|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wysteria give to Miranda to protect her from the wind in Chapter 4?
(d) A hat.
2. Farley asks if Miranda can accompany him where to fly the kite in Chapter 6?
(a) Into town.
(b) To the church.
(c) To the mountains.
(d) To the beach.
3. One of the boys who jeers at Miranda in Chapter 7 claims that Miranda is only fooling herself to think that she is what?
(a) Dr. Mead's daughter.
(b) A bird.
(c) The daughter of Wysteria.
(d) The heir of Bourne Manor.
4. What does Miranda claim Wysteria loves more than anything in Chapter 2?
(c) Her dogs.
(d) Her daughter.
5. In the end of Chapter 7, Miranda pleads for the doctor's help and the secretary says that she will receive it when?
(a) Next week.
(b) That night.
(d) Next month.
6. What are Wysteria's four dogs that Miranda befriends referred to in "Bird"?
(a) The Beasts.
(b) The Wolves.
(c) The Canines.
(d) The Hounds.
7. Miranda stops the conversation with the boys in Chapter 7 by threatening to do what?
(a) Throw rocks at them.
(b) Hit them with a stick.
(c) Release the vampires.
(d) Release the hounds.
8. Miranda is the cause of gossip at the Manor due to what, in Chapter 2?
(a) Her small size and strange clothing.
(b) Her feathers and webbed feet.
(c) Her large size and short hair.
(d) Her shyness and mysterious arrival.
9. The boots Wysteria makes Miranda wear have what in the soles of them?
(a) Steel plates.
(d) Gold stars.
10. What often gets stuck in Miranda's palms as she works on the nets in Chapter 3?
(a) Bird feathers.
(c) Rose thorns.
(d) Rusty hooks.
11. What does Miranda do when Farley brings the kite to her in Chapter 5?
(a) Gives him money.
(b) Feigns ignorance.
(c) Tells him to go away.
(d) Takes the kite.
12. Where is Farley from?
13. Miranda is unable to rescue Red Dragon without what happening in Chapter 5?
(a) Wysteria discovering her.
(b) The hounds chasing her.
(c) Farley seeing her.
(d) Dr. Mead discovering her.
14. What does Farley have strapped to his back when Miranda finds him in Chapter 6?
(a) Majestic Eagle.
(b) Blue Hawk.
(c) Red Dragon.
(d) Great Heron.
15. What does Wysteria give Miranda after she becomes trapped in a bush in Chapter 5?
(a) Heavier boots.
(b) A rope ladder.
(c) A pocket knife.
(d) A tutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times had Captain Lawrence Barrows sailed the world?
2. For how long does Miranda say Wysteria's husband had been dead in Chapter 6?
3. What word means burdensome, unjustly harsh, or tyrannical?
4. Miranda hopes to signal to Farley by doing what in Chapter 6?
5. As soon as Miranda is out of view of Bourne Manor, she is overwhelmed by the beauty of what in Chapter 7?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)