|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said something similar to what Eugene wrote about Carney?
(a) Carney's favorite teacher.
(b) Carney's mother.
(c) The girl Carney is sort of engaged to.
(d) Carney's best friend from high school.
2. What does Toomey do to get Epstein to take a drink?
(a) Toomey threatens to courtmartial Epstein.
(b) Toomey points a gun at Epstein.
(c) Toomey threatens to punish the other men.
(d) Toomey takes Epstein by the throat.
3. What mood is Eugene in at the beginning of the scene?
4. What is Eugene doing at the beginning of the scene?
5. How do the boys feel about Toomey after four weeks with their new sergeant?
(a) They miss him.
(b) They feel sorry for him.
(c) They feel angry at him.
(d) They hate him even more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy say she can't do with Eugene?
2. What is the status of Toomey's army career?
3. What gift does Daisy give Eugene?
4. How does Eugene feel about not going into combat?
5. What punishment does Epstein give Toomey?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)