|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was George?
(a) The narrator's gardener.
(b) The narrator's dog.
(c) The narrator's tutor.
(d) The narrator's father.
2. What was one of the unusual things Gerald knew about the water-spider?
(a) The female eats the male.
(b) The male is twice as large as the female.
(c) The female is twice as large as the male.
(d) The male carries the eggs.
3. What did Gerald announce to his family at their meeting?
(a) He was getting married.
(b) He was leaving for America.
(c) He was graduating from college.
(d) He was going to write another book.
4. Where did Theodore suggest he and Gerald go after their picnic lunch?
(a) Home for a nap.
(b) Home to get their fishing gear.
(c) To the other side of the lake.
(d) To their boat and off to the reefs.
5. Who were Widdle and Puke?
(a) Two of Larry's drunken friends.
(b) Two dogs Gerald was given for his birthday.
(c) Two cats Sven gave Gerald's mother as a gift.
(d) Two spiders Gerald found at the pond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Roger do on his excursions with Gerald to the bay?
2. What time did Gerald get home after his fishing trip with Taki?
3. How did the water-spider Gerald caught decide where to build her home?
4. Why was Gerald interested in the villa's garden?
5. About what book did the Darrell family begin speaking during their meeting?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)