|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Gerald's mother object to getting him a donkey?
(a) They were too expensive and required too much upkeep.
(b) They were too expensive and there were no available babies.
(c) They were too large and needed too much care.
(d) They were not available to out-of-towners.
2. Who were Widdle and Puke?
(a) Two spiders Gerald found at the pond.
(b) Two of Larry's drunken friends.
(c) Two cats Sven gave Gerald's mother as a gift.
(d) Two dogs Gerald was given for his birthday.
3. Which family member bought a book about nature for Gerald as a gift?
4. What time did Taki usually begin fishing?
(a) About noon.
(b) About four in the morning.
(c) About five in the afternoon.
(d) About ten o'clock at night.
5. What did Larry tell Gerald to do if he wanted to go faster while riding on his donkey?
(a) Hit her gently with the switch.
(b) Hit her fiercely with the switch.
(c) Kick her in the ribs with his heel.
(d) Pull on her reins and say "Go!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gerald announce to his family at their meeting?
2. What is the narrator's name, and how old is he?
3. What time did Gerald get home after his fishing trip with Taki?
4. Who did Gerald find putting bamboo poles into the ground?
5. On one of his solo adventures, where did Gerald find a water-spider he brought home to study?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)