|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was George?
(a) The narrator's tutor.
(b) The narrator's gardener.
(c) The narrator's father.
(d) The narrator's dog.
2. How did Larry react to Theodore's information about the snails Gerald had seen?
(a) He was angry.
(b) He was disgusted.
(c) He was bored.
(d) He was jealous.
3. What did Gerald announce to his family at their meeting?
(a) He was graduating from college.
(b) He was getting married.
(c) He was going to write another book.
(d) He was leaving for America.
4. What did Theodore and Gerald snack on after their day of exploration in Chapter Four?
(a) Hot chocolate and cookies.
(b) Hot coffee and cookies.
(c) Hot milk and scones.
(d) Hot tea and scones.
5. What was Fan talking about when the group returned to their hotel rooms after the seance?
(a) The food.
(b) The seance.
(c) The puppies.
(d) The weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sometimes accompanied Gerald on his boating trips around the island?
2. What kinds of things are made with the hawks-bill turtle shell?
3. In what room did the Countess and Gerald eat their meal?
4. About what book did the Darrell family begin speaking during their meeting?
5. What special gift did the owner of the press give to Gerald in return for some of the local gossip?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)