|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stanley say in regards to the people talking outside that makes him irritable?
2. What does Stanley complain about after coming down the stairs in Act 1, Part 1?
3. What does Goldberg tell McCann he did specifically for this job?
4. What instrument does Meg say she likes to hear Stanley play?
5. What does Meg continually ask a deliveryman if her package was near the end of Act 1, Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Meg's interaction with the deliveryman.
2. Describe Stanley's actions with a drum at the end of Act 1, Part 2.
3. What is the nature of Goldberg and McCann's conversation regarding Stanley in the final scene?
4. What does Meg say about breakfast at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
5. What does Goldberg tell Lulu he used to do every day before going home to his wife?
6. Describe Stanley's appearance when he is brought downstairs in the final scene.
7. How does McCann react when Stanley says he's not the kind of man to cause trouble in Act 2, Part 1?
8. Describe McCann's appearance at the table at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1.
9. Describe the game the members of the birthday party play.
10. Describe the interaction between McCann and Lulu when he enters the room in Act 3, Part 2.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of friendship in the play. Were there any genuine friendships present in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of tension in the play. In what way was the author able to create a sense of tension between the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the nature of no person or action being what it seems in the play. What message might the author have been trying to get across by doing this?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)