Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is Joseph from?
(a) Bridgeport, Connecticut.
(b) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
(c) Bangor, Maine.
(d) Providence, Rhode Island.
2. What does Epstein have in order to prove he has a bad stomach?
(a) Blood test results.
(b) An x-ray.
(c) A note from his mother.
(d) A note from his doctor.
3. Does Eugene think Carney's punishment is unfair?
(a) Yes, but he tells Toomey that he doesn't.
(b) No, and he tells Toomey so.
(c) Yes, and he tells Toomey so.
(d) No, but he won't tell anyone.
4. What does Toomey say he considers less offensive than burglary?
(a) Blasphemy and sodomy.
(b) Mutiny and murder.
(c) Mutiny and sodomy.
(d) Murder and blasphemy.
5. Where are most of the boys sleeping at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) On a floor.
(b) In swings.
(c) Under a tree.
(d) On seats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose greeting of Toomey is less friendly than the other soldiers?
2. What do the boys eat at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Who does Wykowski accuse of stealing from him?
4. How does Eugene say the environment smells?
5. Where does Toomey say the march will be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Toomey threaten to do to the men unless the thief gives himself up?
2. What prevented Eugene from seeing any action in the war?
3. How do Daisy and Eugene end up dancing?
4. How does Eugene react to the men reading his notebook?
5. Describe Rowena's personality.
6. How does Toomey treat Epstein, and why?
7. How does the army find out the identity of the escaped soldier?
8. What does it show about Carney's character that he talks to Eugene about what Eugene wrote?
9. What happens when Toomey asks the guilty person to come forward?
10. What does Toomey want from the soldiers?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)