|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Donald do constantly?
(b) Crack his knuckles.
(c) Tap his foot.
2. Who does Toomey punish with exercises because of Eugene's answer?
(a) Eugene, Selridge, and Wycowski.
(b) Eugene, Carney, and Wycowski.
(c) Carney, Epstein, and Eugene.
(d) Selridge, Wycowski, and Epstein.
3. Who wins the contest for the best fantasy?
4. What does Selridge suggest the soldiers should bet on?
(a) Who has the best fantasy for their last days alive.
(b) Who has the best fantasy for getting out of the army.
(c) Who has the best fantasy for their homecoming.
(d) Who has the best fantasy for getting back at Toomey.
5. What percent of Toomey's overseas outfit does he say died?
(a) Seventy-three percent.
(b) Fifty-two percent.
(c) Thirty-nine percent.
(d) Fifteen percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Selridge doing at the beginning of the scene?
2. What do the boys eat at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Where does Toomey say the march will be?
4. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
5. What duty is James Hennesey on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What courtesy does Epstein give Eugene that none of the other soldiers do?
2. What does Toomey threaten to do to the men unless the thief gives himself up?
3. Describe Arnold Epstein's eating habits.
4. What are Eugene's goals during the war?
5. What does Eugene tell Wykowski about his motives?
6. What is Daisy doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
7. What does Toomey tell the soldiers about their future service in the war?
8. What does Roy think of himself?
9. Which soldiers does Toomey not let leave the table, and why?
10. What does Eugene's attitude seem to be after the other soldiers have read his writings?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)