|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ludovicus sought to explain the power of which of the following?
2. In Chapter VI, Coleridge uses an example of a girl from which country?
3. How old was Coleridge when he met Wordsworth?
4. Which of the following did Coleridge mention he was interested in?
5. Coleridge read which type of writing by William Bowles?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Kant from?
2. What is the second task of the mind, according to Coleridge?
3. Coleridge describes ideas as being used to form which of the following?
4. Who does Coleridge quote to praise his rivals?
5. Coleridge quotes Wordsworth to make a point about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Coleridge controversial?
2. Why does Coleridge say Wordsworth's style was inconsistent?
3. What is Coleridge's general view of writing?
4. What opinions does Coleridge have of Wordsworth's diction?
5. How does the chain of association work?
6. What importance does Coleridge put on blame?
7. How does Coleridge compare Wordsworth and Daniel?
8. What does Coleridge say about rivals?
9. How does Coleridge compare the style of old and modern poets?
10. What does Coleridge say about Italian poetry?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)