|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy do after Eugene refuses to dance?
(a) She begins to walk away.
(b) She gives up trying to get him to dance.
(c) She starts to cry.
(d) She laughs at him.
2. Does Carney understand Eugene's point of view after Eugene explains what he wrote?
(a) Yes, and he doesn't mind what Eugene wrote at all.
(b) No, he hates Eugene for what he wrote.
(c) Yes, but he is still hurt.
(d) No, but he doesn't care anymore about what Eugene wrote.
3. What does Eugene's notebook say about Carney?
(a) Eugene cannot stand Carney and secretly plays tricks on him.
(b) Eugene trusts Carney more than any of the others.
(c) Eugene likes him but can't depend on him in a tough situation.
(d) Eugene dislikes him but hides it.
4. What did Eugene write about Selridge?
(a) That he yells at his father in his sleep.
(b) That he calls for his mother in his sleep.
(c) That he murmurs and cries in his sleep.
(d) That he has dreams about getting killed.
5. Where does Eugene go to avoid what's about to happen?
(a) Under the bed.
(c) In the latrine.
(d) In the closet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Daisy from?
2. Why does Daisy resist Eugene's advance on her?
3. What did Eugene write about Toomey?
4. What is Daisy's response to Eugene's declaration?
5. How does Eugene's notebook say that Selridge eats?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)