|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meg come into the scene carrying in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A flower.
(b) Her shopping.
(c) An umbrella.
(d) A box.
2. Complete this sentence by Goldberg: "I mean naturally they ________ me to take care of it."
3. What does Goldberg say he treated a girl with when he was younger?
4. What type of room does Meg say she has for the men coming to stay in their boardinghouse?
5. What does Petey excuse himself to do at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Play poker.
(b) Play chess.
(c) Meet friends.
(d) Tend to his garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish this sentence by Goldberg: "For a paper, perhaps, to see how the M.C.C. was getting on _______."
2. When does Stanley tell McCann that his birthday really is?
3. Of what descent is McCann in the play?
4. Who does Goldberg say he and Petey were discussing in Act 2, Part 1?
5. What does Stanley tell McCann about Meg to explain her celebrating his birthday early?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the events that interrupt the argument between McCann, Goldberg and Stanley at the end of Act 2, Part 2.
2. What is the nature of Goldberg's discussion of his name near the end of Act 2, Part 1?
3. What is the nature of the conversation between McCann, Goldberg, and Stanley regarding the "necessary and possible"?
4. Describe Meg's interaction with the deliveryman.
5. What is the nature of McCann and Goldberg's conversation regarding their job at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
6. Describe McCann as he comes downstairs in Act 3, Part 1.
7. How does Stanley react after hearing Goldberg's name in Act 1, Part 2?
8. How does Stanley react after McCann and Goldberg continue to interrogate him near the end of Act 2, Part 2?
9. What is the nature of Goldberg and Petey's discussion of Stanley's glasses in Act 3, Part 1?
10. What is the nature of Stanley's complaints regarding Meg in Act 1, Part 1?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)