|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sits as a critic, according to Coleridge?
2. How was Southey treated by critics?
3. Coleridge claims to owe what fraction of his reputation to critics?
4. Coleridge found there were endless ways to modify and combine which of the following?
5. What did Descartes develop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the inner experience categories Coleridge describes?
2. How does the chain of association work?
3. What are some examples Coleridge points out of reviews being unfair?
4. Describe Coleridge's view of Southey.
5. What is meter?
6. How does Coleridge describe pedantry?
7. Why does Coleridge find Wordsworth quotable?
8. How does Coleridge feel about critics?
9. What does Coleridge say about the rustic life?
10. Describe Coleridge's view of Wordsworth.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is it a good or bad thing that Coleridge relies so much on his classical education?
Essay Topic 2
What significance does Coleridge place on education? How does Coleridge view his own education? How would the modern world view Coleridge's education?
Essay Topic 3
What is Coelridge's personal philosophy? Why does Coleridge seek to explore philosophers? Is he accurate in his depictions of philosophy and mankind?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)