|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Coleridge says that philosophy is not like which field?
2. Which of the following does Coleridge describe as a primary force?
3. Which thesis states that the truth must not be conditional?
4. Which of the following writers does Coleridge attribute rhyme and meter to?
5. What kind of poet does Coleridge say conveys trivial thoughts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Coleridge place significance on the bad reviews he has read instead of the good? How does this tie into the conclusion and Coleridge's view of religion and blame?
Essay Topic 2
What does Coleridge believe the purpose of a literary life is? Why does he hold this belief? Do you agree?
Essay Topic 3
What relationship did Coleridge have with critics? Was this reputation earned?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)