|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miranda discover is a small form of opium that when used in large quantities could cause hallucination and death in Chapter 12?
2. Dr. Mead's nurse begs Miranda to do what in Chapter 9?
(a) Tell Wysteria she misses her.
(b) Not let Dr. Mead back into the Manor.
(c) Not let Wysteria into the Manor.
(d) Release the hounds.
3. Once in the Manor, Dr. Mead becomes singularly focused on finding his family's lost fortune where in Chapter 12?
(a) Wysteria's bedchamber.
(b) The basement.
(c) Captain Barrows' study.
(d) The attic.
4. The nurse refuses to do what when she checks in on Miranda in Chapter 9?
(a) Eat any food.
(b) Have tea.
(c) Enter the house.
(d) Speak to Wysteria.
5. Dr. Mead does not believe in what, but he believes that the inhabitants of the Manor were affected by believing in them?
6. What does Dr. Mead have his nurse bring Miranda in Chapter 9?
(c) Her hounds.
(d) A kite.
7. What word means the tip, point, or vertex?
8. Why did Dr. Mead try to talk Captain Barrows out of marrying, as he relates in Chapter 8?
(a) His sister loved Captain Barrows.
(b) Wysteria only wanted money.
(c) Captain Barrows was evil.
(d) Caprain Barrows was too poor.
9. How is Miranda able to escape the Manor in Chapter 12?
(a) Through a window.
(b) Through the cellar.
(c) Through a chimney.
(d) Through the front door.
10. Dr. Mead tells Miranda that Captain Barrows believed that the Manor was cursed and also thought that through what he could break the curse in Chapter 8?
(a) Learning to fly.
(b) True love for his wife.
(c) Building kites.
11. What refers to something used for or regarded as representing something else; a material object representing something, often something immaterial?
12. What does Miranda come to believe Wysteria used to kill her husband in Chapter 12?
13. What do Miranda and Farley discover the kites are made of in Chapter 13?
(d) House drafts.
14. How often does Dr. Mead say he will visit while Wysteria recovers in Chapter 8?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Every morning.
(d) Every other day.
15. What does Farley suggest Miranda use in order to fly in the end of Chapter 10?
(d) A plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, Miranda and Farley realize that Captain Barrows had designed a great flying kite that was to be composed of what?
2. What does Farley convince Miranda to take off for the first time in Chapter 11?
3. What is the name of the family which once owned Bourne Manor?
4. Where does Miranda make her way when she awakens in Chapter 11?
5. What does Dr. Mead do to Miranda in Chapter 12?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)