|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is basic training?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Fifteen weeks.
(c) Twenty weeks.
(d) Ten weeks.
2. What is Selridge doing at the beginning of the scene?
3. What is notable about Joseph's eating habits?
(a) He can eat anything.
(b) He fasts on Sundays.
(c) He is allergic to milk and wheat.
(d) He never eats before noon.
4. Which of the soldiers says he is not up for the march?
5. What duty does Toomey give to Epstein?
(a) Digging trenches.
(b) Cleaning the latrine.
(c) Peeling potatoes.
(d) Scrubbing the barracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys eat at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What does Wykowski say Epstein should ask for to eat?
3. What does the prostitute do when Eugene gets into bed?
4. What city is Joseph from?
5. What does Wykowski say that the prostitute told him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Eugene's goals during the war?
2. What does Eugene do at the end of the scene?
3. What does Eugene say when Wykowski asks if he means what he wrote?
4. What does it show about Carney's character that he talks to Eugene about what Eugene wrote?
5. How does Eugene's notebook describe Epstein?
6. What does Toomey threaten to do to the men unless the thief gives himself up?
7. What is the soldiers' new sergeant like?
8. Why is Eugene uncomfortable and nervous in Act 2, Scene 1?
9. What state is Toomey in during Act 2, Scene 7?
10. What does Daisy have to abstain from because of the religious holiday?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)