|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one of the unusual things Gerald knew about the water-spider?
(a) The female eats the male.
(b) The female is twice as large as the male.
(c) The male is twice as large as the female.
(d) The male carries the eggs.
2. Why was Gerald excited to receive the Countess's invitation?
(a) He was interested in the wildlife on the Countess's land.
(b) He was to get the owl, and dine with an important person on the island.
(c) He was curious about the Countess's collections.
(d) He was hoping to get her to donate some land for wildlife.
3. What did Roger and Gerald witness the morning they were observing two snakes?
(a) A cub attacking the snakes.
(b) A snake mating ritual.
(c) A snake fight.
(d) A mother fox feeding her cub.
4. What is a carrochino?
(a) A cherry.
(b) A baby carrot.
(c) A bus.
(d) A cab.
5. From whom did Mother get the donkey she gave to Gerald?
(a) From the market place.
(b) From Katarina.
(c) From Theo.
(d) From Costas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mother call Mrs. Haddock before leaving the seance?
2. Where was the residue from the grinding kept?
3. What was Benitses?
4. What did Gerald bring with him to go fishing with Taki?
5. How did Gerald find the seahorses?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)