|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Francoise?
(a) Elizabeth's mother.
(b) Elizabeth's housekeeper.
(c) Robert's wife.
(d) Chloe's sister.
2. Stephen sometimes loves his men for their __________________, but sometimes feels contempt for them.
3. Who is Elizabeth's married boyfriend?
4. What is the name of the man in #113?
5. What does Jeanne tell Stephen about Isabelle?
(a) She is terminally ill.
(b) She has three children.
(c) She has remarried.
(d) She is living in Amiens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen's new office job entail during the war?
2. What does Isabelle NOT tell Stephen about?
3. What skill does Stephen have that is needed by the brigade staff?
4. What is Elizabeth's New Year's resolution?
5. What does Elizabeth know about Robert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Isabelle is in love with Max, but in what way does her love for Stephen exist?
2. What is Weir's response when Stephen asks him why he is so anxious to survive?
3. What shocks Jeanne about Stephen's appearance when he visit her during his leave?
4. What mixed feelings does Stephen have for his men and himself?
5. How does Jeanne make Stephen feel when he visits her?
6. Why does Elizabeth focus her family history search on World War I?
7. What promise does Stephen make to Jack before he dies in the tunnel?
8. What is Stephen's state of mind after Weir's death and what does Jeanne encourage him to do?
9. Why is Elizabeth unable to read her grandfather's notebooks found in her mother's attic?
10. What accounts for Stephen's indifference when he returns to the Front in 1918 France?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)