|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: France 1917, Part 4, pages 311-338.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lie does Isabelle tell her husband when he asks about her day?
(a) She went biking with Jeanne.
(b) She made plum jam.
(c) She was in bed with a migraine.
(d) She ran her usual errands in town.
2. On the boat, Isabelle's foot rests against ____________________.
(a) A rope.
(b) Stephen's calf.
(c) A paddle.
(d) Stephen's foot.
3. Stephen says his men do not respect him because _________________.
(a) He despises them.
(b) He is not a good leader.
(c) He doesn't get the supplies they need.
(d) He abandons them on the battlefield.
4. What is the content of the letter Stephen receives from Jeanne?
(a) Jeanne asks him to dinner.
(b) Isabelle is distraught at having seen him.
(c) Isabelle has gone to Munich.
(d) Isabelle would like him to visit again.
5. What is the content of Margaret's letter to Jack?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) Their daughter has been born.
(c) His mother is very ill.
(d) Their son has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen dream of when he rests after the boat outing?
2. What does Stephen recall when he visits Amiens?
3. What does Colonel Gray advise Stephen to do?
4. What does Isabelle trust Stephen to do?
5. What does Jack's wife tell him about their son in a letter?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)