|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Petey excuse himself to do at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
2. Which of the following complaints does Stanley not make to Meg in Act 1, Part 1?
3. What nickname does Goldberg say him mother called him?
4. Where does McCann sit at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
5. What does McCann ask Goldberg in regards to their job near the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Stanley's appearance when he is brought downstairs in the final scene.
2. What is Stanley's reaction when Meg mentions the two men that will be staying in the boardinghouse in Act 1, Part 1?
3. What is the nature of Meg and Petey's conversation regarding two potential borders near the beginning of the first act?
4. What does Goldberg tell Lulu he used to do every day before going home to his wife?
5. What does Goldberg say to Meg regarding Stanley's birthday in Act 1, Part 2?
6. What is the nature of McCann and Goldberg's conversation regarding their job at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
7. In what way do McCann and Goldberg say Stanley doesn't exist?
8. What is the nature of Petey and Meg's conversation regarding the drum at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
9. How are the lights described at the beginning of the birthday party?
10. What is the nature of Goldberg's discussion of his name near the end of Act 2, Part 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of delusion in the play. In what way did the characters create their own sense of delusion in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of Ireland in the play. What importance did Ireland serve to further the story along? What does Ireland have to do with Stanley's past?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the characters' past haunting their present in the play. What details did we learn about the characters past and what role did this have on their portrayal in the play?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)