|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wysteria introduces Miranda to the crafting of what at an early age?
(a) Doll houses.
(c) Lace doilies.
(d) Fishing nets.
2. On what floor is Miranda's room in the Manor?
(a) The first floor.
(b) The second floor.
(c) The fourth floor.
(d) The third floor.
3. Miranda longs to do what in Chapter 4?
4. What does Wysteria tell Miranda when she arrives to meet her in Chapter 6?
(a) She can hardly breathe.
(b) She has a headache.
(c) She has fallen.
(d) She has the flu.
5. Wysteria is described by the narrator as having her own particular kind of what in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many boys stop to jeer at Miranda as she travels in Chapter 7?
2. What does Miranda become an expert at while tending the kites in Chapter 4?
3. What refers to discord of action, feeling, or effect; antagonism or opposition, as of interests or principles?
4. What duty is Miranda in charge of which she enjoys greatly in Chapter 3?
5. What does Wysteria trust will keep Miranda close to home in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miranda encounter when she goes to respond to Wysteria's bell in Chapter 6?
2. What does Miranda begin doing every morning in Chapter 4? Why?
3. Describe Miranda's process of working in Chapter 3. How does Wysteria treat Miranda regarding her work?
4. What does Miranda discover upon awakening in Chapter 6?
5. How does Miranda feel about lighting the lantern in Chapter 3? Why?
6. What breaks Miranda's solitude in Chapter 5? How is her life described at this time? How long has she been at the Manor?
7. When does Miranda arrive at her new surroundings in Chapter 1? What does she remark about the estate?
8. What leads Miranda to begin wandering further from the Manor in Chapter 5?
9. How does the author contrast Miranda and Wysteria regarding their interests and values in Chapter 4?
10. What interaction takes place between Miranda and Farley in Chapter 6?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)