|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Leslie Darrell discover upon settling into the villa?
(a) One was able to purchase an automobile without a license.
(b) One was able to purchase lethal weapons without a permit.
(c) One was able to rent a helicopter without parental permission.
(d) One was able to purchase wine at any age.
2. What request did Theodore make of Sven Olsen before Sven left the house?
(a) To play "Tavern in the Town."
(b) To pay off his rather large bar tab.
(c) To make him a large brimmed hat.
(d) To whittle a totem pole.
3. What is the narrator's name, and how old is he?
(a) Gerald Dickens, who is fifteen years-old.
(b) Jerry Dunham, who is twelve years-old.
(c) Gerald Darrell, who is ten years-old.
(d) Jerry Dunne, who is seven years-old.
4. Which family member bought a book about nature for Gerald as a gift?
5. How did Gerald convince his mother to allow him to go fishing with Taki?
(a) He took an afternoon nap.
(b) He brought along his brother.
(c) He offered to clean the bathrooms.
(d) He promised to bring home dinner.
6. How did the water-spider Gerald caught decide where to build her home?
(a) By walking slowly around the water's edge.
(b) By sitting motionless in a corner.
(c) By walking back and forth repeatedly.
(d) By running back and forth below the surface of the water.
7. Who did Gerald convince to build him a boat?
8. What did Taki say to Gerald as he left the boat at the end of Chapter Two?
(a) "Thanks for coming."
(b) "Hasta manana."
(c) "Pasto calo."
(d) "See you later."
9. What important thing did Larry not know about donkeys that caused him great pain?
(a) Donkeys do not really like carrots.
(b) Always wear boots when riding a donkey.
(c) Do not ever stand behind a donkey and yell.
(d) Donkeys do not have shoes on their hoofs.
10. Where did Theodore suggest he and Gerald go after their picnic lunch?
(a) To their boat and off to the reefs.
(b) Home to get their fishing gear.
(c) To the other side of the lake.
(d) Home for a nap.
11. Who was George?
(a) The narrator's gardener.
(b) The narrator's tutor.
(c) The narrator's dog.
(d) The narrator's father.
12. In what month did the Darrell family arrive in Corfu?
(a) In January.
(b) In June.
(c) In August.
(d) In October.
13. Where were the narrator's family members meeting as the story opens?
(a) In England.
(b) In Ireland.
(c) In Corfu.
(d) In Scotland.
14. What was one of the unusual things Gerald knew about the water-spider?
(a) The male carries the eggs.
(b) The female is twice as large as the male.
(c) The female eats the male.
(d) The male is twice as large as the female.
15. What did Gerald name the donkey?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Gerald's family react to seahorses?
2. What did Larry and Gerald learn about snail eggs?
3. Why was Gerald interested in the villa's garden?
4. From whom did Mother get the donkey she gave to Gerald?
5. What time did Gerald get home after his fishing trip with Taki?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)