|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chore does Cheryl love to do?
(a) Feed the birds.
(b) Do laundry.
(c) Cook dinner for the housemates.
(d) Walk Victor.
2. What does Gary say happened to Frank's notebook?
(a) He took it with him when we left.
(b) He burned it.
(c) He gave it to Gary.
(d) He tore it up.
3. What does Malorie notice about the river?
(a) The water is murkier.
(b) The water has gotten colder.
(c) The current has slowed down.
(d) The current is moving faster.
4. Which was not a name of one of Gary's former housemates?
5. To what does does Malorie awaken in the rowboat after having passed out?
(a) A wolf in the boat.
(b) The Boy having fallen off.
(c) The children singing.
(d) The children paddling together.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Gary?
2. Why did Gary claim to have left his former house?
3. How does Gary discover Frank's writings?
4. Whose voice does Malorie hear most when the children are young?
5. Who helps Malorie up the stairs when she stumbles in Chapter 40?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the last item that Tom brings out of his bag in Chapter 37?
2. What body part does Tom believe he has found in a bowl on the table of a vacant house.
3. What chore does Cheryl like to do?
4. How does Malorie consider blinding her children?
5. How do the housemates determine whether to let the new entrant inside the house in Chapter 27?
6. What are some of the items printed on the receipt found by Tom in a vacant house?
7. What does the new entrant in Chapter 27 say happened as his previous house?
8. What instruments do Tom and Jules use to find their way outside of the house?
9. What snacks does Malorie give her children in the rowboat?
10. What special type of food does Tom bring back in Chapter 37?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)