|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Act 1, Scene 3 set?
(a) The barracks.
(b) The target range.
(c) The mess hall.
(d) The officer's club.
2. What does Wykowski promise not to do to Epstein anymore?
(a) Argue with him.
(b) Beat him.
(c) Not believe him.
(d) Use ethnic insults on him.
3. Does the prostitute want Eugene to come out?
(a) No, and she says Eugene doesn't have to pay her.
(b) No, as long as she gets paid.
(c) Yes, the prostitute tries to coax him out.
(d) Yes, but the prostitute lets him hide as long as he wants.
4. What is notable about Joseph's eating habits?
(a) He can eat anything.
(b) He fasts on Sundays.
(c) He is allergic to milk and wheat.
(d) He never eats before noon.
5. Whose greeting of Toomey is less friendly than the other soldiers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wins the contest for the best fantasy?
2. What grade does the judge give Carney for his fantasy?
3. What is Eugene hiding behind in the prostitute's room?
4. How does Eugene feel about the army?
5. Who does Toomey punish with exercises because of Eugene's answer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of a person is Arnold?
2. How does Toomey treat Epstein, and why?
3. How do Daisy and Eugene end up dancing?
4. What does Toomey do to punish Eugene during the march?
5. What does Arnold's fantasy say about his character?
6. What two ways does Toomey say he might treat the boys?
7. How does the army find out the identity of the escaped soldier?
8. Describe Rowena's personality.
9. Which soldiers does Toomey not let leave the table, and why?
10. Why is Eugene uncomfortable and nervous in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)