|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stanley describe his second course of breakfast to Meg?
2. What subject do Stanley and McCann discuss in Act 2, Part 1?
3. What does Petey tell Meg is new and coming soon to their area in Act 1, Part 1?
4. What does McCann show gratitude to Goldberg for in Act 1, Part 2?
5. Whose name makes Stanley react with concern in Act 1, Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Meg and Petey's conversation regarding Stanley at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
2. Describe Meg's actions when she begins drinking.
3. How does McCann react when Stanley says he's not the kind of man to cause trouble in Act 2, Part 1?
4. What does Stanley say in regards to piano playing in Act 1, Part 1?
5. What is the nature of Petey and Meg's conversation regarding the drum at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
6. How does Stanley react after hearing Goldberg's name in Act 1, Part 2?
7. What does Meg say regarding the black car?
8. Describe McCann's appearance at the table at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1.
9. Describe Stanley's actions with a drum at the end of Act 1, Part 2.
10. Describe Stanley's appearance when he is brought downstairs in the final scene.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of friendship in the play. Were there any genuine friendships present in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of the wheelbarrow in the play. What might the author hope for it to foreshadow for the characters in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of Ireland in the play. What importance did Ireland serve to further the story along? What does Ireland have to do with Stanley's past?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)