|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Coleridge publish first?
(a) A book of poems.
(b) A novel.
(c) An anthology of short stories.
(d) A poem in a magazine.
2. What chain does Coleridge examine?
3. What does Coleridge describe as a work of beauty and elegance?
4. Coleridge claims that chaos involves second working with which of the following?
5. Coleridge thought that genius could be seen through which literary device?
(b) Figurative language.
Short Answer Questions
1. Coleridge mentions that he does not always agree with which writer?
2. Which of the following does Coleridge admit he is unable to accept?
3. Coleridge feels it is natural to be jealous of who?
4. To Descartes, what was the body?
5. Wordsworth was first published when Coleridge was doing which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What field does Coleridge believe philosophy is similar to, and why?
2. How does Coleridge think genius can be shown?
3. How does Coleridge feel about his education?
4. What are some examples Coleridge points out of reviews being unfair?
5. Describe Coleridge's personal philosophy regarding the spirit of man.
6. Describe Coleridge's view of Southey.
7. Why does Coleridge say a poem's subject should be remote from the poet?
8. Why does Coleridge give the example of the girl from Germany who was ranting and raving?
9. What is the ultimate result of poetry, according to Coleridge?
10. What did Wordsworth contribute to the world of poetry?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)