|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Toomey punish with exercises because of Eugene's answer?
(a) Eugene, Selridge, and Wycowski.
(b) Selridge, Wycowski, and Epstein.
(c) Carney, Epstein, and Eugene.
(d) Eugene, Carney, and Wycowski.
2. What does Eugene tell Carney he is afraid of?
(a) Looking foolish.
(b) Getting sick.
(c) Being sinful.
3. What do the soldiers discuss as they prepare for their 2-day pass?
(a) How many clubs they can go to.
(b) How much food they can eat.
(c) How many women they can sleep with.
(d) How much liquor they can drink.
4. How many sex positions does Selridge say there are?
5. Where does Eugene get his knowledge of sex positions?
(a) Off a deck of dirty cards.
(b) From a church pamphlet.
(c) From a high school cheerleader.
(d) Off a dirty calendar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the judge give Hennessy a good grade for his fantasy?
2. Who does the prostitute live with?
3. What does the prostitute ask Eugene when he comes out from hiding?
4. Who does Wykowski accuse of stealing from him?
5. What objection does Carney give to his assigned punishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eugene's relationship with the other boys.
2. Why is Carney upset at what Eugene wrote?
3. Describe how Toomey wakes up the soldiers.
4. What does Toomey threaten to do to the men unless the thief gives himself up?
5. What does Toomey want from the soldiers?
6. Which soldiers does Toomey not let leave the table, and why?
7. What does Epstein offer to do for the other soldiers?
8. What does Toomey do to punish Eugene during the march?
9. What does Hennessey's fantasy say about his character?
10. What is Toomey's strategy for punishing Eugene for his answers?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)