Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eugene say that his moment with Daisy is important?
2. What does Toomey ask Epstein?
3. What happened to Epstein?
4. Why does Daisy resist Eugene's advance on her?
5. How close does Eugene feel from being a writer?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss humor in the play.
1) How do the characters use humor in their interactions? How do they use humor as insults? How does humor form part of their friendship?
2) In what ways does the author use humor in the play? How does the author combine serious issues such as prejudice and war with humor?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of religion in the play.
1) How seriously do the characters take their religions? What influences do the characters' religions have on them?
2) How is Daisy affected by Catholicism and by going to a Catholic school? How does her religious background affect her relationship with Eugene?
3) Are the soldiers' perceptions of Jewish people based in religion, or do they have a different basis?
Essay Topic 3
The soldiers all have different dreams and goals. Discuss the role of dreams and goals in the play.
1) Eugene achieves three goals during the play. Discuss these goals and their importance, and what they say about his character.
2) Carney's dream is to become a singer. What does this dream say about him? Why doesn't Carney achieve his goal?
3) Do Wykowski and Selridge have goals and dreams for themselves? What does their lack of concrete dreams say about them as characters? How does it change their lives?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)