|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish this sentence by Goldberg: "For a paper, perhaps, to see how the M.C.C. was getting on _______."
2. What does Stanley tell McCann about Meg to explain her celebrating his birthday early?
(a) She is silly.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is crazy.
(d) She is nice.
3. What is the piece from the paper Petey reads aloud in Act 1, Part 1 regarding?
(a) A comic.
(b) The horoscopes.
(c) A birth announcement.
(d) The classifieds.
4. What does Goldberg tell McCann he did specifically for this job?
(a) Bought a suit.
(b) Read a book.
(c) Asked for him.
(d) Got a haircut.
5. What does Goldberg say he shared with a young woman behind a stadium?
(a) Watched a sunset.
(b) A meal.
(c) Their love.
(d) A kiss.
6. Why does Meg say she wishes Stanley would play music for them that day when first meeting Goldberg and McCann?
(a) Because he needs practice.
(b) Because it's his birthday.
(c) Because he's so good.
(d) Because he's leaving soon.
7. What does McCann show gratitude to Goldberg for in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) His support.
(b) His sincerity.
(c) His niceness.
(d) His hospitality.
8. What type of room does Meg say she has for the men coming to stay in their boardinghouse?
9. What does Petey excuse himself to do at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Play poker.
(b) Tend to his garden.
(c) Meet friends.
(d) Play chess.
10. What does McCann tell Goldberg he has always been truly?
(a) A Christian.
(b) A hard worker.
(c) A good man.
(d) A good friend.
11. What does Petey leave the house without doing that leaves Meg aghast in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Drinking his tea.
(b) Reading his paper.
(c) Cleaning his dish.
(d) Kissing her goodbye.
12. Whose name makes Stanley react with concern in Act 1, Part 2?
13. What does Meg brag to Goldberg and McCann about regarding Stanley?
(a) His smarts.
(b) His piano playing.
(c) His singing.
(d) His looks.
14. What does McCann say Stanley is, which is odd for someone on their birthday?
15. What does Meg come into the scene carrying in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A box.
(b) Her shopping.
(c) An umbrella.
(d) A flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete this sentence by Goldberg: "I mean naturally they ________ me to take care of it."
2. Why does Meg become excited in regards to her new tenants in Act 1, Part 2?
3. Who does Goldberg tell Meg he had previously spoke with when they first meet?
4. What do Stanley and Petey discuss when Stanley first comes downstairs?
5. What does Goldberg say is essential for a man to do in Act 1, Part 2?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)