|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meg say she assumes Stanley is doing during her conversation with Petey in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Taking a shower.
(d) Watching television.
2. What does McCann say Stanley is, which is odd for someone on their birthday?
3. Where does Stanley put his gift from Meg after opening it?
(a) On the floor.
(b) In the closet.
(c) Around his neck.
(d) On his knee.
4. What noise is heard offstage at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(c) Indistinct conversation.
5. What does Stanley complain about after coming down the stairs in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) The tenants are too noisy.
(b) He's hungry.
(c) His room is dirty.
(d) He didn't sleep well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete this sentence by McCann: "I'm just all right once I ____ what I'm doing."
2. What subject do Stanley and McCann discuss in Act 2, Part 1?
3. What does Stanley say two men coming in a van will have to take a person away in?
4. Where does McCann sit at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
5. What does Stanley complain about in regards to his breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the conversation between McCann, Goldberg, and Stanley regarding the "necessary and possible"?
2. Describe McCann's appearance at the table at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1.
3. Describe the conversation between McCann and Goldberg before they enter the boardinghouse at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2.
4. Describe Meg's actions when she begins drinking.
5. Describe the events that interrupt the argument between McCann, Goldberg and Stanley at the end of Act 2, Part 2.
6. What is the nature of Goldberg and Petey's discussion of Stanley's glasses in Act 3, Part 1?
7. How does Goldberg act when Lulu enters the room in Act 2, Part 3?
8. What is the nature of McCann and Stanley's interaction in Act 2, Part 1?
9. What does Goldberg say to Meg regarding Stanley's birthday in Act 1, Part 2?
10. What is the nature of Meg and Stanley's conversation when he first returns to the boardinghouse in Act 1, Part 2?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)