|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McCann say Goldberg's real name is?
2. Why does Meg say she wishes Stanley would play music for them that day when first meeting Goldberg and McCann?
3. What does Goldberg say he shared with a young woman behind a stadium?
4. What is the relationship between Meg and Petey in the play?
5. Who tries to leave after being introduced to the two gentlemen in Act 2, Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Goldberg's speech in regards to the principles he believes in.
2. What does Meg tell the two gentlemen about Stanley during their first meeting?
3. Describe Meg and Petey's conversation at the beginning of the play.
4. What is the nature of Goldberg and Petey's discussion of Stanley's glasses in Act 3, Part 1?
5. What is the nature of Meg and Petey's conversation regarding Stanley at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
6. How does Goldberg react when McCann calls him Simey?
7. At the beginning of the play, what is the nature of Stanley and Meg's conversation regarding breakfast?
8. Describe the interaction between Goldberg and Lulu in Act 3, Part 2.
9. What is the nature of McCann and Stanley's conversation when the former will not allow Stanley to leave?
10. What is the nature of Meg and Stanley's conversation when he first returns to the boardinghouse in Act 1, Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the nature of no person or action being what it seems in the play. What message might the author have been trying to get across by doing this?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's portrayal of reality in the play. In what way did the characters try and escape their reality?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the author's use of suspense in the play. What methods did he use to create a sense of suspense in the lives of these characters?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)