|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was George?
(a) The narrator's tutor.
(b) The narrator's gardener.
(c) The narrator's father.
(d) The narrator's dog.
2. What part of the fish Taki caught was poisonous?
(a) The spines.
(b) The tail.
(c) The head.
(d) The fins.
3. What color was the villa into which the Darrell family moved on Corfu?
(a) Navel-orange with green shutters.
(b) Crushed-strawberry pink with green shutters.
(c) Alligator green with orange shutters.
(d) Avacado green with yellow shutters.
4. What did Larry and Gerald learn about snail eggs?
(a) They are buried in the damp earth and left there.
(b) They are buried in dry sand and left there.
(c) They are buried in sand and the female sits on the eggs.
(d) They are pushed under a short bush and left there.
5. Where did Gerald first pay attention to donkeys on the island?
(a) At Katarina's wedding.
(b) At the market place.
(c) At Theo's home.
(d) At the seashore town near the villa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Spiro?
2. About what book did the Darrell family begin speaking during their meeting?
3. Where were the narrator's family members meeting as the story opens?
4. What was Benitses?
5. How did Taki catch the fish he found lying on the shore?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)