|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Overall, how does Coleridge feel about Crowley's style?
2. According to Coleridge, what did Wordsworth give to his poetry?
3. What is the topic of Chapter XVII?
4. Who did Coleridge say he was ignorant of?
5. According to Coleridge, who has the most quotable lines?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role the theme of redemption plays in Coleridge's Biographia Literaria. Is the text one attempt at redemption?
Essay Topic 2
What does Coleridge say about pedantry? Why does he think pedantry is an issue in poetry? Do you agree?
Essay Topic 3
What does Coleridge believe the purpose of a literary life is? Why does he hold this belief? Do you agree?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)