|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What often gets stuck in Miranda's palms as she works on the nets in Chapter 3?
(b) Rusty hooks.
(c) Rose thorns.
(d) Bird feathers.
2. In Chapter 6, Miranda learns that Farley is causing a disturbance where?
(a) In an elm tree.
(b) In a hyacinth tree.
(c) In a rose bush.
(d) In a willow tree.
3. Wysteria makes her living by mending fishing nets for the fishing fleet out of where?
(a) Anderson Bay.
(b) Gray Harbor.
(c) Seattle Bay.
(d) St. Albans.
4. In Chapter 4,Miranda happens upon a skeleton key which can unlock all the doors on what floor of the Manor?
(a) The third floor.
(b) The first floor.
(c) The second floor.
(d) The fourth floor.
5. What does Miranda do when Farley brings the kite to her in Chapter 5?
(a) Tells him to go away.
(b) Takes the kite.
(c) Gives him money.
(d) Feigns ignorance.
6. Miranda has overheard that Wysteria married her late husband for what reason in Chapter 2?
7. Who does Miranda take with her when she leaves the manor in Chapter 7?
(a) Two hounds.
(c) Four hounds.
8. Miranda longs to do what in Chapter 4?
9. How many boys stop to jeer at Miranda as she travels in Chapter 7?
10. What is the name of the estate owned by Wysteria in "Bird"?
(a) Bourne Manor.
(b) Dean Manor.
(c) Barrows Manor.
(d) Mead Manor.
11. What does Miranda become trapped in by the wind in Chapter 1?
(a) A willow tree.
(b) A kite string.
(c) A rose bush.
(d) An elm tree.
12. In Chapter 6, after waking up from a nap, Miranda finds Wysteria still annoyed by what?
(a) Farley's visit.
(b) Dr. Mead's visit.
(c) Miranda's absence.
(d) The bad weather.
13. What word means burdensome, unjustly harsh, or tyrannical?
14. Miranda is introduced to a boy named Farley after having lived with Wysteria how many years?
15. What does Miranda claim Wysteria loves more than anything in Chapter 2?
(b) Her dogs.
(d) Her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. When during the day does Miranda steal away to the attic in Chapter 4?
2. One of the boys in Chapter 7 claims the curse is due to the great riches within the Manor, and that the house kills anyone who tries to do what?
3. What does Miranda discover a great many of in the attic in Chapter 4?
4. As soon as Miranda is out of view of Bourne Manor, she is overwhelmed by the beauty of what in Chapter 7?
5. How many generations of grim ancestral portraits line the walls of the hall in Bourne Manor?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)