|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Gerald find putting bamboo poles into the ground?
2. What did Mother say to Gerald as they turned off the lights to fall asleep?
(a) "Good night dear and we will have fun tomrrow."
(b) "I sometimes think I am the only sane member of the family."
(c) "No one listens to each other in this family."
(d) "I wish your father were alive and here."
3. Where did the baby hedgehogs live?
(a) In a cardboard box in the attic.
(b) In a cardboard box on the veranda.
(c) In a cardboard box under Gerald's bed.
(d) In a cardboard box on Gerald's balnket.
4. Why did Gerald's mother object to getting him a donkey?
(a) They were too large and needed too much care.
(b) They were too expensive and there were no available babies.
(c) They were too expensive and required too much upkeep.
(d) They were not available to out-of-towners.
5. Why did Captain Creech show up at the Durrell house?
(a) He heard about Gerald's collection of creatures.
(b) He was invited by Theo.
(c) He was invited by Mother.
(d) He was invited by Larrry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offered to take care of the baby hedgehogs while Gerald and his mother were gone for the weekend?
2. During the presentation of the donkey, what did Margo keep talking about?
3. What advice did Prudence give Mother about Margo's behavior?
4. What did Gerald witness when he arrived at Katarina's house in Chapter Three?
5. When did Gerald and his family move to a new villa?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)