|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meg brag to Goldberg and McCann about regarding Stanley?
2. What does Goldberg say he shared with a young woman behind a stadium?
3. What does Stanley say in regards to the people talking outside that makes him irritable?
4. What country does Stanley tell McCann he has great admiration for?
5. What does McCann whistle in Act 2, Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Meg say regarding the black car?
2. What does Meg tell the two gentlemen about Stanley during their first meeting?
3. How does Stanley react after McCann and Goldberg continue to interrogate him near the end of Act 2, Part 2?
4. How does Goldberg react when McCann calls him Simey?
5. Describe the interaction between Lulu and Stanley at the end of Act 1, Part 1.
6. What is the nature of Petey and Meg's conversation regarding the drum at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
7. Describe the events that interrupt the argument between McCann, Goldberg and Stanley at the end of Act 2, Part 2.
8. How does Stanley react when Meg gives him fried bread?
9. What does Petey say was the nature of his and Goldberg's conversation while outside in Act 2, Part 1?
10. How does Stanley react when Meg asks for a kiss?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of the broken drum in the play. In what way might it have represented Stanley's emotional state?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of tension in the play. In what way was the author able to create a sense of tension between the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of delusion in the play. In what way did the characters create their own sense of delusion in the play?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)