|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Epstein use for not stopping the reading?
(a) Epstein doesn't want to be hated.
(b) Epstein wants to hear what the journal says.
(c) Epstein was afraid to get beat up.
(d) Eugene left his locker open.
2. What does Eugene tell Carney?
(a) He tells him to leave.
(b) He apologizes.
(c) He pretends to be a chronic liar.
(d) He tells him about Rowena.
3. Why does Eugene say that his moment with Daisy is important?
(a) Because each moment is important.
(b) Because the war will change their world.
(c) Because soon they will be grown up.
(d) Because they are in love for the first time.
4. Why does Eugene say he comes to dances?
(a) To find someone to marry.
(b) To find someone to talk to.
(c) To find someone to have fun with.
(d) To find a girlfriend.
5. Does Carney understand Eugene's point of view after Eugene explains what he wrote?
(a) Yes, but he is still hurt.
(b) Yes, and he doesn't mind what Eugene wrote at all.
(c) No, but he doesn't care anymore about what Eugene wrote.
(d) No, he hates Eugene for what he wrote.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who objects to reading Eugene's personal papers?
2. How long does Daisy have to talk to a boy at the dance?
3. What does Carney say about Eugene in reaction to Eugene's writings?
4. What is the status of Toomey's army career?
5. What was Carney hospitalized for?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)