|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does McCann repeatedly and nervously ask Goldberg regarding the boardinghouse at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) If they had to go in.
(b) If this was the right place.
(c) If they had the right person.
(d) If they were in the right city.
2. What is the piece from the paper Petey reads aloud in Act 1, Part 1 regarding?
(a) The classifieds.
(b) A comic.
(c) A birth announcement.
(d) The horoscopes.
3. What do Stanley and Petey discuss when Stanley first comes downstairs?
(b) The weather.
(d) The paper.
4. What type of room does Meg say she has for the men coming to stay in their boardinghouse?
5. What subject do Stanley and McCann discuss in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Their jobs.
(b) Their family.
(c) The weather.
(d) Their children.
6. How does Stanley describe his second course of breakfast to Meg?
7. Who are the first people to appear in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Meg and Lulu.
(b) Stanley and Petey.
(c) McCann and Goldberg.
(d) Petey and Lulu.
8. Where does Meg tell Stanley that Petey met the men coming to the boardinghouse in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) The beach.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A bar.
(d) On the street.
9. What sounds does Petey hear when Meg goes upstairs to retrieve Stanley in Act 1, Part 1?
10. What does Stanley go into the kitchen to do at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
(d) Wash and shave.
11. What is the name of the person who brings in the parcel at the end of the first part?
12. What time does Goldberg say the party will start?
(a) 7 o'clock.
(b) 10 o'clock.
(c) 8 o'clock.
(d) 9 o'clock.
13. What does Meg brag to Goldberg and McCann about regarding Stanley?
(a) His smarts.
(b) His piano playing.
(c) His singing.
(d) His looks.
14. Which of the following complaints does Stanley not make to Meg in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) She shouldn't have come up to his room.
(b) She's too nosy.
(c) His tea is too strong.
(d) She shouldn't clean while he eats.
15. What does McCann whistle in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) A nursery rhyme.
(b) An opera.
(c) An Irish folk song.
(d) A hymn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stanley suddenly grab McCann's arm in Act 2, Part 1?
2. What does Goldberg tell McCann is quite different in regards to their job in Act 1, Part 2?
3. What does Stanley tell McCann about Meg to explain her celebrating his birthday early?
4. Why does Meg become excited in regards to her new tenants in Act 1, Part 2?
5. Which of the following descriptions were not given to Stanley when he first comes down the stairs?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)