|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeanne admit to Stephen?
(a) Isabelle has died.
(b) He has a daughter.
(c) Isabelle loves him.
(d) She loves him.
2. What happens to Jack in the tunnel explosion?
(a) He suffers a head wound.
(b) He loses a leg.
(c) His hand is blown off.
(d) His legs are broken.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the men working in a tunnel with Stephen?
4. What does Elizabeth ask her co-workers, Irene and Erich?
(a) If they know anything about World War I.
(b) Where they think she should buy a house.
(c) If they want to go out after work.
(d) If they want to go to the opera with her.
5. Stephen's indifference stems from too much __________________.
6. How does Weir die?
(a) He drowns.
(b) He receives a bayonet injury.
(c) He is blown up by a grenade.
(d) A sniper shoots him in the head.
7. How does Stephen pass the night and next day awaiting his meeting with Jeanne?
8. What does the person in #135 tell Elizabeth about Stephen?
(a) He was very generous.
(b) He was a coward.
(c) He was a prankster.
(d) He was very self-contained.
9. What shocks Stephen about Isabelle's appearance?
(a) She has a very bad limp.
(b) Her head is nearly bald.
(c) She is missing some fingers.
(d) Her face is badly scarred.
10. What does Elizabeth know about Robert?
(a) He will never leave his wife.
(b) He is a genius.
(c) He is very ill.
(d) He is cowardly.
11. Who is Elizabeth's grandfather?
12. How does Jeanne make Stephen feel?
13. Who is Elizabeth's married boyfriend?
14. What shocks Jeanne about Stephen's appearance?
(a) His gray hair and vacant eyes.
(b) He is practically gaunt.
(c) His very obvious limp.
(d) The scars on his face.
15. Stephen's men have become ___________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Francoise call Elizabeth on a Saturday afternoon?
2. Weir's company digs a shallow tunnel to listen for _____________________.
3. How many men die in the tunnel explosion?
4. What words of encouragement does Jeanne offer to Stephen?
5. What is the content of the letter Stephen receives from Jeanne?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)