|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Isabelle tells Stephen about meeting and falling in love with a _____________________.
(a) German soldier.
(b) French sailor.
(c) Local baker.
(d) University professor.
2. What does Robert remove from his flat before Elizabeth arrives?
(a) Dirty dishes.
(b) Dirty clothes.
(c) Beer bottles.
(d) Items belonging to his family.
3. Which of the following does Elizabeth NOT find in the trunk in her mother's attic?
(c) Hip flask.
4. How does Jeanne make Stephen feel?
5. What shocks Stephen about Isabelle's appearance?
(a) Her head is nearly bald.
(b) She has a very bad limp.
(c) She is missing some fingers.
(d) Her face is badly scarred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen buy from a rude salesman in Norfolk?
2. What does Stephen tell Jeanne about in a letter?
3. Where does Elizabeth's mother live?
4. What shocks Jeanne about Stephen's appearance?
5. What does Isabelle do after Stephen leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jeanne tell Stephen about Isabelle since the time she left Stephen?
2. What shocks Jeanne about Stephen's appearance when he visit her during his leave?
3. How does Elizabeth's life parallel Stephen's life regarding love?
4. What unusual relationship develops between Stephen and Levi?
5. What does Stephen do on his leave in England?
6. What shocks Stephen about Isabelle's appearance and what secret does she withhold from him?
7. What are the circumstances that have Stephen and Jack trapped in a tunnel?
8. What does Elizabeth learn about Stephen from his diary after Bob has cracked the code?
9. Why does Jeanne hope to help Stephen who admits that he has lost reality?
10. What is Weir's response when Stephen asks him why he is so anxious to survive?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)