|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meg ask Stanley to join her shopping for ?
(a) A pet.
(c) Supplies for their new guests.
(d) A car.
2. Who does Goldberg tell Meg he had previously spoke with when they first meet?
3. What does McCann whistle in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) An opera.
(b) An Irish folk song.
(c) A hymn.
(d) A nursery rhyme.
4. What kind of cereal does Petey eat a the beginning of the play?
(a) Bran flakes.
(b) Oat bran.
(d) Corn flakes.
5. What is the first character to appear in Act 1, Part 1 carrying?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A dog.
(c) An apple.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Part 1, what does Stanley tell McCann he would be doing soon?
2. Who tries to leave after being introduced to the two gentlemen in Act 2, Part 1?
3. What do Stanley and Petey discuss when Stanley first comes downstairs?
4. What does Meg give Stanley as a gift?
5. What does Stanley tell Meg happened that prevented him from performing at a theater once?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stanley react after hearing Goldberg's name in Act 1, Part 2?
2. What does Stanley tell McCann in regard to his birthday in Act 2, Part 1?
3. Describe the events that interrupt the argument between McCann, Goldberg and Stanley at the end of Act 2, Part 2.
4. What happens after Stanley is caught in a compromising position with Lulu near the end of Act 2, Part 3?
5. What is the nature of Petey and Goldberg's conversation regarding Stanley in Act 3, Part 1?
6. What is the nature of Goldberg and McCann's conversation regarding Stanley in the final scene?
7. What occurs to Stanley after McCann enters the room in Act 2, Part 2?
8. What is the nature of Meg and Petey's conversation regarding two potential borders near the beginning of the first act?
9. How does Meg act when she hears someone coming down the stairs in Act 3, Part 1?
10. What is the nature of Meg and Stanley's conversation when he first returns to the boardinghouse in Act 1, Part 2?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)