|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many kites does Miranda take with her to fly with Farley in Chapter 10?
2. Dr. Mead tells Miranda that Captain Barrows believed that the Manor was cursed and also thought that through what he could break the curse in Chapter 8?
(a) Building kites.
(b) Learning to fly.
(c) True love for his wife.
3. Where does Miranda make her way when she awakens in Chapter 11?
(a) To the beach.
(b) To church.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To school.
4. What do Miranda and Farley discover the kites are made of in Chapter 13?
(d) House drafts.
5. Who do the hounds return along with in the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Dr. Mead.
(c) Miss Meadows.
6. What does Farley suggest Miranda use in order to fly in the end of Chapter 10?
(a) A plane.
7. How many pieces of paper are in the walls that Miranda always thought had been Wysteria's manner of insulating the room in Chapter 12?
8. What is the name of the nurse Dr. Mead sends to check on Miranda in Chapter 9?
(a) Miss Andrews.
(b) Miss Smart.
(c) Miss Moreland.
(d) Miss Jameson.
9. Once in the Manor, Dr. Mead becomes singularly focused on finding his family's lost fortune where in Chapter 12?
(a) The attic.
(b) Captain Barrows' study.
(c) The basement.
(d) Wysteria's bedchamber.
10. When Farley arrives in Chapter 10, Miranda realizes she does not want him to do what?
(a) Go to the hospital.
(b) Speak to her.
(c) Enter the Manor.
(d) Talk to Wysteria.
11. What does Miranda realize when she sees the Manor from the air in Chapter 11?
(a) It is made of crystal.
(b) It no longer has power over her.
(c) It is made of lead.
(d) It has a magnetic power over her.
12. Where is Wysteria in Chapter 11?
(a) Her mother's funeral.
(b) Her husband's funeral.
(c) St. Elias Hospital.
(d) St. Andrews Hospital.
13. Dr. Mead's nurse tells Miranda in Chapter 9 that the house is indeed cursed and that its purported fortunes had taken hold of whom?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Dr. Westmoreland.
(d) Many in the town.
14. In the end of Chapter 8, Dr. Mead states that Wysteria may be transported where?
(a) St. Elias Hospital.
(b) St. James Hospital.
(c) St. Joseph Hospital.
(d) St. Mary Hospital.
15. What does Farley convince Miranda to take off for the first time in Chapter 11?
(a) Her scarf.
(b) Her wings.
(c) Her boots.
(d) Her coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Mead is not surprised to learn that while Miranda has learned much she knows nothing of what in Chapter 8?
2. How often does Dr. Mead say he will visit while Wysteria recovers in Chapter 8?
3. What does Dr. Mead have his nurse bring Miranda in Chapter 9?
4. What freezes Dr. Mead in fear in Chapter 12?
5. In Chapter 11, Farley says that he will be gone in how long?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)