|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 & 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word means burdensome, unjustly harsh, or tyrannical?
2. What is Wysteria diagnosed with in Chapter 8?
3. What is the name of the nurse Dr. Mead sends to check on Miranda in Chapter 9?
(a) Miss Andrews.
(b) Miss Jameson.
(c) Miss Smart.
(d) Miss Moreland.
4. The doctor's secretary tells Miranda that the doctor is where in Chapter 7?
(a) In Alaska on vacation.
(b) On a cruise in the South of France.
(c) On an island tending to another patient.
(d) In England on business.
5. In Chapter 14, when Farley returns, he and Miranda take what to Bourne Manor?
(a) A mob of townspeople.
(b) The Great Heron.
(c) A centaur.
(d) The Red Dragon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Dr. Mead try to talk Captain Barrows out of marrying, as he relates in Chapter 8?
2. What word means the tip, point, or vertex?
3. The boys who jeer at Miranda in Chapter 7 say that she is Wysteria's what?
4. In the end of Chapter 8, Dr. Mead says he would be delighted to return and visit what?
5. What does Miranda leave the manor to do in Chapter 7?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)