|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stanley tell Meg happened that prevented him from performing at a theater once?
(a) It was on fire.
(b) It was under new management.
(c) It had been a lie.
(d) It had been locked up.
2. What does McCann tell Goldberg he has always been truly?
(a) A good man.
(b) A good friend.
(c) A hard worker.
(d) A Christian.
3. What does Meg give Stanley for his second course at breakfast?
(a) French toast.
(b) Fried bread.
4. What does McCann ask Goldberg in regards to their job near the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) If it will take longer than usual.
(b) If its like anything they've done before.
(c) If it will be messy.
(d) If it will be quick.
5. What does Meg say she assumes Stanley is doing during her conversation with Petey in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Taking a shower.
(c) Watching television.
6. Why does Stanley suddenly grab McCann's arm in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) To get him to listen to him.
(b) To joke with him.
(c) To hurt him.
(d) To tickle him.
7. Where does Stanley kiss Meg after she gives him his gift?
(a) On the lips.
(b) On the cheek.
(c) On the hand.
(d) On the neck.
8. What kind of cereal does Petey eat a the beginning of the play?
(a) Oat bran.
(b) Corn flakes.
(c) Bran flakes.
9. What interrupts Meg and Stanley's argument in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) A fire.
(b) A scream.
(c) A visitor.
(d) A knock on the door.
10. What does Meg come into the scene carrying in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A box.
(b) An umbrella.
(c) Her shopping.
(d) A flower.
11. Finish this sentence by Goldberg: "For a paper, perhaps, to see how the M.C.C. was getting on _______."
12. How does Stanley describe his second course of breakfast to Meg?
13. What does Stanley tell Meg he is considering accepting a contract for?
(a) For a new job.
(b) Go on a world tour.
(c) For an adoption.
(d) To kill someone.
14. What does Goldberg say is essential for a man to do in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Be in love.
(b) Be rich.
(c) Stay in control.
(d) Be good at your job.
15. What is the relationship between Meg and Petey in the play?
(a) Husband and wife.
(d) Brother and sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sounds does Petey hear when Meg goes upstairs to retrieve Stanley in Act 1, Part 1?
2. Which of the following descriptions were not given to Stanley when he first comes down the stairs?
3. What is the piece from the paper Petey reads aloud in Act 1, Part 1 regarding?
4. What type of room does Meg say she has for the men coming to stay in their boardinghouse?
5. What does Petey tell Meg is new and coming soon to their area in Act 1, Part 1?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)