|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Farley points out that Miranda may have forgotten, but that inside her she has a draw to do what in Chapter 10?
(a) Sail to Ireland.
(b) Fly far away.
(c) Swim far away.
2. Farley is stunned to hear that Miranda has never seen what in Chapter 10?
(b) The ocean.
(c) The forest.
(d) The meadow.
3. How does Dr. Mead say Wysteria grew up in Chapter 8?
(a) In great wealth.
(b) In poverty.
(c) In the city.
(d) With natives.
4. What is the name of the nurse Dr. Mead sends to check on Miranda in Chapter 9?
(a) Miss Jameson.
(b) Miss Smart.
(c) Miss Andrews.
(d) Miss Moreland.
5. How often does Dr. Mead say he will visit while Wysteria recovers in Chapter 8?
(a) Every other day.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Every morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Mead tells Miranda that Wysteria must recover before she can be taken where in Chapter 8?
2. Who do the hounds return along with in the end of Chapter 9?
3. Miranda realizes that she was always meant to be what in Chapter 11?
4. What refers to the change in characterization of a dynamic character over the course of a narrative?
5. What does Dr. Mead do to Miranda in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Mead enter the Manor in Chapter 12? What is his objective there?
2. What inner conflicts does Miranda face in Chapter 9?
3. What does Dr. Mead do upon arriving in Chapter 8? What is his diagnosis?
4. How is Chapter 11 a crucial moment in the development of Miranda's character in the novel?
5. Where does Miranda awaken in Chapter 12? How does she feel?
6. What is Dr. Mead's reaction to the laudanum in Chapter 12? Why?
7. What does Farley reveal about his future and plans in Chapter 11? How does Miranda react?
8. What do Miranda and Farley discover about Captain Barrows' plans in Chapter 13?
9. How does Miranda react to Farley's return in Chapter 10?
10. What does Farley discuss with Miranda on their kite-flying trip in Chapter 10?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)