|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: France 1917, Part 4, pages 311-338.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephen tell Isabelle about Lisette?
(a) Her advances toward him.
(b) Her illness.
(c) Her travel plans.
(d) Her business plans.
2. Stephen admits he does not love his men because _________________________.
(a) He does not value his own life.
(b) He does not want to get involved.
(c) He wants to return home with no attachments.
(d) He is incapable of loving anyone.
3. Why does Stephen hate the prostitute?
(a) She reminds him of Isabelle.
(b) She is too drunk.
(c) She steals his wallet.
(d) She charges too much.
4. Why is Azaire happy when he comes home from work?
(a) Isabelle has made his favorite meal.
(b) His company has made a huge profit.
(c) The strike is over.
(d) Isabelle is pregnant.
5. What does Stephen recall when he visits Amiens?
(a) A Christmas holiday with friends.
(b) His university years.
(c) His boyhood days.
(d) The time he spent with the Azaires.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mme. Azaire can be described as __________________.
2. Where does Weir suspect that Stephen is taking him when they go to the village one night?
3. Where do Isabelle and Stephen make love for the first time?
4. Where does Stephen take Weir to pay for a prostitute?
5. What does Jeanne tell Stephen about Isabelle?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)