|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Stanley tell McCann that his birthday really is?
2. Why does Meg say she wishes Stanley would play music for them that day when first meeting Goldberg and McCann?
3. What does McCann tell Goldberg he has always been truly?
4. Which of the following complaints does Stanley not make to Meg in Act 1, Part 1?
5. What is the relationship between Meg and Petey in the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Goldberg's discussion of his name near the end of Act 2, Part 1?
2. How does Stanley react when Meg asks for a kiss?
3. Describe the game the members of the birthday party play.
4. Describe Meg's interaction with the deliveryman.
5. What is the nature of McCann and Goldberg's conversation regarding their job at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
6. How does Stanley react after McCann and Goldberg continue to interrogate him near the end of Act 2, Part 2?
7. How are the lights described at the beginning of the birthday party?
8. What is the nature of McCann and Stanley's interaction in Act 2, Part 1?
9. What is the nature of Petey and Goldberg's conversation regarding Stanley in Act 3, Part 1?
10. What does Meg say regarding the black car?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the nature of Goldberg and McCann's relationship in the play. What seems to be the rapport between the two men? What motivates their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the author's use of suspense in the play. What methods did he use to create a sense of suspense in the lives of these characters?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the nature of Meg's desire for Stanley in the play. How does Stanley react to these advances? What does this behavior from Meg say about her character?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)