|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meg give Stanley as a gift?
(a) A piano.
(b) A toy drum.
(c) A hat.
2. What sounds does Petey hear when Meg goes upstairs to retrieve Stanley in Act 1, Part 1?
3. What does Petey leave the house without doing that leaves Meg aghast in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Drinking his tea.
(b) Kissing her goodbye.
(c) Cleaning his dish.
(d) Reading his paper.
4. In Act 2, Part 1, what does Stanley tell McCann he would be doing soon?
(a) Going to school.
(b) Going on a world tour.
(c) Leaving town.
(d) Moving to a new boardinghouse.
5. Where does Stanley put his gift from Meg after opening it?
(a) On his knee.
(b) Around his neck.
(c) In the closet.
(d) On the floor.
6. Who is the first character to appear in Act 1, Part 1?
7. Complete this sentence by McCann: "I'm just all right once I ____ what I'm doing."
8. What does McCann say is the only reason he is nervous in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) He likes the guy.
(b) He wants to be finished.
(c) He feels sick.
(d) He's waiting to start.
9. What does Stanley tell Meg happened that prevented him from performing at a theater once?
(a) It had been locked up.
(b) It was under new management.
(c) It had been a lie.
(d) It was on fire.
10. What is the name of the town Stanley says he used to live?
11. What does Meg come into the scene carrying in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Her shopping.
(b) A box.
(c) A flower.
(d) An umbrella.
12. Which of the following descriptions were not given to Stanley when he first comes down the stairs?
(b) Wearing glasses.
(d) In his pajamas.
13. What does Stanley go into the kitchen to do at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
(b) Wash and shave.
14. What kind of cereal does Petey eat a the beginning of the play?
(a) Oat bran.
(b) Bran flakes.
(c) Corn flakes.
15. Who suggests that they throw Stanley a party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Meg tell Stanley that Petey met the men coming to the boardinghouse in Act 1, Part 1?
2. What does Goldberg say he treated a girl with when he was younger?
3. Finish this sentence by Goldberg: "For a paper, perhaps, to see how the M.C.C. was getting on _______."
4. What does Stanley say two men coming in a van will have to take a person away in?
5. What country does Stanley tell McCann he has great admiration for?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)