|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to leave after being introduced to the two gentlemen in Act 2, Part 1?
2. What does Stanley tell McCann about Meg to explain her celebrating his birthday early?
(a) She is nice.
(b) She is crazy.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is silly.
3. What does Stanley complain about after coming down the stairs in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) He didn't sleep well.
(b) His room is dirty.
(c) The tenants are too noisy.
(d) He's hungry.
4. What does Stanley tell Meg he is considering accepting a contract for?
(a) For a new job.
(b) Go on a world tour.
(c) For an adoption.
(d) To kill someone.
5. What does Goldberg tell McCann is quite different in regards to their job in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) The main issue.
(b) The plan.
(c) The scheme.
(d) Their role.
6. What does McCann show gratitude to Goldberg for in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) His niceness.
(b) His support.
(c) His hospitality.
(d) His sincerity.
7. What does McCann say is the only reason he is nervous in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) He feels sick.
(b) He likes the guy.
(c) He wants to be finished.
(d) He's waiting to start.
8. What is the name of the town Stanley says he used to live?
9. What does Meg do up the stairs before going to get Stanley in Act 1, Part 1?
10. Who comes in the room during McCann and Stanley conversation in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Goldberg and Petey.
(b) Lulu and Meg.
(c) Petey and Meg.
(d) Lulu and Goldberg.
11. What is Stanley invited to by the person who brings in the parcel?
(a) To a restaurant.
(b) To a picnic.
(c) To a bar.
(d) On a date.
12. What does McCann whistle in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) A hymn.
(b) An opera.
(c) An Irish folk song.
(d) A nursery rhyme.
13. What does McCann repeatedly and nervously ask Goldberg regarding the boardinghouse at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) If this was the right place.
(b) If they had to go in.
(c) If they had the right person.
(d) If they were in the right city.
14. What reason does Stanley give for being anxious in regards to the new tenants in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) He doesn't know why they chose that boardinghouse.
(b) He doesn't trust them.
(c) He knew them back in Ireland.
(d) He doesn't want a crowd.
15. What does Meg come into the scene carrying in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Her shopping.
(b) A box.
(c) An umbrella.
(d) A flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does McCann sit at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
2. What subject do Stanley and McCann discuss in Act 2, Part 1?
3. In Act 2, Part 1, what does Stanley tell McCann he would be doing soon?
4. Where does Stanley put his gift from Meg after opening it?
5. What does Stanley complain about in regards to his breakfast?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)