|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does McCann show gratitude to Goldberg for in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) His support.
(b) His hospitality.
(c) His niceness.
(d) His sincerity.
2. What does McCann whistle in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) An Irish folk song.
(b) A nursery rhyme.
(c) A hymn.
(d) An opera.
3. What is the first character to appear in Act 1, Part 1 carrying?
(a) An apple.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A book.
(d) A dog.
4. What does McCann repeatedly and nervously ask Goldberg regarding the boardinghouse at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) If they had to go in.
(b) If this was the right place.
(c) If they had the right person.
(d) If they were in the right city.
5. Where does Stanley kiss Meg after she gives him his gift?
(a) On the hand.
(b) On the neck.
(c) On the lips.
(d) On the cheek.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following descriptions were not given to Stanley when he first comes down the stairs?
2. What does McCann tell Goldberg he has always been truly?
3. Whose name makes Stanley react with concern in Act 1, Part 2?
4. What does Stanley say when Meg offers him a present in Act 1, Part 2?
5. Where does Meg tell Stanley that Petey met the men coming to the boardinghouse in Act 1, Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of McCann and Goldberg's interrogation of Stanley?
2. Describe Stanley's appearance when he is brought downstairs in the final scene.
3. In what way do McCann and Goldberg say Stanley doesn't exist?
4. Describe McCann as he comes downstairs in Act 3, Part 1.
5. What is the nature of Petey and Goldberg's conversation regarding Stanley in Act 3, Part 1?
6. What is the nature of Goldberg's discussion of his name near the end of Act 2, Part 1?
7. Describe Meg's interaction with the deliveryman.
8. What is the nature of McCann and Stanley's conversation when the former will not allow Stanley to leave?
9. What is the nature of Goldberg and McCann's conversation regarding Stanley in the final scene?
10. How does Goldberg act when Lulu enters the room in Act 2, Part 3?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)