|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade does the judge give Carney for his fantasy?
2. What does Toomey make Carney do as punishment?
(a) A hundred sit-ups.
(b) A hundred jumping jacks.
(c) A hundred push-ups.
(d) A hundred chin-ups.
3. What does Donald's sister look like?
(a) She's very tall and skeletal.
(b) She's ugly.
(c) She's very short and stout.
(d) She's very attractive.
4. Where does Eugene get his knowledge of sex positions?
(a) From a church pamphlet.
(b) Off a deck of dirty cards.
(c) From a high school cheerleader.
(d) Off a dirty calendar.
5. What is the setting of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A back porch.
(b) A kitchen.
(c) A train coach.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Epstein say that Eugene is?
2. What is notable about Joseph's eating habits?
3. What did the two men Epstein confronted in the latrine call him?
4. What does Toomey say he considers less offensive than burglary?
5. Who is the judge of the game the soldiers play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Toomey treat Epstein, and why?
2. What does Toomey want from the soldiers?
3. What is Toomey's strategy for punishing Eugene for his answers?
4. What is the soldiers' new sergeant like?
5. Which soldiers does Toomey not let leave the table, and why?
6. What does Toomey threaten to do to the men unless the thief gives himself up?
7. What does Epstein object to about Toomey's style?
8. What does Rowena say about her home life?
9. Why is everyone surprised about what Eugene has written about them?
10. What does Toomey do to punish Eugene during the march?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)