|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does McCann repeatedly and nervously ask Goldberg regarding the boardinghouse at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) If this was the right place.
(b) If they were in the right city.
(c) If they had the right person.
(d) If they had to go in.
2. Of what descent is McCann in the play?
3. What does Petey tell Meg is new and coming soon to their area in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A football team.
(d) A show.
4. What do Stanley and Petey discuss when Stanley first comes downstairs?
(a) The weather.
(b) The paper.
5. Who tries to leave after being introduced to the two gentlemen in Act 2, Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete this sentence by McCann: "I'm just all right once I ____ what I'm doing."
2. Where does Meg tell Stanley that Petey met the men coming to the boardinghouse in Act 1, Part 1?
3. Who does Goldberg tell Meg he had previously spoke with when they first meet?
4. Why does Stanley suddenly grab McCann's arm in Act 2, Part 1?
5. What does Stanley go into the kitchen to do at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Meg say about breakfast at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
2. In what way do McCann and Goldberg say Stanley doesn't exist?
3. Describe the interaction between Stanley and Meg when she asks for a cigarette.
4. Describe Stanley's appearance when he is brought downstairs in the final scene.
5. What is the nature of Petey and Goldberg's conversation regarding Stanley in Act 3, Part 1?
6. What does Petey say was the nature of his and Goldberg's conversation while outside in Act 2, Part 1?
7. Describe McCann's appearance at the table at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1.
8. What is the nature of Goldberg and McCann's conversation regarding Stanley in the final scene?
9. How does Stanley react when Meg gives him fried bread?
10. What does Stanley tell McCann in regard to his birthday in Act 2, Part 1?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)