|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miranda decide to look for before leaving the Manor in Chapter 12?
(a) Wysteria's fortune.
(b) Wysteria's kites.
(c) Captain Barrows' fortune.
(d) Farley's secret room.
2. Dr. Mead notes that Captain Barrows was what, just as his father had been, in Chapter 8?
(a) An impractical dreamer.
(b) A cold man.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A reasonable accountant.
3. What is Farley doing when Miranda finds him in Chapter 11?
(a) Flying a kite.
(b) Killing a deer.
(c) Skipping stones.
(d) Building a sand castle.
4. Who does Miranda encounter on her way to the Manor in Chapter 12?
(a) Dr. Mead.
(d) Miss Meadows.
5. Dr. Mead tells Miranda that Wysteria must recover before she can be taken where in Chapter 8?
(a) St. Elias Hospital.
(b) St. James Hospital.
(c) St. Mary Hospital.
(d) St. Edwards Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to something used for or regarded as representing something else; a material object representing something, often something immaterial?
2. Dr. Mead notes that who seems incapable of love in Chapter 8?
3. What does Farley bring to Miranda when he arrives in Chapter 10?
4. In the end of Chapter 8, Dr. Mead says he would be delighted to return and visit what?
5. Dr. Mead is not surprised to learn that while Miranda has learned much she knows nothing of what in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dr. Mead's reaction to the laudanum in Chapter 12? Why?
2. What surprise does Farley introduce to Miranda in Chapter 11?
3. How does Miranda take flight in Chapter 11?
4. What does Dr. Mead do upon arriving in Chapter 8? What is his diagnosis?
5. What does Farley discuss with Miranda on their kite-flying trip in Chapter 10?
6. What does Dr. Mead suggest Miranda do about Wysteria in Chapter 8? What does he promise to do as well?
7. Where does Miranda encounter Dr. Mead in Chapter 12? What does she show him?
8. What is Miranda's time alone at the Manor like in the beginning of Chapter 9?
9. What is Miranda's state of mind when she awakens in Chapter 11? Where does she go?
10. What does Miss Moreland reveal about the history of Bourne Manor and Dr. Mead in Chapter 9?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)