Short Answer Key
Section 1: Introduction
1. What is Anne's father's occupation?
2. Where did Anne's father teach his class?
San Quentin to the prisoners.
3. What did Anne's father tell his students to read?
All the great books and plays they could get their hands on.
4. At what age did Anne start writing?
5. What was Anne's first poem about that got any attention?
6. Why does Anne write?
She wants to and she is good at it.
Part 1, Writing, Section 1 Getting Started
1. What does Anne say good writing is about?
Telling the truth.
2. Where does Anne tell her students to start with their writing?
3. How does Anne tell her students to train the unconscious to kick in?
Sit down to write at approximately the same time every day.
4. What is a recurring problem that Anne sees in her...
This section contains 3,360 words|
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)