|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is the second inner experience category Coleridge describes?
2. To Descartes, what was the body?
3. Which of these is the third inner experience category Coleridge describes?
4. In Chapter VI, Coleridge uses an example of a girl from which country?
5. Coleridge states his name is popular in spite of which of the following?
(a) The problems he has failed to overcome.
(b) The distance he places between himself and the world.
(c) The fact that he is so unpopular.
(d) The world's hatred for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Coleridge credit Wordsworth with opening up?
2. Coleridge claims to not agree with the law of what?
3. Where was Kant from?
4. How old was Coleridge when he was first published?
5. What school did Coleridge go to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Coleridge give the example of the girl from Germany who was ranting and raving?
2. Why was Kant a favorite of Coleridge's?
3. Why does Coleridge find Wordsworth quotable?
4. Describe Coleridge's view of Wordsworth.
5. How does Coleridge describe the motives of men?
6. Describe Coleridge's campaign against religion.
7. What does Coleridge say his greatest fault is?
8. What is the purpose of a literary life, as Coleridge sees it?
9. What is metrical composition?
10. What did Wordsworth contribute to the world of poetry?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)