|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Taki catch the fish he found lying on the shore?
(a) With his net.
(b) With his hands.
(c) With his knife.
(d) With his trident.
2. Who was Roger?
(a) The narrator's parrot.
(b) The narrator's dog.
(c) The narrator's pony.
(d) The narrator's brother.
3. What unusual thing did Gerald's spade-footed toad do when shown food?
(a) He would sing for his food.
(b) He would leap out of the aquarium.
(c) He would roll over onto his back.
(d) He was bury himself in a hole with the food.
4. Before Donald and Max leave the Durrells, what were they given to drink?
(a) Warm brandy.
(b) Hot coffee.
(c) Hot tea.
(d) A little wine.
5. What was Benitses?
(a) The name of the bay the narrator enjoyed exploring.
(b) The town in which Taki lived.
(c) The largest coin in the Greek currency.
(d) The city twenty miles from the villa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Taki say to Gerald as he left the boat at the end of Chapter Two?
2. From whom did Mother get the donkey she gave to Gerald?
3. At what time did Donald and Max arrive at the Durrell home?
4. What did Fan and Prue explain to Mother and Gerald they were breeding for profit?
5. Who owned the olive press?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)