|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gerald asked if he could touch Pavlo, what was the gypsy's reply?
(a) "You'd better not, he will cry."
(b) "He wouldn't even hurt a bandit who was robbing him of his food."
(c) "Sure, but do it slowly."
(d) "No, that is not a good idea."
2. What did the Countess and Demetrios serve for the main course of the meal?
(b) Wild boar.
(d) Shrimp scampi.
3. At what time did Donald and Max arrive at the Durrell home?
(a) Two o'clock in the morning.
(c) Two o'clock in the afternoon.
(d) Eight o'clock at night.
4. What happened during the seance that startled Prue and made her scream?
(a) A cat jumped in her lap.
(b) Margo squeezed her hand too tightly.
(c) She heard Mawake's voice.
(d) A bug ran down the back of her dress.
5. Where did Mother and Gerald stay when they arrived to see Margo?
(a) At a bed and breakfast.
(b) At the Balaklave Mansions.
(c) At a fancy hotel.
(d) Wtih Fan and Prue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new health problem beset Margo after Leslie's court case?
2. What was the other part of the gypsy's act?
3. What was Pavlo's special talent?
4. Who found the baby hedgehogs and called for Gerald to come see them?
5. Why was Gerald excited to receive the Countess's invitation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sound woke Larry in the middle of the night that caused him to wake the rest of the family? What did Gerald tell them all that explained things? What had caused the noise?
2. What happened to Mother, Larry and the rest of the crew on the yacht ride with Mother? How did Mother react to the event? What was in the letter Captain Creech sent Mother after his departure and how did Mother respond to it?
3. Who arrived at the house in the middle of the night? Where did they come from and why did they come to the villa? How did the family react to their arrival?
4. What did Gerald observe about the women and the machinery of pressing olives?
5. What kinds of food and drink did Gerald's luncheon with the Countess consist of? How did Gerald feel as he left the Countess' villa to go home?
6. Who did Gerald and his mother find sitting on their front porch the afternoon they returned from their excursion into the olive groves? Where did this person come from and why? How did Mother get along with this new guest?
7. What was the Talking Head? How did it work?
8. How did Mother respond to meeting Mawake and Mrs. Haddock? How was this reaction unusual for Mother? What was the conclusion of the meeting?
9. Who was the Countess Mavrodaki? Why did she contact Gerald? What was Larry's reaction to her letter to Gerald?
10. Where did Margo go for treatment for her acne and weight gain? With whom did she stay? Was the treatment successful?
This section contains 1,314 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)