|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Mead tells Miranda that Wysteria must recover before she can be taken where in Chapter 8?
(a) St. Elias Hospital.
(b) St. James Hospital.
(c) St. Mary Hospital.
(d) St. Edwards Hospital.
2. Dr. Mead does not believe in what, but he believes that the inhabitants of the Manor were affected by believing in them?
3. Where does Miranda hope to go to find more of her kind in Chapter 13?
(a) To Ireland.
(b) Across the lake.
(c) Across the mountains.
(d) To America.
4. What is the name of the family which once owned Bourne Manor?
(a) The Meads.
(b) The Andersons.
(c) The Walkers.
(d) The Smiths.
5. How is Miranda able to escape the Manor in Chapter 12?
(a) Through a window.
(b) Through a chimney.
(c) Through the front door.
(d) Through the cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Farley arrives in Chapter 10, Miranda realizes she does not want him to do what?
2. Dr. Mead's nurse tells Miranda in Chapter 9 that the house is indeed cursed and that its purported fortunes had taken hold of whom?
3. After Captain Barrows' death, Dr. Mead's nurse says that Dr. Mead had looked the other way without realizing it due to what?
4. What does Farley suggest Miranda use in order to fly in the end of Chapter 10?
5. Who does Dr. Mead's nurse say she believes killed Captain Barrows in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Captain Barrows hope to break the curse of the Manor, according to Dr.Mead in Chapter 8?
2. How does Dr. Mead enter the Manor in Chapter 12? What is his objective there?
3. What is Miranda's time alone at the Manor like in the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. How does Miranda take flight in Chapter 11?
5. What is Miranda's state of mind when she awakens in Chapter 11? Where does she go?
6. Who does Dr. Mead send to check in on Miranda in Chapter 9? Why won't she enter the house?
7. What climactic danger does Miranda face in Chapter 12? How does she escape?
8. What does Miss Moreland reveal about the history of Bourne Manor and Dr. Mead in Chapter 9?
9. Where does Miranda awaken in Chapter 12? How does she feel?
10. How is Chapter 11 a crucial moment in the development of Miranda's character in the novel?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)