|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrative voice of the novel?
2. What does Miranda leave the manor to do in Chapter 7?
3. Miranda only takes the chance to do what with her favorite kite in Chapter 4?
4. Wysteria claims that her odd window-locking habit is to prevent what, in Chapter 3?
5. How many rooms are there in Bourne Manor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Miranda encounter along her journey in Chapter 7? What comments are made?
2. What happens when Miranda finds the doctor's office in Chapter 7?
3. How does Miranda's character develop independence in Chapter 3?
4. What does the character Farley do when he first is introduced in Chapter 5? What is Miranda and Wysteria's reaction to the boy?
5. What does Miranda discover upon awakening in Chapter 6?
6. How does Miranda describe her feelings about her education at Bourne Manor in Chapter 2?
7. What breaks Miranda's solitude in Chapter 5? How is her life described at this time? How long has she been at the Manor?
8. What is Miranda's room like at the estate? How does she describe the setting of the Manor in Chapter 1?
9. Describe Miranda's process of working in Chapter 3. How does Wysteria treat Miranda regarding her work?
10. What natural ability does Miranda describe having in Chapter 2? What does this lead to in regard to her duties for Wysteria?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Miss Moreland and the exposition revealed by her in Chapter 9. What does Miss Moreland relate of Dr. Mead?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Miranda's exchange with the boys in Chapter 7. What does Miranda learn about Bourne Manor from them, and how much weight does she give this information?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss Miranda's journey from the Manor in Chapter 7. What drives Miranda to leave?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)