|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the presentation of the donkey, what did Margo keep talking about?
(a) The mess in the hallway.
(b) Her spoiled decorations.
(c) Her ruined dress.
(d) The ruined surprise.
2. Where was Mouse Island?
(a) About a mile off of Corfu.
(b) A short swim from the villa.
(c) A day's drive down the shore.
(d) About a quarter mile from the bay.
3. Whose wedding did Gerald and his family attend?
4. What did Roger do on his excursions with Gerald to the bay?
(a) He chased after hummingbirds.
(b) He caught small fish in the shallow water.
(c) He laid in the sun napping.
(d) He swam across the bay.
5. Why did Gerald's mother object to getting him a donkey?
(a) They were too expensive and there were no available babies.
(b) They were not available to out-of-towners.
(c) They were too expensive and required too much upkeep.
(d) They were too large and needed too much care.
6. The day before his birthday, what did Gerald notice about his family?
(a) They were all in bad moods.
(b) They are all making fun of him.
(c) They were all ignoring him.
(d) They were all behaving in a more eccentric manner.
7. What did Kokino call his unusual fishing method for catching cuddlefish?
(a) "Dive and catch."
(b) "Fishing with love."
(d) "Fishing with spears."
8. Who was Spiro?
(a) The pilot who flew them over to Corfu.
(b) The family's relative in Corfu.
(c) The family's first friend on the island.
(d) The family's landlord.
9. What is the narrator's name, and how old is he?
(a) Jerry Dunham, who is twelve years-old.
(b) Gerald Dickens, who is fifteen years-old.
(c) Jerry Dunne, who is seven years-old.
(d) Gerald Darrell, who is ten years-old.
10. What did Crippenopoulos accuse Roger of doing?
(a) Destroying his chicken coop.
(b) Stealing his turkeys.
(c) Eating five of his turkeys.
(d) Killing his cat.
11. What unusual thing did Gerald learn about seahorses once the babies were born?
(a) The father ate some of the eggs during the gestation period.
(b) The mother carried the eggs in her brood-pouch.
(c) The eggs floated in water until they were ready to hatch.
(d) The father nurtured seahorse eggs in his brood-pouch.
12. What did Gerald do with the soft parts of the turtle after the dissection?
(a) Buried them at the top of the hill behind the villa.
(b) Used them for bait.
(c) Threw them all out to sea.
(d) Gave them to Lucritia to throw away.
13. What are elvers?
(a) Baby birds.
(b) Baby eels.
14. Who sometimes accompanied Gerald on his boating trips around the island?
(a) Oscar and Lucinda.
(c) Widdle, Puke and Roger.
15. How did Gerald find the seahorses?
(a) They were in Kokino's fishing net.
(b) They were sitting on a rock.
(c) They were lying on the beach.
(d) They were floating in the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Leslie send the judge upon Spiro's suggestion?
2. What did Gerald bring with him to go fishing with Taki?
3. What request did Theodore make of Sven Olsen before Sven left the house?
4. What did Theodore give Gerald for his birthday?
5. When did Larry learn all about donkeys?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)