|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does the Countess tell Gerald to call her during their visit?
2. Who was George?
(a) The narrator's dog.
(b) The narrator's tutor.
(c) The narrator's father.
(d) The narrator's gardener.
3. What did Gerald drink throughout his meal with the Countess?
4. To what did Countess Mavrodaki invite Gerald to be her guest?
(a) For dinner the following Friday,
(b) For dinner the following week.
(c) For lunch the following Friday.
(d) For lunch the following Wednesday.
5. Why was Gerald excited to receive the Countess's invitation?
(a) He was hoping to get her to donate some land for wildlife.
(b) He was interested in the wildlife on the Countess's land.
(c) He was curious about the Countess's collections.
(d) He was to get the owl, and dine with an important person on the island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Theodore give Gerald for his birthday?
2. What did Gerald receive in the mail at the beginning of winter in Corfu?
3. What kind of trees lined the path to Countess Mavrodaki's villa?
4. Where were the narrator's family members meeting as the story opens?
5. What did Taki say to Gerald as he left the boat at the end of Chapter Two?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)