|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: France 1917, Part 4, pages 311-338.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabelle NOT tell Stephen about?
(a) Her new job.
(b) Their child.
(c) Her divorce.
(d) Her nervous breakdown.
2. After Stephen recovers, Captain Gray tells him that he will be getting an office job at _______________.
3. Who is Jack's wife?
4. What does Gray tell Stephen to do in the event of Gray's death?
(a) Take charge of the men.
(b) Keep his personal effects.
(c) Bury him near a tree.
(d) Write to his wife.
5. What does Stephen recall when he visits Amiens?
(a) His university years.
(b) A Christmas holiday with friends.
(c) The time he spent with the Azaires.
(d) His boyhood days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the prostitute forgive Stephen for hurting her?
2. What does Isabelle tell Azaire about Stephen?
3. What lie does Isabelle tell the Berards about how she spent her afternoon?
4. How does Stephen pass the night and next day awaiting his meeting with Jeanne?
5. What does Stephen do to the prostitute in anger?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)