|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Help Along the Way, Section 1, Index Cards.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anne describe writing for herself and most other writers she knows?
(c) Not rapturous.
(d) Dewy and thrilled.
2. What is Anne's response to her students question about knowing when they are done?
(a) When characters evolve.
(b) When Dr. Suess eats the broccoli.
(c) "You just do."
(d) When the octopus is snoring.
3. What does Anne's friend tell her that we and our characters have to work within?
(a) A one-inch picture frame.
(b) A mason jar.
(c) An emotional acre.
(d) The stories of our life.
4. Where does the image of putting an octopus to bed come from?
(a) The nursing home.
(b) The octopus' mother.
(c) Pammy's memorial garden.
5. In working on set design for your book, what does Anne suggest you imagine yourself as?
(a) A butterfly flitting around a room.
(b) An operating room nurse, getting utensils ready.
(c) Set designer for a play or movie.
(d) An architect for a building.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image does Anne use to help her gather dialog for characters?
2. What does the title, False Starts, mean?
3. When Anne showed up at the Special Olympics to write an article, did she know what she was going to write?
4. When a student is having difficulty writing, what does Anne ask them about?
5. What advice does Anne's hypnotist give her about the negative voices?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)