|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the second catch of the fishing expedition for Taki?
(a) A sea horse.
(b) A trout.
(c) A red snapper.
(d) An octopus.
2. Where did Theodore suggest he and Gerald go after their picnic lunch?
(a) To their boat and off to the reefs.
(b) To the other side of the lake.
(c) Home to get their fishing gear.
(d) Home for a nap.
3. Who was Roger?
(a) The narrator's brother.
(b) The narrator's dog.
(c) The narrator's parrot.
(d) The narrator's pony.
4. What did fishermen use to calm the waters around their small boats?
(b) Olive oil.
(c) Wooden oars.
(d) Bamboo poles.
5. Who was Spiro?
(a) The family's relative in Corfu.
(b) The pilot who flew them over to Corfu.
(c) The family's landlord.
(d) The family's first friend on the island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Leslie Darrell discover upon settling into the villa?
2. Where is Corfu?
3. What reason was Gerald given for his mother wanting a bamboo house?
4. What time did Gerald get home after his fishing trip with Taki?
5. What is the time of the year in the beginning of the story when the Darrell family members are meeting?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)