|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McCann tell Goldberg he has always been truly?
2. What noise is heard offstage at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
3. Of what descent is McCann in the play?
4. Finish this sentence by Goldberg: "For a paper, perhaps, to see how the M.C.C. was getting on _______."
5. What does Goldberg suggest McCann go out and get at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interaction between Goldberg and Lulu in Act 3, Part 2.
2. Describe McCann as he comes downstairs in Act 3, Part 1.
3. Describe Goldberg's speech in regards to the principles he believes in.
4. Describe the interaction between Stanley and Meg when she asks for a cigarette.
5. What is the nature of Stanley's complaints regarding Meg in Act 1, Part 1?
6. What does Meg say about breakfast at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
7. Describe how McCann and Goldberg act towards Stanley when he asks for his glasses back?
8. Describe McCann's appearance at the table at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1.
9. What is the nature of Petey and Meg's conversation regarding the drum at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
10. Describe the interaction between McCann and Lulu when he enters the room in Act 3, Part 2.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of tension in the play. In what way was the author able to create a sense of tension between the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the nature of Meg's desire for Stanley in the play. How does Stanley react to these advances? What does this behavior from Meg say about her character?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of the broken drum in the play. In what way might it have represented Stanley's emotional state?
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)