|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What permanent reminder of an injury does Toomey have?
(a) A long scar on his shoulder.
(b) A bullet lodged near his heart.
(c) A steel plate in his head.
(d) A metal screw in his leg.
2. Where does Eugene tell the prostitute he's from?
(a) Texarkana, Texas.
(b) Shreveport, Louisiana.
(c) Memphis, Tennessee.
(d) Lawton, Oklahoma.
3. What does Donald do constantly?
(a) Tap his foot.
(c) Crack his knuckles.
4. How does Eugene say the environment smells?
(a) It smells delicious.
(b) It smells fresh.
(c) It smells empty.
(d) It stinks.
5. What does Wykowski say that the prostitute told him?
(a) That she never wants to see him again.
(b) That she wants to see him again after the war.
(c) That she wants to go away with him.
(d) That she wants him to come back tomorrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prostitute tell Eugene he should do to look older?
2. What does Toomey say he considers less offensive than burglary?
3. Who does Toomey punish with exercises because of Eugene's answer?
4. How did Epstein get down?
5. What is the correct answer for the men to answer when their name is called in the roll?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eugene's attempt to dance with Daisy.
2. What kind of a person is Arnold?
3. What does Hennessey do when he tries to defend Epstein and Eugene?
4. What is the scene at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 9 reminiscent of?
5. What does Eugene's attitude seem to be after the other soldiers have read his writings?
6. Describe Arnold Epstein's eating habits.
7. How does Eugene feel at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
8. What does it show about Carney's character that he talks to Eugene about what Eugene wrote?
9. What is the soldiers' new sergeant like?
10. How do Daisy and Eugene end up dancing?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)