|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following descriptions were not given to Stanley when he first comes down the stairs?
2. What does Stanley tell Meg happened that prevented him from performing at a theater once?
3. What does Stanley try and figure out while talking to McCann in Act 2, Part 1?
4. What does Goldberg suggest McCann go out and get at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
5. Which of the following complaints does Stanley not make to Meg in Act 1, Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Goldberg's discussion of his name near the end of Act 2, Part 1?
2. What is the nature of Petey and Meg's conversation regarding the drum at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
3. How are the lights described at the beginning of the birthday party?
4. What is the nature of McCann and Stanley's interaction in Act 2, Part 1?
5. What is the nature of Stanley's complaints regarding Meg in Act 1, Part 1?
6. What is the nature of Petey and Goldberg's conversation regarding Stanley in Act 3, Part 1?
7. Describe the interaction between Stanley and Meg when she asks for a cigarette.
8. How does Goldberg react when McCann calls him Simey?
9. Who is the only character to emerge from the play with his/her delusions intact?
10. In what way do McCann and Goldberg say Stanley doesn't exist?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the nature of Goldberg and McCann's relationship in the play. What seems to be the rapport between the two men? What motivates their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the author's use of suppression in the play. What methods did the author use to create suppression in the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of self-control in the play. Which characters were able to show self-control? What did self-control represent to these characters?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)