|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Coleridge claims that chaos involves second working with which of the following?
2. Coleridge claims that chaos involves first working with which of the following?
3. Who sits as a critic, according to Coleridge?
4. Which description matches the relationship Coleridge and Wordsworth had?
5. How old was Coleridge when he met Wordsworth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is metrical composition?
2. Why does Coleridge say Wordsworth's style was inconsistent?
3. What does Coleridge say of his only chance to ever anger anybody?
4. How did Coleridge's writing style change?
5. How does Coleridge compare Wordsworth and Daniel?
6. What is the purpose of a literary life, as Coleridge sees it?
7. What does Coleridge say his greatest fault is?
8. How does Coleridge compare the style of old and modern poets?
9. What opinions does Coleridge have of Wordsworth's diction?
10. Who did Coleridge feel he could identify with most?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the qualities of an unfair review, according to Coleridge? Describe what a fair review would consist of, for Coleridge. How do your views compare?
Essay Topic 2
What is meter? What is metrical composition? How are both relevant to Coleridge?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the way Coleridge compares Wordsworth to Samuel Daniel and Crowley. What strengths and weaknesses does he discover in his comparison? Who does Coleridge find to be the strongest of these three writers, and why?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)