|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wysteria's last name in the novel?
2. What arrives and removes Miranda from her trapped position in Chapter 1?
(a) A centaur.
(b) Two hounds.
(c) Three fauns.
(d) A white witch.
3. What refers to discord of action, feeling, or effect; antagonism or opposition, as of interests or principles?
4. When Wysteria rings her bell in Chapter 6, Miranda finds her where?
(a) The great hall.
(b) The attic.
(c) Her bedchamber.
(d) The kitchen.
5. Miranda stops the conversation with the boys in Chapter 7 by threatening to do what?
(a) Throw rocks at them.
(b) Hit them with a stick.
(c) Release the hounds.
(d) Release the vampires.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wysteria make Miranda wear special boots?
2. The doctor's secretary tells Miranda that the doctor will not be excited to do what in Chapter 7?
3. What does Miranda become trapped in by the wind in Chapter 1?
4. What does Farley have strapped to his back when Miranda finds him in Chapter 6?
5. Miranda obeys Wysteria's requests to stay close to the Manor in Chapter 5, partly because she fears what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Miranda finds the doctor's office in Chapter 7?
2. What is Miranda's room like at the estate? How does she describe the setting of the Manor in Chapter 1?
3. What does Miranda learn about Wysteria's marriage in Chapter 2? Why does she choose to stay with Wysteria?
4. How are the early years of Miranda's stay described in Chapter 2? What does Wysteria use to keep Miranda from leaving?
5. How does Miranda rediscover the Red Dragon in Chapter 5?
6. What does the character Farley do when he first is introduced in Chapter 5? What is Miranda and Wysteria's reaction to the boy?
7. How does Miranda feel about lighting the lantern in Chapter 3? Why?
8. What gossip surrounds Miranda's character in the town? How does Wysteria react to it in Chapter 2?
9. How does the author contrast Miranda and Wysteria regarding their interests and values in Chapter 4?
10. How does Miranda feel after she has left the Manor in Chapter 7?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)