|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Coleridge says that e subject from a poem should be remote from what?
2. How does Coleridge describe the idea of poetry?
3. What does Coleridge think Wordsworth elevated?
4. Which thesis states that the truth must not be conditional?
5. Coleridge finds that quotable lines are known as such for which reason?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Coleridge believe the purpose of a literary life is? Why does he hold this belief? Do you agree?
Essay Topic 2
What are the qualities of an unfair review, according to Coleridge? Describe what a fair review would consist of, for Coleridge. How do your views compare?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role the theme of redemption plays in Coleridge's Biographia Literaria. Is the text one attempt at redemption?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)