|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephen find out about Weir?
(a) He is divorced.
(b) He went to Harvard.
(c) He comes from a wealthy family.
(d) He is still a virgin.
2. Stephen says his men do not respect him because _________________.
(a) He despises them.
(b) He abandons them on the battlefield.
(c) He doesn't get the supplies they need.
(d) He is not a good leader.
3. Stephen had stayed in St.-Remy for how long after Isabelle left?
(a) A year.
(b) A month.
(c) Three years.
(d) Two weeks.
4. What is Fritz?
(a) A game.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A cocktail.
(d) A bomb.
5. Why does Stephen hate the prostitute?
(a) She steals his wallet.
(b) She reminds him of Isabelle.
(c) She charges too much.
(d) She is too drunk.
6. What does Jack's wife tell him about their son in a letter?
(a) He got straight A's this term.
(b) He is in the hospital with a fever.
(c) He broke his leg falling out of a tree.
(d) He has joined the Boy Scouts.
7. Isabelle thinks that she should feel __________________ about sleeping with Stephen.
8. What does Stephen do every evening in his room?
(a) Write in a notebook.
(b) Write letters.
9. What is Jack's last name?
10. Who is on strike at Azarie's factory?
(a) The salesmen.
(b) The cutters.
(c) The stringers.
(d) The dyers.
11. What is the content of Margaret's letter to Jack?
(a) Their son has died.
(b) His mother is very ill.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) Their daughter has been born.
12. What nationality is Stephen?
13. What does Stephen insist that Isabelle do?
(a) Love him forever.
(b) Learn a craft.
(c) Study English literature.
(d) Go away with him.
14. How is Stephen wounded?
(a) His gun goes off by accident.
(b) He falls on a grenade.
(c) The enemy attacks in the tunnel.
(d) He is hit by friendly fire.
15. Mme. Azaire can be described as __________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sisters did Isabelle have?
2. What information does Isabelle withhold from Stephen?
3. Azaire accuses Isabelle of having an affair with whom?
4. What does Stephen talk about when Weir asks him to talk about anything other than the war?
5. What does Mme. Azaire bring to the dyers families?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)