|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Goldberg say him mother called him?
2. What country does Stanley tell McCann he has great admiration for?
3. What does McCann say Goldberg's real name is?
4. When does Stanley tell McCann that his birthday really is?
5. What is the first character to appear in Act 1, Part 1 carrying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Goldberg's discussion of his name near the end of Act 2, Part 1?
2. How are the lights described at the beginning of the birthday party?
3. Describe the interaction between McCann and Lulu when he enters the room in Act 3, Part 2.
4. What is the nature of the conversation between McCann, Goldberg, and Stanley regarding the "necessary and possible"?
5. Describe Meg's actions when she begins drinking.
6. What does Stanley tell McCann in regard to his birthday in Act 2, Part 1?
7. Describe the interaction between Lulu and Stanley at the end of Act 1, Part 1.
8. How does Stanley react when McCann and Goldberg say he doesn't exist?
9. What occurs to Stanley after McCann enters the room in Act 2, Part 2?
10. What is the nature of McCann and Goldberg's conversation regarding their job at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of self-control in the play. Which characters were able to show self-control? What did self-control represent to these characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the characters' past haunting their present in the play. What details did we learn about the characters past and what role did this have on their portrayal in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's portrayal of reality in the play. In what way did the characters try and escape their reality?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)