|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mother say to Gerald as they turned off the lights to fall asleep?
(a) "I wish your father were alive and here."
(b) "Good night dear and we will have fun tomrrow."
(c) "I sometimes think I am the only sane member of the family."
(d) "No one listens to each other in this family."
2. Of what did Margo accuse her mother during their conversation with Mrs. Haddock?
(a) Of being narrow-minded and Victorian.
(b) Of being narrow-minded and confused.
(c) Of being rude and vociferous.
(d) Of being prejudiced and rude.
3. What did Gerald name the donkey?
4. How did Captain Creech injure his face?
(a) He was hurt on a wind jammer.
(b) He was attacked by a lion.
(c) He was hurt in a bar fight.
(d) He was in a car accident.
5. What did Gerald receive in the mail at the beginning of winter in Corfu?
(a) A letter from his Aunt Pru.
(b) A letter from the Greek government.
(c) A letter from a naturalist.
(d) A letter from a friend of Dr. Stephanides.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the baby hedgehogs die?
2. What new health problem beset Margo after Leslie's court case?
3. Who attended the seance with Mrs. Haddock?
4. What did Gerald drink throughout his meal with the Countess?
5. What sounds could be heard in the olive press?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)