|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose wedding did Gerald and his family attend?
2. Who was Spiro?
(a) The family's relative in Corfu.
(b) The family's first friend on the island.
(c) The family's landlord.
(d) The pilot who flew them over to Corfu.
3. What did Larry and Gerald learn about snail eggs?
(a) They are pushed under a short bush and left there.
(b) They are buried in the damp earth and left there.
(c) They are buried in dry sand and left there.
(d) They are buried in sand and the female sits on the eggs.
4. When Gerald's mother said "we'll see," what did Gerald know that really meant?
(a) She would never agree to do it.
(b) She would make a decision at the last minute.
(c) She would ask Larry what he thought first.
(d) She would forget about it.
5. About what book did the Darrell family begin speaking during their meeting?
(a) "My Family and Smarter Animals."
(b) "My Family and Other Animals."
(c) "Pets and My Family."
(d) Strange Animals I Have Known."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Corfu?
2. What is the time of the year in the beginning of the story when the Darrell family members are meeting?
3. Where were the myrtle bushes located?
4. Who was Roger?
5. Why did Gerald's mother object to getting him a donkey?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)