|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the narrator's family members meeting as the story opens?
(a) In England.
(b) In Corfu.
(c) In Scotland.
(d) In Ireland.
2. Why did Margo and Larry implore Donald and Max to be quiet?
(a) Mother might awaken and call the police.
(b) Gerald was asleep.
(c) The neighbors might awaken and call the police.
(d) Mother was sick and sleeping.
3. On one of his solo adventures, where did Gerald find a water-spider he brought home to study?
(a) A return visit to the reefs.
(b) A return visit to the lake without Theodore.
(c) A trek up the hillside.
(d) In the kitchen.
4. When did Larry learn all about donkeys?
(a) When he was in Spain, he rode on ponies.
(b) When he was in India, he rode on ponies.
(c) When he was in Africa, he rode on donkeys.
(d) When he was in Australia, he rode on donkeys.
5. What did Gerald receive in the mail at the beginning of winter in Corfu?
(a) A letter from his Aunt Pru.
(b) A letter from a naturalist.
(c) A letter from the Greek government.
(d) A letter from a friend of Dr. Stephanides.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the residue from the grinding kept?
2. The day before his birthday, what did Gerald notice about his family?
3. What did Roger and Gerald witness the morning they were observing two snakes?
4. How did Gerald find the seahorses?
5. Who were Itch and Scratch?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)