|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the end of Chapter 8, Dr. Mead states that Wysteria may be transported where?
2. In the morning in Chapter 12, Miranda awakens where?
3. What is the name of the family which once owned Bourne Manor?
4. What is the name of the nurse Dr. Mead sends to check on Miranda in Chapter 9?
5. Dr. Mead notes that who seems incapable of love in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Moreland reveal about the history of Bourne Manor and Dr. Mead in Chapter 9?
2. How does Dr. Mead enter the Manor in Chapter 12? What is his objective there?
3. What is Dr. Mead's reaction to the laudanum in Chapter 12? Why?
4. What inner conflicts does Miranda face in Chapter 9?
5. How does Miranda take flight in Chapter 11?
6. How is Chapter 11 a crucial moment in the development of Miranda's character in the novel?
7. What is Miranda's reaction once she is flying in Chapter 11?
8. Where does Miranda awaken in Chapter 12? How does she feel?
9. What does Farley discuss with Miranda on their kite-flying trip in Chapter 10?
10. How did Captain Barrows hope to break the curse of the Manor, according to Dr.Mead in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of longing in the novel. How does Miranda's longing increase in Chapter 6?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characteristics of Miranda and Captain Barrows in the novel. How are they similar? How do they differ?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Miss Moreland and the exposition revealed by her in Chapter 9. What does Miss Moreland relate of Dr. Mead?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)