|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Mouse Island?
(a) A day's drive down the shore.
(b) About a quarter mile from the bay.
(c) A short swim from the villa.
(d) About a mile off of Corfu.
2. How did the water-spider manage to live underwater?
(a) By constructing a home on the side of the container.
(b) By constructing a home atop the water.
(c) By consructing a web suspended above the water.
(d) By constructing a breathing bell at the surface.
3. Who was Sven Olsen?
(a) A friend of Margo's from school.
(b) A friend of Larry's who made straw hats.
(c) A friend of Leslie's who came to visit.
(d) A friend of Larry's who played the accordion.
4. Who was Roger?
(a) The narrator's pony.
(b) The narrator's parrot.
(c) The narrator's brother.
(d) The narrator's dog.
5. What or who is Fabre?
(a) The radiologist who examined skeletal remains.
(b) The naturalist who wrote about insects.
(c) The biologist who studied dung beetles.
(d) The zoologist who was bron in Corfu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did Gerald get home after his fishing trip with Taki?
2. Whose wedding did Gerald and his family attend?
3. What did Gerald learn from Theodore about the snails he had seen mating?
4. What is the narrator's name, and how old is he?
5. How did Taki catch the fish he found lying on the shore?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)