|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Petey excuse himself to do at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Meet friends.
(b) Tend to his garden.
(c) Play chess.
(d) Play poker.
2. Where does Stanley put his gift from Meg after opening it?
(a) Around his neck.
(b) On the floor.
(c) On his knee.
(d) In the closet.
3. What subject do Stanley and McCann discuss in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Their jobs.
(b) The weather.
(c) Their children.
(d) Their family.
4. What is the name of the person who brings in the parcel at the end of the first part?
5. What does Petey tell Meg is new and coming soon to their area in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) A show.
(b) A football team.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McCann ask Goldberg in regards to their job near the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
2. Which of the following complaints does Stanley not make to Meg in Act 1, Part 1?
3. What does Stanley say in regards to the people talking outside that makes him irritable?
4. Of what descent is McCann in the play?
5. What does McCann show gratitude to Goldberg for in Act 1, Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does McCann react when Stanley says he's not the kind of man to cause trouble in Act 2, Part 1?
2. In what way do McCann and Goldberg say Stanley doesn't exist?
3. What does Stanley say in regards to piano playing in Act 1, Part 1?
4. How does Goldberg react when McCann calls him Simey?
5. What is the nature of Goldberg's discussion of his name near the end of Act 2, Part 1?
6. Describe Stanley's actions with a drum at the end of Act 1, Part 2.
7. Who is the only character to emerge from the play with his/her delusions intact?
8. What is the nature of Meg and Petey's conversation regarding two potential borders near the beginning of the first act?
9. How does Stanley react when McCann and Goldberg say he doesn't exist?
10. What is the nature of Petey and Meg's conversation regarding the drum at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)