|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose meaning does Coleridge have the hardest time determining?
2. Which of the following does Coleridge describe as a primary force?
3. What does Coleridge describe as two counteracting forces?
4. Wordsworth said that there was no difference between metrical composition and which of the following?
5. Coleridge says that which kind of works feature nature and buildings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the way Coleridge compares Wordsworth to Samuel Daniel and Crowley. What strengths and weaknesses does he discover in his comparison? Who does Coleridge find to be the strongest of these three writers, and why?
Essay Topic 2
What is meter? What is metrical composition? How are both relevant to Coleridge?
Essay Topic 3
What does Coleridge believe the purpose of a literary life is? Why does he hold this belief? Do you agree?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)