|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prostitute tell Eugene he should do to look older?
(a) Stand up taller.
(b) Cut his hair.
(c) Grow a mustache.
(d) Be more confident.
2. How long has Hennesey been assigned to the duty he's on?
(a) Thirty days.
(b) Thirteen days.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Seventeen days.
3. What is Selridge doing at the beginning of the scene?
4. Why did Hennesey get assigned to the duty he's on?
(a) For not finishing his food.
(b) For being AWOL.
(c) For talking back to an officer.
(d) For being last to finish cleaning his weapon.
5. What does Wykowski say Epstein should ask for to eat?
(a) Gefilte fish.
(b) Matzo ball soup.
(c) Bagels and lox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Epstein claim he saw?
2. How does Toomey seem to make the boys feel?
3. How does Eugene feel about the prospect of sex with a prostitute?
4. What does the prostitute ask Eugene when he comes out from hiding?
5. What overseas location did Toomey serve in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eugene react to the men reading his notebook?
2. Who does Eugene talk to at the end of the scene, and why?
3. What does Hennessey's fantasy say about his character?
4. What kind of person is Eugene hoping to meet?
5. Why does Carney decide not to visit the prostitute?
6. What communications does Eugene still have with Daisy?
7. How does Eugene convince Daisy to kiss him?
8. What kind of a person is Arnold?
9. Describe how Toomey wakes up the soldiers.
10. How does Eugene react to Rowena when she talks about herself?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)