|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Larry think was making all the commotion in the attic in the middle of the night?
2. What did Gerald wear to his visit with the Countess?
(a) His new camouflage pants and a tee shirt.
(b) His best clothes and a new pair of sandals.
(c) A pair of jeans and a shirt and tie.
(d) A new suit and newly shined shoes.
3. What was Fan talking about when the group returned to their hotel rooms after the seance?
(a) The food.
(b) The seance.
(c) The weather.
(d) The puppies.
4. What name does the Countess tell Gerald to call her during their visit?
5. What was Max doing in the kitchen when Margo walked in?
(a) Setting fire to a five pound note.
(b) Making a pot of coffee.
(c) Climbing out of the kitchen window.
(d) Going through the kitchen drawers.
6. Who are Fan and Prudence?
(a) Mother's cousin and her mother.
(b) Mother's sisters.
(c) Mother's best friends.
(d) Mother's sister and neice.
7. How did Donald and Max get home after their visit to the Durrell's home?
(a) The cab driver offered to take them home.
(b) They walked to the rode and hitched a ride.
(c) They stole the cab parked out front of the villa.
(d) They called for a cab to pick them up.
8. What did Mother call Mrs. Haddock before leaving the seance?
9. Why did Margo and Larry implore Donald and Max to be quiet?
(a) Mother might awaken and call the police.
(b) The neighbors might awaken and call the police.
(c) Mother was sick and sleeping.
(d) Gerald was asleep.
10. Who attended the seance with Mrs. Haddock?
(a) Mother, Fan, Prue, and Margo.
(b) Mother, Fan, Margo, and Gerald.
(c) Mother, Margo, Prue, and Gerald.
(d) Mother, Fan, Prue, and Gerald.
11. Where was Margo when Mother and Gerald arrived to see her?
(a) At a spiritualist meeting.
(b) At the grocery store.
(c) At a Weight Watchers meeting.
(d) At a revivalist meeting.
12. Who found the baby hedgehogs and called for Gerald to come see them?
(a) A friend of Larry's.
(b) The next door neighbor.
(c) A friend of the family's.
(d) An old woman working in a nearby field.
13. What treat did the owner of the press cook over an open flame for himself and Gerald?
(b) Caramel corn.
(d) French toast.
14. What did Fan and Prue explain to Mother and Gerald they were breeding for profit?
(a) Collie puppies.
(b) Daschund puppies.
(c) Dalmation puppies.
(d) Bedlington puppies.
15. What did Larry say over and over again upon seeing Gerald and the bear?
(a) He was too frightened of bears to have one in the house.
(b) He was allergic to bears.
(c) He aksed if he could touch it.
(d) He refused to allow Gerald to have a pet bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mother and Gerald stay when they arrived to see Margo?
2. Who owned the olive press?
3. What reason did Donald give for coming to see Larry?
4. How did Gerald's family react when he walked into the drawing room the afternoon he had met the gypsy?
5. While Roger and Gerald were watching a red fox cub, what did they see the cub find?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)