|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what descent is McCann in the play?
2. Finish this sentence by Goldberg: "For a paper, perhaps, to see how the M.C.C. was getting on _______."
3. What does Goldberg ask Meg in regards to her other guests?
4. What does McCann tell Goldberg he has always been truly?
5. What subject do Stanley and McCann discuss in Act 2, Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Stanley's complaints regarding Meg in Act 1, Part 1?
2. How are the lights described at the beginning of the birthday party?
3. What is the nature of McCann and Goldberg's interrogation of Stanley?
4. Describe how McCann and Goldberg act towards Stanley when he asks for his glasses back?
5. What is the nature of Petey and Goldberg's conversation regarding Stanley in Act 3, Part 1?
6. What happens after Stanley is caught in a compromising position with Lulu near the end of Act 2, Part 3?
7. What is Stanley's reaction when Meg mentions the two men that will be staying in the boardinghouse in Act 1, Part 1?
8. Describe Goldberg's speech in regards to the principles he believes in.
9. Describe Meg's actions when she begins drinking.
10. How does Stanley react after McCann and Goldberg continue to interrogate him near the end of Act 2, Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of self-control in the play. Which characters were able to show self-control? What did self-control represent to these characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the characters' past haunting their present in the play. What details did we learn about the characters past and what role did this have on their portrayal in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of tension in the play. In what way was the author able to create a sense of tension between the characters?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)