|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town Stanley says he used to live?
2. What does McCann tell Goldberg he has always been truly?
(a) A good man.
(b) A hard worker.
(c) A good friend.
(d) A Christian.
3. What does McCann say Stanley is, which is odd for someone on their birthday?
4. What does Stanley tell Meg he is considering accepting a contract for?
(a) For an adoption.
(b) For a new job.
(c) Go on a world tour.
(d) To kill someone.
5. What subject do Stanley and McCann discuss in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Their family.
(b) The weather.
(c) Their jobs.
(d) Their children.
6. Who tries to leave after being introduced to the two gentlemen in Act 2, Part 1?
7. What does McCann whistle in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) A nursery rhyme.
(b) An opera.
(c) An Irish folk song.
(d) A hymn.
8. What country does Stanley tell McCann he has great admiration for?
(d) His family.
9. What does Meg brag to Goldberg and McCann about regarding Stanley?
(a) His singing.
(b) His smarts.
(c) His looks.
(d) His piano playing.
10. What does Petey leave the house without doing that leaves Meg aghast in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Drinking his tea.
(b) Kissing her goodbye.
(c) Reading his paper.
(d) Cleaning his dish.
11. Where does McCann sit at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) On a couch.
(b) On the floor.
(c) At the table.
(d) On the porch.
12. Why does Meg say she wishes Stanley would play music for them that day when first meeting Goldberg and McCann?
(a) Because he's so good.
(b) Because he needs practice.
(c) Because he's leaving soon.
(d) Because it's his birthday.
13. Why does Meg become excited in regards to her new tenants in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Because they liked their room.
(b) Because they brought her a gift.
(c) Because they complimented her.
(d) Because they are good looking.
14. What is the first character to appear in Act 1, Part 1 carrying?
(a) A dog.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A book.
(d) An apple.
15. How does Stanley describe his second course of breakfast to Meg?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meg say she assumes Stanley is doing during her conversation with Petey in Act 1, Part 1?
2. What religion is Goldberg in the play?
3. What does Goldberg say he shared with a young woman behind a stadium?
4. Which of the following complaints does Stanley not make to Meg in Act 1, Part 1?
5. What does Meg give Stanley as a gift?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)