|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meg continually ask a deliveryman if her package was near the end of Act 1, Part 1?
2. What does Goldberg tell McCann is quite different in regards to their job in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) The main issue.
(b) The plan.
(c) The scheme.
(d) Their role.
3. What does McCann whistle in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) An opera.
(b) A nursery rhyme.
(c) A hymn.
(d) An Irish folk song.
4. What does Petey excuse himself to do at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Meet friends.
(b) Tend to his garden.
(c) Play poker.
(d) Play chess.
5. What is the first character to appear in Act 1, Part 1 carrying?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A dog.
(c) A book.
(d) An apple.
6. What country does Stanley tell McCann he has great admiration for?
(b) His family.
7. Where does McCann sit at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) At the table.
(b) On a couch.
(c) On the porch.
(d) On the floor.
8. What does McCann say Goldberg's real name is?
9. Of what descent is McCann in the play?
10. What does Stanley complain about in regards to his breakfast?
(a) His toast is burnt.
(b) His milk is sour.
(c) His cereal is stale.
(d) His meat is spoiled.
11. In Act 2, Part 1, what does Stanley tell McCann he would be doing soon?
(a) Going on a world tour.
(b) Going to school.
(c) Moving to a new boardinghouse.
(d) Leaving town.
12. What is Stanley invited to by the person who brings in the parcel?
(a) On a date.
(b) To a picnic.
(c) To a bar.
(d) To a restaurant.
13. What reason does Stanley give for being anxious in regards to the new tenants in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) He doesn't want a crowd.
(b) He doesn't trust them.
(c) He knew them back in Ireland.
(d) He doesn't know why they chose that boardinghouse.
14. How does Stanley describe his second course of breakfast to Meg?
15. Who does Goldberg say he and Petey were discussing in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Goldberg's mother.
(c) Goldberg's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meg give Stanley as a gift?
2. What time does Goldberg say the party will start?
3. What does Petey leave the house without doing that leaves Meg aghast in Act 1, Part 1?
4. Where does Meg tell Stanley that Petey met the men coming to the boardinghouse in Act 1, Part 1?
5. What does McCann do when Stanley grabs his arm?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)