|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stanley invited to by the person who brings in the parcel?
(a) To a restaurant.
(b) On a date.
(c) To a picnic.
(d) To a bar.
2. Why does Meg become excited in regards to her new tenants in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Because they liked their room.
(b) Because they are good looking.
(c) Because they brought her a gift.
(d) Because they complimented her.
3. What does McCann show gratitude to Goldberg for in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) His hospitality.
(b) His niceness.
(c) His support.
(d) His sincerity.
4. What does Meg continually ask a deliveryman if her package was near the end of Act 1, Part 1?
5. What noise is heard offstage at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(d) Indistinct conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sounds does Petey hear when Meg goes upstairs to retrieve Stanley in Act 1, Part 1?
2. What does Meg say she assumes Stanley is doing during her conversation with Petey in Act 1, Part 1?
3. What is the relationship between Meg and Petey in the play?
4. What does Goldberg suggest McCann go out and get at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
5. What instrument does Meg say she likes to hear Stanley play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Goldberg and Petey's discussion of Stanley's glasses in Act 3, Part 1?
2. What is the nature of the conversation between McCann, Goldberg, and Stanley regarding the "necessary and possible"?
3. What is the nature of Stanley's complaints regarding Meg in Act 1, Part 1?
4. What is the nature of Meg and Stanley's conversation when he first returns to the boardinghouse in Act 1, Part 2?
5. What is the nature of Meg and Petey's conversation regarding two potential borders near the beginning of the first act?
6. Describe McCann's appearance at the table at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1.
7. What is the nature of Meg and Stanley's conversation regarding his birthday in Act 1, Part 2?
8. In what way do McCann and Goldberg say Stanley doesn't exist?
9. Describe the interaction between McCann and Lulu when he enters the room in Act 3, Part 2.
10. How does Stanley react when McCann and Goldberg say he doesn't exist?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)