|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: France 1916, Part 2, pages 117-133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is on strike at Azarie's factory?
(a) The cutters.
(b) The salesmen.
(c) The stringers.
(d) The dyers.
2. Isabelle tells Stephen that Azaire hits her ___________________.
(a) Because she is impudent.
(b) Because he does not want to be married.
(c) To get sexually excited.
(d) To feel better about himself.
3. What do most of the men do when they are on break from the mining?
(a) Write letters.
4. On the boat, Isabelle's foot rests against ____________________.
(a) A paddle.
(b) Stephen's calf.
(c) A rope.
(d) Stephen's foot.
5. On what street is Isabelle's house located?
(a) Boulevard du Maire.
(b) Boulevard du Aguillion.
(c) Boulevard du Basque.
(d) Boulevard du Cange.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Isabelle and Stephen make love for the first time?
2. What was Jean Destournel's profession?
3. What does Isabelle trust Stephen to do?
4. What does Stephen do every evening in his room?
5. What does Stephen NOT tell Isabelle?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)