|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the boys in Chapter 7 claims that the house caused Captain Barrows to do what?
(a) Kill his son.
(b) Throw himself off a cliff.
(c) Run away to sea.
(d) Kill his wife.
2. Miranda only takes the chance to do what with her favorite kite in Chapter 4?
(a) Hang it up.
(b) Look at it in the light.
(c) Fly it.
(d) Talk to it.
3. How many generations of grim ancestral portraits line the walls of the hall in Bourne Manor?
4. What does Miranda become an expert at while tending the kites in Chapter 4?
(a) Charting the oceans.
(b) Charting the weather.
(c) Counting money.
(d) Weaving kite-wire.
5. Wysteria's husband had hoped that he would break the curse of the Manor by what?
(a) Lighting it on fire.
(b) Avenging his mother.
(c) Marrying true love.
(d) Having a son.
6. Miranda has begun wandering further from the Manor to gather what in Chapter 5?
7. Farley asks if Miranda can accompany him where to fly the kite in Chapter 6?
(a) To the beach.
(b) To the church.
(c) To the mountains.
(d) Into town.
8. Miranda comes to Wysteria's estate in what month in Chapter 1?
9. For how long does Miranda say Wysteria's husband had been dead in Chapter 6?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 10 years.
10. What is the name of the doctor that Miranda tracks down in Chapter 7?
(a) Dr. Anderson.
(b) Dr. Barrows.
(c) Dr. Mead.
(d) Dr. Smith.
11. How does Miranda lose Red Dragon in Chapter 5?
(a) She loses her grasp of the string.
(b) It magically lifts away.
(c) An eagle breaks the string.
(d) Wysteria takes the string.
12. In the beginning of Chapter 7, Miranda remarks that Farley has not returned since he came to do what?
(a) Return the kite.
(b) Ask for Dr. Mead.
(c) Talk to Wysteria.
(d) Give her money.
13. What does Miranda discover a great many of in the attic in Chapter 4?
(c) Old albums.
(d) Rare coins.
14. What does Wysteria give to Miranda to protect her from the wind in Chapter 4?
(a) A hat.
15. Wysteria makes her living by mending fishing nets for the fishing fleet out of where?
(a) Seattle Bay.
(b) Gray Harbor.
(c) Anderson Bay.
(d) St. Albans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miranda is introduced to a boy named Farley after having lived with Wysteria how many years?
2. What does Miranda see from the window in the morning, hoping it is Farley, in Chapter 6?
3. The boys who jeer at Miranda in Chapter 7 say that she is Wysteria's what?
4. What arrives and removes Miranda from her trapped position in Chapter 1?
5. Miranda is the cause of gossip at the Manor due to what, in Chapter 2?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)