|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Miranda wakes up having dreamed of what?
2. What does Farley convince Miranda to take off for the first time in Chapter 11?
(a) Her scarf.
(b) Her boots.
(c) Her wings.
(d) Her coat.
3. Farley is stunned to hear that Miranda has never seen what in Chapter 10?
(b) The meadow.
(c) The forest.
(d) The ocean.
4. What is Farley doing when Miranda finds him in Chapter 11?
(a) Building a sand castle.
(b) Killing a deer.
(c) Flying a kite.
(d) Skipping stones.
5. The nurse refuses to do what when she checks in on Miranda in Chapter 9?
(a) Speak to Wysteria.
(b) Have tea.
(c) Eat any food.
(d) Enter the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Dr. Mead say he will visit while Wysteria recovers in Chapter 8?
2. What refers to a person or thing that precipitates an event or change in literature?
3. Dr. Mead's nurse tells Miranda in Chapter 9 that the house is indeed cursed and that its purported fortunes had taken hold of whom?
4. How does Dr. Mead say Wysteria grew up in Chapter 8?
5. What is in the bottle Miranda has found in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprise does Farley introduce to Miranda in Chapter 11?
2. What do Miranda and Farley discover about Captain Barrows' plans in Chapter 13?
3. Where does Miranda awaken in Chapter 12? How does she feel?
4. What is Miranda's reaction once she is flying in Chapter 11?
5. What inner conflicts does Miranda face in Chapter 9?
6. Who does Dr. Mead send to check in on Miranda in Chapter 9? Why won't she enter the house?
7. What does Farley discuss with Miranda on their kite-flying trip in Chapter 10?
8. How is Chapter 11 a crucial moment in the development of Miranda's character in the novel?
9. What does Farley reveal about his future and plans in Chapter 11? How does Miranda react?
10. What is Miranda's state of mind when she awakens in Chapter 11? Where does she go?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)