Section 1: France 1910, Part 1, pages 3-31
1. What is Stephen's last name?
2. At dinner, Mr. Azaire asks Stephen what he knows about ________________.
3. Which family visits the Azaires after dinner?
(a) The Boulangers.
(b) The Bondes.
(c) The Berards.
(d) The Beaulieus.
4. Mme. Azaire can be described as __________________.
5. What does Stephen do every evening in his room?
(a) Write letters.
(b) Write in a notebook.
6. Where does Mr. Azaire take Stephen the next morning?
(a) A tour of the factory.
(b) A church.
(c) A hiking outing.
(d) A cafe for breakfast.
7. What nationality is Stephen?
8. Who is on strike at Azarie's factory?
(a) The dyers.
(b) The salesmen.
(c) The cutters.
(d) The stringers.
9. What is Isabelle's last name?
10. What does Mme. Azarie show Stephen how to do in the garden?
(a) Transplant seedlings.
(b) Prune rose bushes.
(c) Identify herbs.
(d) Harvest lettuce.
11. Who is Lucien Lebrun?
(a) A priest.
(b) The man behind the dyers' strike.
(c) A textile merchant.
(d) A cheese shop owner.
This section contains 3,761 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)