|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Coleridge mention he was interested in?
2. Where was Kant from?
(b) United States.
3. According to Descartes, what had thoughts?
4. Coleridge feels that people are concerned with the origination of which of the following?
5. How was Southey treated by critics?
6. What is the third task of the mind, according to Coleridge?
7. Coleridge found there were endless ways to modify and combine which of the following?
(a) Bleak ideas.
(d) Vivid ideas.
8. Wordsworth was first published when Coleridge was doing which of the following?
(a) Attending high school.
(b) Researching poets.
(c) Writing a novel.
(d) Attending college.
9. Who does Coleridge describe as a favorite?
10. Who did Coleridge identify with most?
(a) Classic Greek writers.
(b) Female writers.
(c) Classic Roman writers.
(d) Contemporary writers.
11. Coleridge feels it is necessary to address which of the following?
12. What does Coleridge describe as a work of beauty and elegance?
13. What is Coleridge hoping to show the reader?
(a) How Wordsworth writes with such ease.
(b) How Wordsworth's mind works.
(c) How friendly Wordsworth is.
(d) How he and Wordsworth met.
14. What does Coleridge credit Wordsworth with opening up?
(a) Lyrical ballads.
(c) Epic poems.
15. Ludovicus sought to explain the power of which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Coleridge's agents link?
2. How old was Coleridge when he read William Bowles?
3. What school did Coleridge go to?
4. Coleridge feels he cannot afford any indignation at which of the following?
5. According to Coleridge, what has changed from the days of Chaucer and Gower?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)