|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Meg and Petey in the play?
(a) Brother and sister.
(b) Husband and wife.
2. What is Stanley invited to by the person who brings in the parcel?
(a) To a restaurant.
(b) To a picnic.
(c) To a bar.
(d) On a date.
3. Who does Goldberg say he and Petey were discussing in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Goldberg's wife.
(c) Goldberg's mother.
4. Who does Meg say she will invite to a party at her house?
5. What does Meg come into the scene carrying in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) An umbrella.
(b) A box.
(c) Her shopping.
(d) A flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following descriptions were not given to Stanley when he first comes down the stairs?
2. What country does Stanley tell McCann he has great admiration for?
3. Complete this sentence by Goldberg: "I mean naturally they ________ me to take care of it."
4. Where does Stanley put his gift from Meg after opening it?
5. What does Stanley tell Meg happened that prevented him from performing at a theater once?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stanley react when McCann and Goldberg say he doesn't exist?
2. What is the nature of McCann and Goldberg's conversation regarding the newspaper at the beginning of Act 3, Part 2?
3. What does Stanley tell McCann in regard to his birthday in Act 2, Part 1?
4. How are the lights described at the beginning of the birthday party?
5. What does Stanley say regarding his time in Ireland in Act 2, Part 1?
6. What is the nature of McCann and Stanley's conversation when the former will not allow Stanley to leave?
7. In what way do McCann and Goldberg say Stanley doesn't exist?
8. What is the nature of Meg and Petey's conversation regarding two potential borders near the beginning of the first act?
9. What is the nature of Meg and Stanley's conversation regarding his birthday in Act 1, Part 2?
10. What is the nature of Goldberg's compliments to Meg at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)