|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many turrets does Bourne Manor have?
2. In Chapter 4,Miranda happens upon a skeleton key which can unlock all the doors on what floor of the Manor?
(a) The fourth floor.
(b) The second floor.
(c) The third floor.
(d) The first floor.
3. Miranda claims in Chapter 4 that she could not see Wysteria as beautiful due to her what?
4. What is the narrative voice of the novel?
(a) Second person.
(b) Fourth person.
(c) Third person.
(d) First person.
5. Miranda has begun wandering further from the Manor to gather what in Chapter 5?
6. Wysteria's husband had hoped that he would break the curse of the Manor by what?
(a) Avenging his mother.
(b) Marrying true love.
(c) Having a son.
(d) Lighting it on fire.
7. One of the boys in Chapter 7 claims that the house caused Captain Barrows to do what?
(a) Run away to sea.
(b) Throw himself off a cliff.
(c) Kill his son.
(d) Kill his wife.
8. Wysteria has the odd habit of opening every single window in the Manor when?
(a) In the morning.
(b) At noon.
(c) At 5 p.m.
(d) In the evening.
9. Wysteria makes her living by mending fishing nets for the fishing fleet out of where?
(a) Gray Harbor.
(b) Anderson Bay.
(c) St. Albans.
(d) Seattle Bay.
10. What does Miranda discover a great many of in the attic in Chapter 4?
(c) Rare coins.
(d) Old albums.
11. What does Wysteria trust will keep Miranda close to home in Chapter 5?
(a) Her coat.
(b) Her wings.
(c) Her leash.
(d) Her boots.
12. What does Farley refer to Miranda as when he first meets her in Chapter 5?
(a) "The ugly girl."
(b) "The bird girl."
(c) "The pretty girl."
(d) "The angel."
13. What does Wysteria give to Miranda to protect her from the wind in Chapter 4?
(c) A hat.
14. Who does Miranda take with her when she leaves the manor in Chapter 7?
(b) Two hounds.
(d) Four hounds.
15. As soon as Miranda is out of view of Bourne Manor, she is overwhelmed by the beauty of what in Chapter 7?
(a) The sky and the ocean.
(b) The antelopes and deer.
(c) The hyacinth and elderberry trees.
(d) The rose bushes and the willow trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Wysteria's late husband?
2. What character is the antagonist in the novel?
3. What is Wysteria's last name in the novel?
4. Miranda hopes to signal to Farley by doing what in Chapter 6?
5. Miranda longs to do what in Chapter 4?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)