|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Toomey say the march will be?
(a) Through the woods.
(b) Through the marshes and swamps.
(c) Around the lake.
(d) Around the town.
2. How many sex positions does Selridge say there are?
3. What is Eugene hiding behind in the prostitute's room?
(a) The bathroom door.
(b) A screen.
(c) A window curtain.
(d) A couch.
4. What did the men hang Epstein up by?
(a) A bed sheet.
(b) A rope.
(c) Epstein's belt.
(d) A towing chain.
5. What is the correct answer for the men to answer when their name is called in the roll?
(a) Here, Sir!
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Epstein call Toomey?
2. What does the prostitute do when Eugene gets into bed?
3. How does Eugene feel about the army?
4. What overseas location did Toomey serve in?
5. Where does the prostitute say she's from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Toomey tell the soldiers about their future service in the war?
2. What does Toomey want from the soldiers?
3. What does Epstein offer to do for the other soldiers?
4. What is Toomey's strategy for punishing Eugene for his answers?
5. Describe Rowena's personality.
6. What are Eugene's goals during the war?
7. What two ways does Toomey say he might treat the boys?
8. Why is everyone surprised about what Eugene has written about them?
9. What does Toomey do to punish Eugene during the march?
10. How does Toomey treat Epstein, and why?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)