|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete this sentence by McCann: "I'm just all right once I ____ what I'm doing."
2. What does McCann say Stanley is, which is odd for someone on their birthday?
3. What does McCann ask Goldberg in regards to their job near the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) If it will be messy.
(b) If it will take longer than usual.
(c) If it will be quick.
(d) If its like anything they've done before.
4. Who tries to leave after being introduced to the two gentlemen in Act 2, Part 1?
5. What does Stanley complain about after coming down the stairs in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) He's hungry.
(b) The tenants are too noisy.
(c) His room is dirty.
(d) He didn't sleep well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Petey excuse himself to do at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
2. Why does Meg say she wishes Stanley would play music for them that day when first meeting Goldberg and McCann?
3. What does McCann repeatedly and nervously ask Goldberg regarding the boardinghouse at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
4. What is the name of the person who brings in the parcel at the end of the first part?
5. Where does Meg tell Stanley that Petey met the men coming to the boardinghouse in Act 1, Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Goldberg and McCann's conversation regarding Stanley in the final scene?
2. What is the nature of McCann and Goldberg's conversation regarding the newspaper at the beginning of Act 3, Part 2?
3. Describe the game the members of the birthday party play.
4. What does Stanley tell McCann in regard to his birthday in Act 2, Part 1?
5. Describe McCann's appearance at the table at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1.
6. What is the nature of McCann and Goldberg's interrogation of Stanley?
7. Describe how McCann and Goldberg act towards Stanley when he asks for his glasses back?
8. What does Stanley say regarding his time in Ireland in Act 2, Part 1?
9. What is the nature of McCann and Goldberg's conversation regarding their job at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
10. Describe the interaction between Goldberg and Lulu in Act 3, Part 2.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)