Conversations and Chapter One
1. Where were the narrator's family members meeting as the story opens?
(a) In Scotland.
(b) In Corfu.
(c) In England.
(d) In Ireland.
2. What is the narrator's name, and how old is he?
(a) Jerry Dunne, who is seven years-old.
(b) Gerald Darrell, who is ten years-old.
(c) Gerald Dickens, who is fifteen years-old.
(d) Jerry Dunham, who is twelve years-old.
3. What is the time of the year in the beginning of the story when the Darrell family members are meeting?
(a) The summer.
(b) The winter.
(c) The spring.
(d) The fall.
4. Where would Larry Darrell rather have gotten together for the family meeting?
(a) In New York City.
(b) In Greece.
(c) In Spain.
(d) In San Francisco.
5. About what book did the Darrell family begin speaking during their meeting?
(a) Strange Animals I Have Known."
(b) "My Family and Other Animals."
(c) "My Family and Smarter Animals."
(d) "Pets and My Family."
6. What did Gerald announce to his family at their meeting?
(a) He was going to write another book.
(b) He was graduating from college.
(c) He was leaving for America.
(d) He was getting married.
This section contains 5,531 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)