|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Petey excuse himself to do at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
2. Who are the first people to appear in Act 1, Part 2?
3. What does Meg give Stanley for his second course at breakfast?
4. What does Meg brag to Goldberg and McCann about regarding Stanley?
5. What country does Stanley tell McCann he has great admiration for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe McCann's appearance at the table at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1.
2. Describe the interaction between Stanley and Meg when she asks for a cigarette.
3. What is the nature of Meg and Stanley's conversation regarding his birthday in Act 1, Part 2?
4. What is the nature of Meg and Petey's conversation regarding two potential borders near the beginning of the first act?
5. Describe Meg's actions when she begins drinking.
6. What is the nature of McCann and Goldberg's conversation regarding their job at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
7. How does McCann react when Stanley says he's not the kind of man to cause trouble in Act 2, Part 1?
8. What is the nature of Meg and Stanley's conversation when he first returns to the boardinghouse in Act 1, Part 2?
9. How does Stanley react after hearing Goldberg's name in Act 1, Part 2?
10. What is the nature of Goldberg's compliments to Meg at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the nature of no person or action being what it seems in the play. What message might the author have been trying to get across by doing this?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's portrayal of reality in the play. In what way did the characters try and escape their reality?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of the broken drum in the play. In what way might it have represented Stanley's emotional state?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)