|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following complaints does Stanley not make to Meg in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) She shouldn't clean while he eats.
(b) She shouldn't have come up to his room.
(c) His tea is too strong.
(d) She's too nosy.
2. What does Goldberg tell McCann is quite different in regards to their job in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) The plan.
(b) The scheme.
(c) Their role.
(d) The main issue.
3. Who does Goldberg tell Meg he had previously spoke with when they first meet?
4. What does McCann say Stanley is, which is odd for someone on their birthday?
5. When does Stanley tell McCann that his birthday really is?
(a) The next week.
(b) The last month.
(c) The next month.
(d) The next day.
6. What does Goldberg tell McCann he did specifically for this job?
(a) Bought a suit.
(b) Got a haircut.
(c) Asked for him.
(d) Read a book.
7. What does Goldberg ask Meg in regards to her other guests?
(a) How much money they have.
(b) For their names.
(c) What their age is.
(d) What job they have.
8. What is Stanley invited to by the person who brings in the parcel?
(a) To a bar.
(b) To a restaurant.
(c) To a picnic.
(d) On a date.
9. Of what descent is McCann in the play?
10. What does Meg brag to Goldberg and McCann about regarding Stanley?
(a) His smarts.
(b) His looks.
(c) His piano playing.
(d) His singing.
11. What religion is Goldberg in the play?
12. What does Meg say she assumes Stanley is doing during her conversation with Petey in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Watching television.
(c) Taking a shower.
13. What does Meg come into the scene carrying in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Her shopping.
(b) A flower.
(c) A box.
(d) An umbrella.
14. In Act 2, Part 1, what does Stanley tell McCann he would be doing soon?
(a) Going to school.
(b) Moving to a new boardinghouse.
(c) Leaving town.
(d) Going on a world tour.
15. What does Goldberg offer to bring to the party?
(a) A dress.
(b) A gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Goldberg say he and Petey were discussing in Act 2, Part 1?
2. What type of room does Meg say she has for the men coming to stay in their boardinghouse?
3. What nickname does Goldberg say him mother called him?
4. Finish this sentence by Goldberg: "For a paper, perhaps, to see how the M.C.C. was getting on _______."
5. Which of the following descriptions were not given to Stanley when he first comes down the stairs?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)