|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stanley say two men coming in a van will have to take a person away in?
(a) A wheelbarrow.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A gun.
(d) An appetite.
2. When does Stanley tell McCann that his birthday really is?
(a) The next week.
(b) The last month.
(c) The next day.
(d) The next month.
3. Where does McCann sit at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) At the table.
(b) On the porch.
(c) On a couch.
(d) On the floor.
4. What does Stanley say in regards to the people talking outside that makes him irritable?
(a) Why they won't leave.
(b) Why they won't come inside.
(c) What they are talking about.
(d) Why they are there.
5. What does Stanley say when Meg offers him a present in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) He doesn't like it.
(b) That it isn't his birthday.
(c) He loves it.
(d) Thank you.
6. What is Stanley invited to by the person who brings in the parcel?
(a) To a restaurant.
(b) To a bar.
(c) On a date.
(d) To a picnic.
7. What does Petey leave the house without doing that leaves Meg aghast in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Drinking his tea.
(b) Reading his paper.
(c) Kissing her goodbye.
(d) Cleaning his dish.
8. What type of room does Meg say she has for the men coming to stay in their boardinghouse?
9. In what way does McCann tear the newspaper?
(a) Into shreds.
(b) He doesn't tear the newspaper.
(c) Into small pieces.
(d) Mathematically even strips.
10. Where does Meg tell Stanley that Petey met the men coming to the boardinghouse in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) A bar.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The beach.
(d) On the street.
11. What country does Stanley tell McCann he has great admiration for?
(a) His family.
12. Who does Goldberg tell Meg he had previously spoke with when they first meet?
13. What is the piece from the paper Petey reads aloud in Act 1, Part 1 regarding?
(a) The classifieds.
(b) A birth announcement.
(c) The horoscopes.
(d) A comic.
14. Which of the following complaints does Stanley not make to Meg in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) She shouldn't clean while he eats.
(b) His tea is too strong.
(c) She shouldn't have come up to his room.
(d) She's too nosy.
15. What does McCann say Goldberg's real name is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stanley tell McCann about Meg to explain her celebrating his birthday early?
2. What does Goldberg say he treated a girl with when he was younger?
3. Finish this sentence by Goldberg: "For a paper, perhaps, to see how the M.C.C. was getting on _______."
4. What sounds does Petey hear when Meg goes upstairs to retrieve Stanley in Act 1, Part 1?
5. What does Stanley complain about in regards to his breakfast?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)