|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: France 1918, Part 6, pages 407-415.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mme. Azarie show Stephen how to do in the garden?
(a) Harvest lettuce.
(b) Prune rose bushes.
(c) Transplant seedlings.
(d) Identify herbs.
2. On night patrol, Stephen's body tenses with hatred as he listens to sounds of _________________.
(a) His men arguing.
(b) Bar music.
(d) German housekeeping.
3. Stephen's company rests three days in _______________ when they are relieved at the front.
4. Stephen sometimes loves his men for their __________________, but sometimes feels contempt for them.
5. Why does Stephen decide not to return to England?
(a) He thinks the weather is bad for travel.
(b) He has not learned everything at the factory.
(c) He is infatuated with Isabelle.
(d) He wants to extend his holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Captain Weir's first name?
2. How old was Isabelle when she met Jean Destournel?
3. Isabelle tells Stephen about meeting and falling in love with a _____________________.
4. What does Robert remove from his flat before Elizabeth arrives?
5. What lie does Isabelle tell the Berards about how she spent her afternoon?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)