|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mother describe Sven Olsen as he left her home?
(a) As a "manly man."
(b) As a "well read scholar."
(c) As a "snobbish performer."
(d) As a "peculiar sort."
2. How did China-mark moths get their name?
(a) Because their white wings look like fine china.
(b) Because of the marking on their wings that resemble potters' marks.
(c) Because they are as fragile as china.
(d) Because they have a bright red stamp that looks like a china stamp.
3. Who were Widdle and Puke?
(a) Two dogs Gerald was given for his birthday.
(b) Two cats Sven gave Gerald's mother as a gift.
(c) Two spiders Gerald found at the pond.
(d) Two of Larry's drunken friends.
4. How did Taki catch the fish he found lying on the shore?
(a) With his trident.
(b) With his net.
(c) With his hands.
(d) With his knife.
5. What did Gerald bring with him to go fishing with Taki?
(a) A tackle box and a fishing pole.
(b) His net, a long piece of bamboo, eight glass jars, and small boxes.
(c) HIs glass jars, small boxes and a snack.
(d) A snack, a net, and a snorkel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose wedding did Gerald and his family attend?
2. What did Gerald announce to his family at their meeting?
3. Where did Gerald first pay attention to donkeys on the island?
4. What did Roger do on his excursions with Gerald to the bay?
5. Why did Gerald's mother object to getting him a donkey?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)