|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Coleridge seem to be most impressed by?
(a) Wordsowrth's writing.
(b) Wordsworth's relationships.
(c) Wordsworth's happiness.
(d) Wordsworth's attitude toward life.
2. What school did Coleridge go to?
(b) University of Southern California.
3. Coleridge quotes Wordsworth to make a point about what?
4. Coleridge claims to owe what fraction of his reputation to critics?
5. What is the second emotion Coleridge says he does not understand toward him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Hartley diverge from?
2. What is the third task of the mind, according to Coleridge?
3. What is the first task of the mind, according to Coleridge?
4. Who did Coleridge identify with most?
5. Which of these is the third inner experience category Coleridge describes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Coleridge say that knowledge can be subjective and objective at the same time?
2. Describe Coleridge's view of Wordsworth.
3. How did Coleridge's writing style change?
4. How does Coleridge describe the motives of men?
5. How does Coleridge rely on his classical education?
6. What importance does Coleridge put on blame?
7. What does Coleridge think about his first book of poems?
8. What comments about mankind does Coleridge make in Chapter V?
9. How does Coleridge describe Wordsworth's theory of style?
10. Describe Coleridge's view of Southey.
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)