Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. You brought your work into being, what does Anne say you must give it every day?
(a) You do not have to give your work anything on a daily basis.
(b) Food, health, advice, and love.
(c) Time and patience.
(d) Good plot lines and a terrific set.
2. What other writing skill did Anne use to write her letter to Sam?
(a) One-inch picture frame.
(b) Calling around.
(d) School lunches.
3. What is libel?
(a) What you can sue the papers for and get lots of money.
(b) It is the liberty within us all.
(c) Defamation by written or printed word.
(d) Making untrue accusations.
4. Why does Anne state that writing matters?
(a) Only to heal the writer.
(b) Because you can get published.
(c) Because you can affect the heart and spirit of the reader.
(d) To heal the writer and get published.
5. What soothes and heals Anne when she is paranoid, jealous, or upset for any reason?
(a) Going to the beach.
(c) Calling around.
(d) Asprin and a nap.
6. What is the best way to quiet KFKD?
(a) Call a friend.
(c) Blast heavy-metal music.
(d) Realize it is on, have a writing ritual, and breathe.
7. Where did Sam's pastor say is the only place we can find peace?
(a) In a fortune cookie.
(b) In meditation.
(c) In our hearts.
(d) In publication.
8. What does Anne suggest students do when faced with "writer's block?"
(a) Breathe calmly and meditate.
(b) Write about school breakfasts to get the creativeness flowing.
(c) Accept that they are not in a creative period right now, in doing so you free yourself to fill up again.
(d) Accept that they are challenged writers who should take her class again later.
9. What does Anne suggest feedback from someone close to you yields?
(a) A headache and ulcer.
(b) Confidence and time to improve the work.
(c) Better plots and newer characters.
(d) Mindless suggestions and a loss of friends.
10. According to Anne, what should our stories encompass?
(a) The truth as we know it, that is all we have to share.
(b) The truth as others see it, no one cares what you think.
(c) Half truths, which are much more interesting.
(d) No truth at all, total fiction is riveting.
11. According to Anne, what does being a writer guarantee?
(a) You will get published and receive lots of money.
(b) You will become neurotic.
(c) You will spend too much time alone.
(d) You will travel and meet many interesting people.
12. What is the best thing to do when you have a decision to make and do not know what to do?
(a) Flip a coin.
(b) Call your mother for advice.
(c) Something, anything; making a mistake is better than doing nothing.
(d) Sit in a corner with your arms around your knees, and just start rocking back and forth.
13. What does Anne use index cards for?
(a) Taking notes and paper airplanes.
(b) Making lists and picking her teeth.
(c) Making lists and taking notes.
(d) Paper airplanes and picking her teeth.
14. What is the name of the wire that covers all champagne corks?
(a) Cork holder.
(c) Wire thingy.
(d) Wire hood.
15. What is one reason Anne wrote the book for her father?
(a) The Dalai Lama himself told her to write it.
(b) There was only one book about cancer that was funny.
(c) She needed an advance from her agent.
(d) She was jealous of another writer's book about cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Anne, your unconscious cannot work when this is going on.
2. How do you get your confidence and intuition back?
3. What did Annie Dillard say about writing?
4. According to Anne, what is publication not going to do for you?
5. What does Anne consider a gift if you have it?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)