|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the narrator's name in Greek?
2. Why was Gerald interested in the villa's garden?
(a) It was a barren plot of land waiting to be planted.
(b) It was planted with parrellel rows of flowers.
(c) It was overrun with vegetation and full of insects.
(d) It was perfectly groomed and filled with flowers.
3. What did Gerald announce to his family at their meeting?
(a) He was going to write another book.
(b) He was getting married.
(c) He was leaving for America.
(d) He was graduating from college.
4. Who was George?
(a) The narrator's father.
(b) The narrator's gardener.
(c) The narrator's dog.
(d) The narrator's tutor.
5. What did Gerald learn from Theodore about the snails he had seen mating?
(a) The snails were from different species.
(b) The snails were not indigious of the region.
(c) The snails were not actually mating.
(d) The snails were both male and female.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day before his birthday, what did Gerald notice about his family?
2. What is the time of the year in the beginning of the story when the Darrell family members are meeting?
3. What did Gerald witness when he arrived at Katarina's house in Chapter Three?
4. What part of the fish Taki caught was poisonous?
5. What was the Greek name for Mouse Island?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)