|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Gerald on his way to the Countess's house for their meeting?
(a) He tripped on a rock and fell into a mud puddle.
(b) He got lost and could not find his way to the house.
(c) He met a man on the road who told him about the owl.
(d) He fell off of his donkey into a mud puddle.
2. What was Max doing in the kitchen when Margo walked in?
(a) Going through the kitchen drawers.
(b) Setting fire to a five pound note.
(c) Climbing out of the kitchen window.
(d) Making a pot of coffee.
3. What treat did the owner of the press cook over an open flame for himself and Gerald?
(a) French toast.
(d) Caramel corn.
4. What did Mother call Mrs. Haddock before leaving the seance?
5. How did Captain Creech injure his face?
(a) He was attacked by a lion.
(b) He was in a car accident.
(c) He was hurt on a wind jammer.
(d) He was hurt in a bar fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Fan talking about when the group returned to their hotel rooms after the seance?
2. What new health problem beset Margo after Leslie's court case?
3. In what room did the Countess and Gerald eat their meal?
4. What did Mother go into the kitchen to make for Captain Creech to have with tea?
5. Who were Itch and Scratch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Margo go for treatment for her acne and weight gain? With whom did she stay? Was the treatment successful?
2. Who arrived at the house in the middle of the night? Where did they come from and why did they come to the villa? How did the family react to their arrival?
3. Who was Mawake? What was unusual about Mawake?
4. Who did Gerald entrust to care for his baby hedgehogs while he was gone for the weekend with his mother? What condition were they in when he returned?
5. Who did Gerald meet one day during one of his excursions into the crepe myrtles? What unusual creature did this person have?
6. What misadventure did Gerald have on his way to meet Countess Mavrodaki? How did he feel when he arrived at her house? What was her response to his misadventure on the way over?
7. What happened to Mother, Larry and the rest of the crew on the yacht ride with Mother? How did Mother react to the event? What was in the letter Captain Creech sent Mother after his departure and how did Mother respond to it?
8. Who was Papa Demetrios? How did Gerald and Papa Demetrios know each other? What story did he tell Gerald about a fellow villager, Andreas Papoyakis?
9. What kinds of food and drink did Gerald's luncheon with the Countess consist of? How did Gerald feel as he left the Countess' villa to go home?
10. What happened when Gerald arrived home after his visit with Pavlo and the gypsy?
This section contains 1,281 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)