|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first character to appear in Act 1, Part 1 carrying?
(a) A dog.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) An apple.
(d) A book.
2. Complete this sentence by Goldberg: "I mean naturally they ________ me to take care of it."
3. Which of the following descriptions were not given to Stanley when he first comes down the stairs?
(a) In his pajamas.
(d) Wearing glasses.
4. Who does Goldberg tell Meg he had previously spoke with when they first meet?
5. In what way does McCann tear the newspaper?
(a) Into small pieces.
(b) He doesn't tear the newspaper.
(c) Into shreds.
(d) Mathematically even strips.
6. What is Stanley invited to by the person who brings in the parcel?
(a) To a bar.
(b) To a restaurant.
(c) On a date.
(d) To a picnic.
7. What does Petey tell Meg is new and coming soon to their area in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A football team.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A show.
8. What does Goldberg say he treated a girl with when he was younger?
9. What type of room does Meg say she has for the men coming to stay in their boardinghouse?
10. What is the name of the person who brings in the parcel at the end of the first part?
11. What reason does Stanley give for being anxious in regards to the new tenants in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) He doesn't trust them.
(b) He doesn't know why they chose that boardinghouse.
(c) He knew them back in Ireland.
(d) He doesn't want a crowd.
12. What does Stanley try and figure out while talking to McCann in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Where he is from.
(b) What his job is.
(c) What his family is like.
(d) How they knew each other.
13. What noise is heard offstage at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Indistinct conversation.
14. Finish this sentence by Goldberg: "For a paper, perhaps, to see how the M.C.C. was getting on _______."
15. Whose name makes Stanley react with concern in Act 1, Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meg come into the scene carrying in Act 1, Part 2?
2. What does McCann ask Goldberg in regards to their job near the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
3. Complete this sentence by McCann: "I'm just all right once I ____ what I'm doing."
4. What does Goldberg tell McCann he did specifically for this job?
5. What kind of cereal does Petey eat a the beginning of the play?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)