|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are most of the boys sleeping at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) On seats.
(b) Under a tree.
(c) In swings.
(d) On a floor.
2. Why did Hennesey get assigned to the duty he's on?
(a) For talking back to an officer.
(b) For not finishing his food.
(c) For being last to finish cleaning his weapon.
(d) For being AWOL.
3. What is the weather like?
4. How did Epstein get down?
(a) He cut himself down.
(b) He wriggled out of his bindings.
(c) The pipes he was tied to broke.
(d) An officer came in and found him.
5. What does Donald do constantly?
(a) Tap his foot.
(c) Crack his knuckles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Selridge doing at the beginning of the scene?
2. What do the boys eat at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What does Eugene tell the prostitute about his past sex life?
4. Who takes the bunk Eugene wants?
5. What does Wykowski promise not to do to Epstein anymore?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eugene's notebook describe Epstein?
2. What kind of person is Eugene hoping to meet?
3. Why does Carney decide not to visit the prostitute?
4. Which soldiers does Toomey not let leave the table, and why?
5. How long is Selridge in with the prostitute?
6. What does Rowena say about her home life?
7. What does Toomey want from the soldiers?
8. What does Eugene's attitude seem to be after the other soldiers have read his writings?
9. What does Toomey tell the soldiers about their future service in the war?
10. Compare Carney and Selridge's fantasies.
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)