|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Stephen write daily?
(b) His father.
2. Who is Elizabeth's grandfather?
3. Part of Stephen's job is to write letters to __________________________.
(a) Newspaper offices.
(b) Supply centers.
(c) The local governments.
(d) Relatives about dead soldiers.
4. Why does Stephen return to France early?
(a) So he can clean his gun.
(b) So he can meet with Weir.
(c) So he can visit Jeanne.
(d) So he can get new equipment.
5. Where does Stephen visit Jeanne?
6. What skill does Stephen have that is needed by the brigade staff?
(a) His training skills.
(b) His negotiating skills.
(c) His strategic mind.
(d) His fluency in French.
7. Stephen's men have become ___________________.
8. Isabelle tells Stephen about meeting and falling in love with a _____________________.
(a) Local baker.
(b) German soldier.
(c) University professor.
(d) French sailor.
9. How many of Weir's men are buried in the tunnel explosion?
10. Who dies in the aftermath of the tunnel explosion?
11. Weir tells Stephen that ___________________ is all he has.
(a) His wife.
(b) His religion.
(c) His money.
(d) His life.
12. What is the name of the man in #113?
13. What does Jeanne admit to Stephen?
(a) She loves him.
(b) He has a daughter.
(c) Isabelle has died.
(d) Isabelle loves him.
14. How does Gray feel about Stephen's indifference?
15. What does Jeanne tell Stephen about Isabelle?
(a) She has three children.
(b) She is living in Amiens.
(c) She is terminally ill.
(d) She has remarried.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the content of the letter Stephen receives from Jeanne?
2. What happens to Jack in the tunnel explosion?
3. Stephen's indifference stems from too much __________________.
4. Who is the German solider who leads two men into Stephen's tunnel?
5. What does Robert answer Elizabeth when she asks him about when he will marry her?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)