|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete this sentence by McCann: "I'm just all right once I ____ what I'm doing."
2. Who are the first people to appear in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Stanley and Petey.
(b) Meg and Lulu.
(c) Petey and Lulu.
(d) McCann and Goldberg.
3. What does Meg do up the stairs before going to get Stanley in Act 1, Part 1?
4. What type of room does Meg say she has for the men coming to stay in their boardinghouse?
5. What reason does Stanley give for being anxious in regards to the new tenants in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) He doesn't trust them.
(b) He knew them back in Ireland.
(c) He doesn't want a crowd.
(d) He doesn't know why they chose that boardinghouse.
6. Who comes in the room during McCann and Stanley conversation in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Petey and Meg.
(b) Lulu and Meg.
(c) Goldberg and Petey.
(d) Lulu and Goldberg.
7. Of what descent is McCann in the play?
8. What does Petey tell Meg is new and coming soon to their area in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) A show.
(b) A football team.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A neighbor.
9. What does McCann repeatedly and nervously ask Goldberg regarding the boardinghouse at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) If this was the right place.
(b) If they had to go in.
(c) If they had the right person.
(d) If they were in the right city.
10. What does Meg ask Stanley to join her shopping for ?
(b) Supplies for their new guests.
(c) A pet.
(d) A car.
11. What does Meg say she assumes Stanley is doing during her conversation with Petey in Act 1, Part 1?
(b) Taking a shower.
(c) Watching television.
12. What does Stanley say when Meg offers him a present in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) That it isn't his birthday.
(b) He doesn't like it.
(c) Thank you.
(d) He loves it.
13. What does McCann do when Stanley grabs his arm?
(c) Grabs his back.
(d) Slaps it away.
14. What does Stanley tell Meg he is considering accepting a contract for?
(a) For a new job.
(b) To kill someone.
(c) Go on a world tour.
(d) For an adoption.
15. What does McCann show gratitude to Goldberg for in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) His hospitality.
(b) His sincerity.
(c) His support.
(d) His niceness.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Stanley tell McCann that his birthday really is?
2. What does Goldberg say is essential for a man to do in Act 1, Part 2?
3. What does Stanley go into the kitchen to do at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
4. What does Petey leave the house without doing that leaves Meg aghast in Act 1, Part 1?
5. What does Goldberg say he treated a girl with when he was younger?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)