|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose name makes Stanley react with concern in Act 1, Part 2?
2. What does Meg give Stanley for his second course at breakfast?
(a) French toast.
(d) Fried bread.
3. What does Stanley complain about after coming down the stairs in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) His room is dirty.
(b) He's hungry.
(c) He didn't sleep well.
(d) The tenants are too noisy.
4. What is the name of the town Stanley says he used to live?
5. What does McCann show gratitude to Goldberg for in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) His support.
(b) His hospitality.
(c) His niceness.
(d) His sincerity.
6. What is the piece from the paper Petey reads aloud in Act 1, Part 1 regarding?
(a) The horoscopes.
(b) A comic.
(c) A birth announcement.
(d) The classifieds.
7. What does Petey leave the house without doing that leaves Meg aghast in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Cleaning his dish.
(b) Reading his paper.
(c) Kissing her goodbye.
(d) Drinking his tea.
8. What do Stanley and Petey discuss when Stanley first comes downstairs?
(c) The paper.
(d) The weather.
9. What does Goldberg say he treated a girl with when he was younger?
10. Complete this sentence by McCann: "I'm just all right once I ____ what I'm doing."
11. Where does Meg tell Stanley that Petey met the men coming to the boardinghouse in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A bar.
(c) On the street.
(d) The beach.
12. What does Stanley go into the kitchen to do at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
(c) Wash and shave.
13. What kind of cereal does Petey eat a the beginning of the play?
(a) Corn flakes.
(b) Oat bran.
(c) Bran flakes.
14. What is Stanley invited to by the person who brings in the parcel?
(a) On a date.
(b) To a picnic.
(c) To a bar.
(d) To a restaurant.
15. What does Goldberg tell McCann is quite different in regards to their job in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Their role.
(b) The scheme.
(c) The plan.
(d) The main issue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stanley complain about in regards to his breakfast?
2. Why does Meg say she wishes Stanley would play music for them that day when first meeting Goldberg and McCann?
3. What nickname does Goldberg say him mother called him?
4. How many men does Petey tell Meg he encountered that may be boarding with them?
5. Finish this sentence by Goldberg: "For a paper, perhaps, to see how the M.C.C. was getting on _______."
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)