|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does McCann repeatedly and nervously ask Goldberg regarding the boardinghouse at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) If they had the right person.
(b) If this was the right place.
(c) If they were in the right city.
(d) If they had to go in.
2. Which of the following descriptions were not given to Stanley when he first comes down the stairs?
(a) Wearing glasses.
(c) In his pajamas.
3. What noise is heard offstage at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(b) Indistinct conversation.
4. What does Goldberg offer to bring to the party?
(c) A gift.
(d) A dress.
5. What country does Stanley tell McCann he has great admiration for?
(b) His family.
6. What does Meg come into the scene carrying in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A flower.
(b) Her shopping.
(c) An umbrella.
(d) A box.
7. What religion is Goldberg in the play?
8. Who does Goldberg say he and Petey were discussing in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Goldberg's mother.
(b) Goldberg's wife.
9. What does Stanley tell Meg he is considering accepting a contract for?
(a) For a new job.
(b) To kill someone.
(c) Go on a world tour.
(d) For an adoption.
10. What does McCann whistle in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) A hymn.
(b) An opera.
(c) An Irish folk song.
(d) A nursery rhyme.
11. Why does Meg become excited in regards to her new tenants in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Because they brought her a gift.
(b) Because they liked their room.
(c) Because they complimented her.
(d) Because they are good looking.
12. Who comes in the room during McCann and Stanley conversation in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Lulu and Goldberg.
(b) Lulu and Meg.
(c) Petey and Meg.
(d) Goldberg and Petey.
13. What is Stanley invited to by the person who brings in the parcel?
(a) To a picnic.
(b) To a restaurant.
(c) To a bar.
(d) On a date.
14. What does Goldberg tell McCann is quite different in regards to their job in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) The main issue.
(b) Their role.
(c) The plan.
(d) The scheme.
15. What does Meg give Stanley for his second course at breakfast?
(b) French toast.
(c) Fried bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meg give Stanley as a gift?
2. When does Stanley tell McCann that his birthday really is?
3. How many men does Petey tell Meg he encountered that may be boarding with them?
4. What is the name of the town Stanley says he used to live?
5. What does McCann say Goldberg's real name is?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)