|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stanley tell Meg he is considering accepting a contract for?
(a) For a new job.
(b) For an adoption.
(c) Go on a world tour.
(d) To kill someone.
2. What does McCann whistle in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) An opera.
(b) An Irish folk song.
(c) A nursery rhyme.
(d) A hymn.
3. Who are the first people to appear in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Petey and Lulu.
(b) Meg and Lulu.
(c) McCann and Goldberg.
(d) Stanley and Petey.
4. What does Petey leave the house without doing that leaves Meg aghast in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Reading his paper.
(b) Kissing her goodbye.
(c) Cleaning his dish.
(d) Drinking his tea.
5. What does Meg say she assumes Stanley is doing during her conversation with Petey in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Watching television.
(d) Taking a shower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Meg become excited in regards to her new tenants in Act 1, Part 2?
2. Who comes in the room during McCann and Stanley conversation in Act 2, Part 1?
3. What does Goldberg say he treated a girl with when he was younger?
4. Of what descent is McCann in the play?
5. What does Stanley tell Meg happened that prevented him from performing at a theater once?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Meg act when she hears someone coming down the stairs in Act 3, Part 1?
2. Describe the game the members of the birthday party play.
3. What happens after Stanley is caught in a compromising position with Lulu near the end of Act 2, Part 3?
4. What does Meg say regarding the black car?
5. What is the nature of McCann and Goldberg's conversation regarding the newspaper at the beginning of Act 3, Part 2?
6. What does Stanley say in regards to piano playing in Act 1, Part 1?
7. What is the nature of Stanley's complaints regarding Meg in Act 1, Part 1?
8. How are the lights described at the beginning of the birthday party?
9. What is the nature of the conversation between McCann, Goldberg, and Stanley regarding the "necessary and possible"?
10. What does Meg tell the two gentlemen about Stanley during their first meeting?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)