|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stanley say two men coming in a van will have to take a person away in?
(a) A gun.
(b) A shovel.
(c) An appetite.
(d) A wheelbarrow.
2. What interrupts Meg and Stanley's argument in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) A fire.
(b) A visitor.
(c) A knock on the door.
(d) A scream.
3. Who does Meg say she will invite to a party at her house?
4. What country does Stanley tell McCann he has great admiration for?
(d) His family.
5. What is the first character to appear in Act 1, Part 1 carrying?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A dog.
(c) An apple.
(d) A book.
6. What does Meg give Stanley for his second course at breakfast?
(a) Fried bread.
(b) French toast.
7. What does Petey leave the house without doing that leaves Meg aghast in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Reading his paper.
(b) Cleaning his dish.
(c) Drinking his tea.
(d) Kissing her goodbye.
8. What does McCann tell Goldberg he has always been truly?
(a) A good man.
(b) A Christian.
(c) A hard worker.
(d) A good friend.
9. What does Goldberg suggest McCann go out and get at the end of Act 2, Part 1?
10. What kind of cereal does Petey eat a the beginning of the play?
(a) Corn flakes.
(c) Oat bran.
(d) Bran flakes.
11. Why does Meg become excited in regards to her new tenants in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Because they liked their room.
(b) Because they complimented her.
(c) Because they are good looking.
(d) Because they brought her a gift.
12. What noise is heard offstage at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(b) Indistinct conversation.
13. What does Meg brag to Goldberg and McCann about regarding Stanley?
(a) His looks.
(b) His piano playing.
(c) His smarts.
(d) His singing.
14. Which of the following descriptions were not given to Stanley when he first comes down the stairs?
(a) Wearing glasses.
(b) In his pajamas.
15. What does Goldberg say is essential for a man to do in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Be rich.
(b) Be in love.
(c) Stay in control.
(d) Be good at your job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Meg tell Stanley that Petey met the men coming to the boardinghouse in Act 1, Part 1?
2. What does Stanley tell Meg happened that prevented him from performing at a theater once?
3. What does Petey tell Meg is new and coming soon to their area in Act 1, Part 1?
4. Who comes in the room during McCann and Stanley conversation in Act 2, Part 1?
5. What religion is Goldberg in the play?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)