|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Miranda learns that Farley is causing a disturbance where?
(a) In a rose bush.
(b) In an elm tree.
(c) In a hyacinth tree.
(d) In a willow tree.
2. Wysteria claims that her odd window-locking habit is to prevent what, in Chapter 3?
(a) Evil spirits.
(c) Air drafts.
(d) Ghosts entering.
3. How many children did Wysteria have with her late husband?
4. Miranda obeys Wysteria's requests to stay close to the Manor in Chapter 5, partly because she fears what?
(a) The wind.
(b) Dr. Mead.
(c) The townspeople.
5. What do the boys who jeer at Miranda in Chapter 7 refer to Wysteria as?
(a) "The Hag."
(b) "The Ghost."
(c) "The Witch."
(d) "The Vampire."
6. What is the name of Miranda's favorite kite in Chapter 4?
(a) Blue Rocket.
(b) Red Dragon.
(c) Great Heron.
(d) Black Hawk.
7. What word means burdensome, unjustly harsh, or tyrannical?
8. What refers to discord of action, feeling, or effect; antagonism or opposition, as of interests or principles?
9. How many stories high is Bourne Manor?
10. The Bourne Manor functions as a kind of what in the novel?
11. How many rooms are there in Bourne Manor?
12. One of the boys in Chapter 7 claims that the house caused Captain Barrows to do what?
(a) Run away to sea.
(b) Kill his son.
(c) Kill his wife.
(d) Throw himself off a cliff.
13. Both Miranda and Wysteria are described as having grown more what in the beginning of Chapter 5?
14. What does Miranda claim Wysteria loves more than anything in Chapter 2?
(a) Her dogs.
(d) Her daughter.
15. Miranda is unable to rescue Red Dragon without what happening in Chapter 5?
(a) Dr. Mead discovering her.
(b) Farley seeing her.
(c) The hounds chasing her.
(d) Wysteria discovering her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Farley asks if Miranda can accompany him where to fly the kite in Chapter 6?
2. The doctor's secretary tells Miranda that the doctor is where in Chapter 7?
3. What does Miranda become trapped in by the wind in Chapter 1?
4. What is the narrative voice of the novel?
5. How many times had Captain Lawrence Barrows sailed the world?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)