|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eugene tell Daisy?
(a) That he wants to marry her.
(b) That he misses her.
(c) That he wants to sleep with her.
(d) That he loves her.
2. What happened to Epstein?
(a) He is missing in action.
(b) He went AWOL and was arrested.
(c) He was killed by friendly fire.
(d) He was killed by enemy fire.
3. What did Eugene write about Selridge?
(a) That he calls for his mother in his sleep.
(b) That he murmurs and cries in his sleep.
(c) That he has dreams about getting killed.
(d) That he yells at his father in his sleep.
4. What is one of the interests Eugene and Daisy talk about?
5. What does Toomey ask Epstein?
(a) Whether he hates the other men.
(b) Whether he hates Toomey.
(c) Whether he hates himself.
(d) Whether he hates the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the boys feel about Toomey after four weeks with their new sergeant?
2. What evidence does Wykowski cite to accuse Epstein of being the escaped soldier?
3. How long does Daisy have to talk to a boy at the dance?
4. What is Eugene's new watchword?
5. What objectives does Eugene have left to achieve in the army?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)