|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Meg tell Stanley that Petey met the men coming to the boardinghouse in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) A bar.
(b) The beach.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) On the street.
2. Complete this sentence by Goldberg: "I mean naturally they ________ me to take care of it."
3. What does McCann do when Stanley grabs his arm?
(b) Slaps it away.
(c) Grabs his back.
4. Who tries to leave after being introduced to the two gentlemen in Act 2, Part 1?
5. What noise is heard offstage at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(b) Indistinct conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goldberg tell McCann he did specifically for this job?
2. How does Stanley describe his second course of breakfast to Meg?
3. What is the first character to appear in Act 1, Part 1 carrying?
4. Why does Stanley suddenly grab McCann's arm in Act 2, Part 1?
5. Whose name makes Stanley react with concern in Act 1, Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way do McCann and Goldberg say Stanley doesn't exist?
2. How does McCann react when Stanley says he's not the kind of man to cause trouble in Act 2, Part 1?
3. What is the nature of Meg and Stanley's conversation regarding his birthday in Act 1, Part 2?
4. Describe the interaction between Stanley and Meg when she asks for a cigarette.
5. What occurs to Stanley after McCann enters the room in Act 2, Part 2?
6. Describe McCann's appearance at the table at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1.
7. How are the lights described at the beginning of the birthday party?
8. How does Stanley react when Meg asks for a kiss?
9. Describe the interaction between Goldberg and Stanley at the beginning of Act 2, Part 2.
10. Describe the game the members of the birthday party play.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)