|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Stephen returned in Section 13?
(d) The Front.
2. How many men die in the tunnel explosion?
3. What does Elizabeth do at the arch in Albert?
(a) Places flowers on graves.
(c) Takes photographs.
4. Which of the following does Elizabeth NOT find in the trunk in her mother's attic?
(d) Hip flask.
5. What is the only thing the person Elizabeth contacted can say about Stephen?
(a) He was very loyal.
(b) He was the most courageous of all of the men.
(c) Everyone thought he was mad.
(d) He was always telling jokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeanne tell Stephen about Isabelle?
2. What does Stephen recall about the last time he and Weir were together?
3. What does Robert answer Elizabeth when she asks him about when he will marry her?
4. Which of the following is NOT something revealed in one of Stephen's notebooks?
5. How long has it been since Elizabeth gave Bob the diary and he has had no progress with it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Weir's response when Stephen asks him why he is so anxious to survive?
2. What promise does Stephen make to Jack before he dies in the tunnel?
3. What does Stephen do on his leave in England?
4. How is Elizabeth unlike her grandmother regarding her pregnancy?
5. How does Elizabeth's life parallel Stephen's life regarding love?
6. What mixed feelings does Stephen have for his men and himself?
7. What are the circumstances that have Stephen and Jack trapped in a tunnel?
8. What shocks Stephen about Isabelle's appearance and what secret does she withhold from him?
9. Why does Jeanne hope to help Stephen who admits that he has lost reality?
10. How does Stephen behave with Jeanne that shows he still loves Isabelle and that the war has affected his mental state?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)