|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Mead notes that who seems incapable of love in Chapter 8?
(a) Captain Barrows.
2. Dr. Mead's nurse begs Miranda to do what in Chapter 9?
(a) Tell Wysteria she misses her.
(b) Release the hounds.
(c) Not let Dr. Mead back into the Manor.
(d) Not let Wysteria into the Manor.
3. Dr. Mead tells Miranda that Captain Barrows believed that the Manor was cursed and also thought that through what he could break the curse in Chapter 8?
(a) Learning to fly.
(b) True love for his wife.
(c) Building kites.
4. Farley is stunned to hear that Miranda has never seen what in Chapter 10?
(a) The meadow.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The forest.
5. How many kites does Miranda take with her to fly with Farley in Chapter 10?
6. In Chapter 11, Farley tells Miranda that he has prepared what for her?
(b) A saddle.
(c) A boat.
(d) A plane.
7. What ritual does Miranda begin doing while Wysteria is gone to the hospital in Chapter 9?
(a) Feeding the plants.
(b) Knitting sweaters.
(c) Locking the windows.
(d) Watering the garden.
8. What does Miranda realize when she sees the Manor from the air in Chapter 11?
(a) It no longer has power over her.
(b) It is made of lead.
(c) It has a magnetic power over her.
(d) It is made of crystal.
9. What refers to the leading character, hero, or heroine of a drama or other literary work?
10. What is Wysteria diagnosed with in Chapter 8?
11. What does Dr. Mead inquire about from Miranda in Chapter 8?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her coat.
(c) Her boots.
(d) Her wings.
12. What is the name of the family which once owned Bourne Manor?
(a) The Walkers.
(b) The Meads.
(c) The Smiths.
(d) The Andersons.
13. Who does Miranda encounter on her way to the Manor in Chapter 12?
(a) Dr. Mead.
(b) Miss Meadows.
14. In Chapter 11, Farley says that he will be gone in how long?
(a) A year.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) A few days.
(d) A month.
15. Dr. Mead tells Miranda that Wysteria must recover before she can be taken where in Chapter 8?
(a) St. Elias Hospital.
(b) St. Edwards Hospital.
(c) St. Mary Hospital.
(d) St. James Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Mead's nurse say she believes killed Captain Barrows in Chapter 9?
2. When Farley arrives in Chapter 10, Miranda realizes she does not want him to do what?
3. Farley points out that Miranda may have forgotten, but that inside her she has a draw to do what in Chapter 10?
4. What freezes Dr. Mead in fear in Chapter 12?
5. What does Dr. Mead do to Miranda in Chapter 12?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)