|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Goldberg suggest McCann go out and get at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
2. What does Petey excuse himself to do at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Play chess.
(b) Tend to his garden.
(c) Meet friends.
(d) Play poker.
3. What does Goldberg tell McCann he did specifically for this job?
(a) Bought a suit.
(b) Read a book.
(c) Asked for him.
(d) Got a haircut.
4. What does McCann say is the only reason he is nervous in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) He likes the guy.
(b) He wants to be finished.
(c) He's waiting to start.
(d) He feels sick.
5. What does McCann repeatedly and nervously ask Goldberg regarding the boardinghouse at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) If they were in the right city.
(b) If they had the right person.
(c) If they had to go in.
(d) If this was the right place.
6. What do Stanley and Petey discuss when Stanley first comes downstairs?
(a) The weather.
(c) The paper.
7. What is the relationship between Meg and Petey in the play?
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Husband and wife.
8. What does Goldberg offer to bring to the party?
(b) A gift.
(d) A dress.
9. What kind of cereal does Petey eat a the beginning of the play?
(a) Corn flakes.
(c) Oat bran.
(d) Bran flakes.
10. What sounds does Petey hear when Meg goes upstairs to retrieve Stanley in Act 1, Part 1?
11. Where does Meg tell Stanley that Petey met the men coming to the boardinghouse in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) The beach.
(b) A bar.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) On the street.
12. What does Meg say she assumes Stanley is doing during her conversation with Petey in Act 1, Part 1?
(b) Watching television.
(d) Taking a shower.
13. What does Stanley say two men coming in a van will have to take a person away in?
(a) A wheelbarrow.
(b) A gun.
(c) An appetite.
(d) A shovel.
14. What does Goldberg say he shared with a young woman behind a stadium?
(a) Watched a sunset.
(b) Their love.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A meal.
15. What does McCann show gratitude to Goldberg for in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) His hospitality.
(b) His support.
(c) His niceness.
(d) His sincerity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McCann ask Goldberg in regards to their job near the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
2. Complete this sentence by McCann: "I'm just all right once I ____ what I'm doing."
3. What does Stanley tell McCann about Meg to explain her celebrating his birthday early?
4. Whose name makes Stanley react with concern in Act 1, Part 2?
5. Where does Stanley kiss Meg after she gives him his gift?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)