|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what descent is McCann in the play?
2. What subject do Stanley and McCann discuss in Act 2, Part 1?
3. What does Goldberg tell McCann is quite different in regards to their job in Act 1, Part 2?
4. Who comes in the room during McCann and Stanley conversation in Act 2, Part 1?
5. What country does Stanley tell McCann he has great admiration for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stanley react when McCann and Goldberg say he doesn't exist?
2. What does Meg say regarding the black car?
3. What is the nature of Meg and Petey's conversation regarding two potential borders near the beginning of the first act?
4. What is the nature of Goldberg's compliments to Meg at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
5. Describe the interaction between Goldberg and Stanley at the beginning of Act 2, Part 2.
6. How does Goldberg react when McCann calls him Simey?
7. Describe Stanley's actions with a drum at the end of Act 1, Part 2.
8. What is the nature of Goldberg and Petey's discussion of Stanley's glasses in Act 3, Part 1?
9. In what way do McCann and Goldberg say Stanley doesn't exist?
10. How does Goldberg act when Lulu enters the room in Act 2, Part 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of friendship in the play. Were there any genuine friendships present in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the author's use of suppression in the play. What methods did the author use to create suppression in the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of self-control in the play. Which characters were able to show self-control? What did self-control represent to these characters?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)