|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Coleridge describes the first ultimate end of poetry as which of the following?
2. Coleridge describes the second ultimate end of poetry as which of the following?
3. Coleridge says that there was a difference between the way Wordsworth used a word and which of the following?
(c) The social use of a word.
(d) The spelling of a word.
4. Coleridge thinks that those who live a more rustic life have which of the following?
(a) High tolerance.
(b) Low vocabulary.
(c) High vocabulary.
(d) Low tolerance.
5. Which adjective does Coleridge use to describe Wordsworth's style?
Short Answer Questions
1. Coleridge says that Italian language used in poetry is that of which group?
2. Coleridge says that many reviews will condemn a work without doing which of these?
3. What is the topic of Chapter XVII?
4. Wordsworth's brilliance overcomes which of the following, according to Coleridge?
5. According to Coleridge, what is the cornerstone of morality?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)