|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete this sentence by McCann: "I'm just all right once I ____ what I'm doing."
2. Finish this sentence by Goldberg: "For a paper, perhaps, to see how the M.C.C. was getting on _______."
3. Which of the following complaints does Stanley not make to Meg in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) She's too nosy.
(b) His tea is too strong.
(c) She shouldn't clean while he eats.
(d) She shouldn't have come up to his room.
4. What does McCann say Goldberg's real name is?
5. What religion is Goldberg in the play?
6. What time does Goldberg say the party will start?
(a) 10 o'clock.
(b) 8 o'clock.
(c) 9 o'clock.
(d) 7 o'clock.
7. In Act 2, Part 1, what does Stanley tell McCann he would be doing soon?
(a) Leaving town.
(b) Going to school.
(c) Moving to a new boardinghouse.
(d) Going on a world tour.
8. Who does Goldberg tell Meg he had previously spoke with when they first meet?
9. What does Stanley say in regards to the people talking outside that makes him irritable?
(a) What they are talking about.
(b) Why they won't leave.
(c) Why they are there.
(d) Why they won't come inside.
10. What does McCann tell Goldberg he has always been truly?
(a) A good man.
(b) A hard worker.
(c) A good friend.
(d) A Christian.
11. What does Stanley tell McCann about Meg to explain her celebrating his birthday early?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is nice.
(c) She is silly.
(d) She is crazy.
12. Why does Stanley suddenly grab McCann's arm in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) To tickle him.
(b) To get him to listen to him.
(c) To joke with him.
(d) To hurt him.
13. Who does Meg say she will invite to a party at her house?
14. What does McCann show gratitude to Goldberg for in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) His sincerity.
(b) His hospitality.
(c) His niceness.
(d) His support.
15. What does Meg ask Stanley to join her shopping for ?
(a) A car.
(b) Supplies for their new guests.
(d) A pet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McCann whistle in Act 2, Part 1?
2. What does Petey excuse himself to do at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
3. Who tries to leave after being introduced to the two gentlemen in Act 2, Part 1?
4. Where does Stanley kiss Meg after she gives him his gift?
5. What does Stanley go into the kitchen to do at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)