|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What duty is James Hennesey on?
(a) KP duty.
(b) Guard duty.
(c) Office duty.
(d) Latrine duty.
2. What did the men hang Epstein up by?
(a) Epstein's belt.
(b) A towing chain.
(c) A rope.
(d) A bed sheet.
3. How long is basic training?
(a) Ten weeks.
(b) Fifteen weeks.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Twenty weeks.
4. What does Epstein say that Eugene is?
(a) An audience member, not a star.
(b) A passenger, not a driver.
(c) A bystander, not a player.
(d) A witness, not a participant.
5. What does Selridge suggest the soldiers should bet on?
(a) Who has the best fantasy for their last days alive.
(b) Who has the best fantasy for getting back at Toomey.
(c) Who has the best fantasy for their homecoming.
(d) Who has the best fantasy for getting out of the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
2. How many young men are on stage at the beginning of Act 1?
3. What does Eugene tell Carney he is afraid of?
4. What year is the play set in?
5. What does Epstein want to do to the two men who abused him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Eugene talk to at the end of the scene, and why?
2. How do the other soldiers react when Toomey obeys his punishment?
3. What kind of person is Eugene hoping to meet?
4. What does Hennessey's fantasy say about his character?
5. What does Rowena say about her home life?
6. How does Eugene react to the men reading his notebook?
7. Describe Rowena's personality.
8. What is Toomey's strategy for punishing Eugene for his answers?
9. Where has Eugene traveled in the past?
10. Describe Arnold Epstein's eating habits.
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)