friendship in the play. Were there any genuine friendships present in the play?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)