|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sounds does Petey hear when Meg goes upstairs to retrieve Stanley in Act 1, Part 1?
2. Why does Stanley suddenly grab McCann's arm in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) To tickle him.
(b) To joke with him.
(c) To get him to listen to him.
(d) To hurt him.
3. What interrupts Meg and Stanley's argument in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) A knock on the door.
(b) A visitor.
(c) A scream.
(d) A fire.
4. What does Petey leave the house without doing that leaves Meg aghast in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Kissing her goodbye.
(b) Cleaning his dish.
(c) Reading his paper.
(d) Drinking his tea.
5. What does Goldberg say he shared with a young woman behind a stadium?
(a) A meal.
(b) Their love.
(c) Watched a sunset.
(d) A kiss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what descent is McCann in the play?
2. What does Stanley complain about after coming down the stairs in Act 1, Part 1?
3. What do Stanley and Petey discuss when Stanley first comes downstairs?
4. What does Meg come into the scene carrying in Act 1, Part 2?
5. What does Goldberg offer to bring to the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation between McCann and Goldberg before they enter the boardinghouse at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2.
2. Describe McCann as he comes downstairs in Act 3, Part 1.
3. What is the nature of Meg and Stanley's conversation when he first returns to the boardinghouse in Act 1, Part 2?
4. What is the nature of McCann and Stanley's conversation when the former will not allow Stanley to leave?
5. Describe the interaction between Goldberg and Stanley at the beginning of Act 2, Part 2.
6. At the beginning of the play, what is the nature of Stanley and Meg's conversation regarding breakfast?
7. What is the nature of Goldberg's compliments to Meg at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
8. What does Meg tell the two gentlemen about Stanley during their first meeting?
9. How does Stanley react when McCann and Goldberg say he doesn't exist?
10. What is the nature of the conversation between McCann, Goldberg, and Stanley regarding the "necessary and possible"?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)