|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Coleridge claims that chaos involves first working with which of the following?
2. According to Coleridge, what demands greater attention than any other profession?
3. Coleridge feels he cannot afford any indignation at which of the following?
(a) Positive reviews.
(b) His rivals.
(c) Literary wrongs.
4. Who does Coleridge quote to praise his rivals?
5. Coleridge describes which of the following as being a part of genius?
6. The writings that gave Coleridge the most criticism regarded criticisms of which author?
7. Which of these is the second inner experience category Coleridge describes?
8. Coleridge read which type of writing by William Bowles?
9. Coleridge says that the only time he had the opportunity to anger anybody was when he was published in which medium?
10. Ludovicus sought to explain the power of which of the following?
11. Coleridge mentions that he does not always agree with which writer?
12. What is the first emotion Coleridge says he does not understand toward him?
13. What school did Coleridge go to?
(a) University of Southern California.
14. Coleridge's overall impression of Wordsworth is which of the following?
(a) He can't see why his career is so successful.
(b) He is skillful but has not reached his potential.
(c) He is ignorant and naive.
(d) He is a literary genius.
15. What did Coleridge publish first?
(a) A book of poems.
(b) An anthology of short stories.
(c) A novel.
(d) A poem in a magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Kant from?
2. Coleridge feels it is natural to be jealous of who?
3. How does Coleridge seem to view most reviewers?
4. According to Descartes, what had thoughts?
5. What did Hartley feel the basis of the law of associations was?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)