|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom thinks he has found in a bowl in one of the houses?
(b) Melted ice cream.
(c) An eyeball.
(d) A fish.
2. What does Malorie notice has changed about Olympia?
(a) Her hair is thinning.
(b) She has lost weight.
(c) She has gotten a tan.
(d) She has lost her shine.
3. What does Malorie think is happening at the beginning of Chapter 36?
(a) The Boy is choking.
(b) The rowboat has a leak.
(c) The Girl is crying.
(d) Someone is following them.
4. What does Gary say happened to Frank's notebook?
(a) He took it with him when we left.
(b) He gave it to Gary.
(c) He tore it up.
(d) He burned it.
5. What breed of dog does Jules find while on his and Tom's excursion?
(a) A husky.
(b) A german shepherd.
(c) A labrador.
(d) A dalmation.
6. What does Jules find in the second house on his and Tom's excursion?
(a) A cat.
(b) A baby.
(d) A dog.
7. What kind of liquor does Malorie drink when she finds the bar?
8. Why does Malorie ultimately decide against blinding her children?
(a) She cannot stand the smell.
(b) She spills some on her skin and feels it burn.
(c) She cannot find enough information on the label.
(d) She is afraid that she will not have enough paint thinner for both children.
9. Which of the following is not in the rowboat with Malorie and the children?
10. What pivotal event happens on Chapter 26?
(a) Malorie passes out in the rowboat.
(b) The rowboat capsizes.
(c) A wolf got into the rowboat.
(d) A stranger gets into the boat.
11. Whose voice does Malorie hear most when the children are young?
12. What does Malorie do to Cheryl's car?
(a) She smashes in the windshield.
(b) She removes the seats.
(c) She deflates the tires.
(d) She paints the windshield black.
13. What does Tom bring back from the toy aisle?
(a) Beanie babies.
(b) Teddy bears.
(d) Bicycle horns.
14. What do the housemates do to Gary as punishment?
(a) Send him outside.
(b) Make him do the house cleaning.
(c) Make him sleep in a tent in the yard.
(d) Make him sleep in the attic.
15. Why does Malorie think that Gary knew they were in the house?
(a) Victor recognized him.
(b) He called them by name.
(c) She has seen Gary before.
(d) He knocked for a long time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tom and Jules eat when they spend the night in an empty house on their excursion?
2. What does Malorie notice when she looks at herself in the mirror?
3. What does Gary wear?
4. What does Tom bring back in a box?
5. How does Tom look when he returns from the excursion with Felix?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)