|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gerald bring with him to go fishing with Taki?
(a) A tackle box and a fishing pole.
(b) A snack, a net, and a snorkel.
(c) His net, a long piece of bamboo, eight glass jars, and small boxes.
(d) HIs glass jars, small boxes and a snack.
2. From whom did Mother get the donkey she gave to Gerald?
(a) From Costas.
(b) From the market place.
(c) From Katarina.
(d) From Theo.
3. Who was Sven Olsen?
(a) A friend of Leslie's who came to visit.
(b) A friend of Margo's from school.
(c) A friend of Larry's who played the accordion.
(d) A friend of Larry's who made straw hats.
4. According to the story, what happened to the woman who would not sell her milk for seventeen coins?
(a) She was turned into a snake.
(b) She was turned into a turtle dove.
(c) She was turned into an owl.
(d) She was turned into a robin.
5. What important thing did Larry not know about donkeys that caused him great pain?
(a) Do not ever stand behind a donkey and yell.
(b) Always wear boots when riding a donkey.
(c) Donkeys do not have shoes on their hoofs.
(d) Donkeys do not really like carrots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time of the year in the beginning of the story when the Darrell family members are meeting?
2. What time did Taki usually begin fishing?
3. What color was the villa into which the Darrell family moved on Corfu?
4. Who were Widdle and Puke?
5. What time did Gerald get home after his fishing trip with Taki?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)