|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Miranda lose Red Dragon in Chapter 5?
(a) An eagle breaks the string.
(b) Wysteria takes the string.
(c) She loses her grasp of the string.
(d) It magically lifts away.
2. Miranda comes to Wysteria's estate in what month in Chapter 1?
3. What is the name of Miranda's favorite kite in Chapter 4?
(a) Black Hawk.
(b) Red Dragon.
(c) Blue Rocket.
(d) Great Heron.
4. Who does Miranda take with her when she leaves the manor in Chapter 7?
(c) Two hounds.
(d) Four hounds.
5. How many times had Captain Lawrence Barrows sailed the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many boys stop to jeer at Miranda as she travels in Chapter 7?
2. What does Miranda claim Wysteria loves more than anything in Chapter 2?
3. One of the boys in Chapter 7 claims that the house caused Captain Barrows to do what?
4. What does Miranda become trapped in by the wind in Chapter 1?
5. What is Wysteria's last name in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What breaks Miranda's solitude in Chapter 5? How is her life described at this time? How long has she been at the Manor?
2. What does Miranda begin doing every morning in Chapter 4? Why?
3. What does Miranda learn about Wysteria's marriage in Chapter 2? Why does she choose to stay with Wysteria?
4. What leads Miranda to begin wandering further from the Manor in Chapter 5?
5. Describe Miranda's process of working in Chapter 3. How does Wysteria treat Miranda regarding her work?
6. When does Miranda arrive at her new surroundings in Chapter 1? What does she remark about the estate?
7. What room does Miranda discover in Chapter 4?
8. What is Miranda's response to the boys in Chapter 7? What does she learn of the Manor from them?
9. How does the author contrast Miranda and Wysteria regarding their interests and values in Chapter 4?
10. What strange and habitual behavior is displayed by Wysteria in Chapter 3? What reason does she give for this behavior?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)