Section 1: Introduction
1. What is Anne's father's occupation?
(d) Real Estate Agent.
2. Where did Anne's father teach his class?
(a) The local community college to kids.
(b) Elementary school to children.
(c) San Quentin to the prisoners.
(d) On the street to hippies.
3. What did Anne's father tell his students to read?
(a) A few poems and hardback books.
(c) Only Thurber.
(d) All the great books and plays they could get their hands on.
4. At what age did Anne start writing?
5. What was Anne's first poem about that got any attention?
(b) John Glenn.
(c) Her father.
(d) Tiny bubbles.
6. Why does Anne write?
(a) She has read C. S. Lewis.
(b) Her father was a writer.
(c) She is a good typist.
(d) She wants to and she is good at it.
Part 1, Writing, Section 1 Getting Started
7. What does Anne say good writing is about?
(a) Spelling everything correctly.
(b) Outlines, plots, and themes.
(c) Telling the truth.
This section contains 6,482 words
(approx. 22 pages at 300 words per page)