|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eugene tell Carney he is afraid of?
(a) Looking foolish.
(b) Being sinful.
(d) Getting sick.
2. Where is Arnold Epstein sleeping at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Leaning against a pole.
(b) In a haystack.
(c) On a baggage rack.
(d) On a floor.
3. Where does the prostitute say she's from?
(a) Gulfport, Mississippi.
(b) Collierville, Tennessee.
(c) Pine Bluff, Arkansas.
(d) Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
4. What did the two men Epstein confronted in the latrine call him?
(a) A goody-two-shoes.
(b) A four-eyes.
(c) A bookworm.
(d) A Kike.
5. What duty does Toomey give to Epstein?
(a) Cleaning the latrine.
(b) Peeling potatoes.
(c) Digging trenches.
(d) Scrubbing the barracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eugene feel about the army?
2. How does Toomey seem to make the boys feel?
3. Who does the prostitute live with?
4. What does Selridge suggest the soldiers should bet on?
5. What does Wykowski say Epstein should ask for to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eugene say about his feelings at the end of Act 2, Scene 8?
2. What does Toomey tell the soldiers about their future service in the war?
3. What does Arnold's fantasy say about his character?
4. What does Epstein object to about Toomey's style?
5. What is the soldiers' new sergeant like?
6. Describe Eugene's attempt to dance with Daisy.
7. What does Roy think of himself?
8. What are Eugene's goals during the war?
9. What happens when Toomey asks the guilty person to come forward?
10. What does Toomey threaten to do to the men unless the thief gives himself up?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)