|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stanley try and figure out while talking to McCann in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) How they knew each other.
(b) What his family is like.
(c) Where he is from.
(d) What his job is.
2. What noise is heard offstage at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(b) Indistinct conversation.
3. What does Meg give Stanley as a gift?
(a) A piano.
(c) A hat.
(d) A toy drum.
4. When does Stanley tell McCann that his birthday really is?
(a) The next month.
(b) The last month.
(c) The next week.
(d) The next day.
5. What religion is Goldberg in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stanley say when Meg offers him a present in Act 1, Part 2?
2. How does Stanley describe his second course of breakfast to Meg?
3. What does Stanley say in regards to the people talking outside that makes him irritable?
4. What subject do Stanley and McCann discuss in Act 2, Part 1?
5. What does Meg do up the stairs before going to get Stanley in Act 1, Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Meg say about breakfast at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
2. Describe Goldberg's speech in regards to the principles he believes in.
3. What is the nature of Meg and Stanley's conversation when he first returns to the boardinghouse in Act 1, Part 2?
4. What is the nature of Petey and Meg's conversation regarding the drum at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
5. How does Stanley react after hearing Goldberg's name in Act 1, Part 2?
6. How does Stanley react when McCann and Goldberg say he doesn't exist?
7. Describe the interaction between McCann and Lulu when he enters the room in Act 3, Part 2.
8. How does McCann react when Stanley says he's not the kind of man to cause trouble in Act 2, Part 1?
9. What is the nature of the conversation between McCann, Goldberg, and Stanley regarding the "necessary and possible"?
10. What does Stanley say regarding his time in Ireland in Act 2, Part 1?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)