|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the soldiers says he is not up for the march?
2. What city is Joseph from?
(a) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
(b) Bangor, Maine.
(c) Bridgeport, Connecticut.
(d) Providence, Rhode Island.
3. What does Roy stick in Joseph's face?
(a) His elbow.
(b) A letter.
(c) A hat.
(d) His foot.
4. How long is Wykowski with the prostitute?
(a) Only five minutes.
(b) Exactly fifteen minutes.
(c) Over a half an hour.
(d) Over two hours.
5. What permanent reminder of an injury does Toomey have?
(a) A bullet lodged near his heart.
(b) A metal screw in his leg.
(c) A long scar on his shoulder.
(d) A steel plate in his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wykowski say Epstein should ask for to eat?
2. What does Toomey make Carney do as punishment?
3. What does Donald do constantly?
4. Who actually stole Wykowski's money?
5. Why does the judge give Hennessy a good grade for his fantasy?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, Scene 7, how does Eugene say his relationship with Daisy has developed?
2. What does it show about Carney's character that he talks to Eugene about what Eugene wrote?
3. What does Eugene say about his feelings at the end of Act 2, Scene 8?
4. Where has Eugene traveled in the past?
5. Describe Rowena's personality.
6. What state is Toomey in during Act 2, Scene 7?
7. What does Toomey threaten to do to the men unless the thief gives himself up?
8. Compare Carney and Selridge's fantasies.
9. What punishment does Toomey promise if Epstein doesn't complete his duty to Toomey's standards?
10. What are Eugene's goals during the war?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)