|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wykowski promise not to do to Epstein anymore?
(a) Use ethnic insults on him.
(b) Beat him.
(c) Argue with him.
(d) Not believe him.
2. What does Eugene tell the prostitute about his past sex life?
(a) That he's married.
(b) That he's never had sex.
(c) That this is his second time.
(d) That he's had sex many times.
3. How long a march does Toomey say he's taking the soldiers on?
(a) Five miles.
(b) Ten miles.
(c) Twenty miles.
(d) Fifteen miles.
4. What borough of New York City is Arnold Epstein from?
(b) The Bronx.
(c) Staten Island.
5. What does Selridge suggest the soldiers should bet on?
(a) Who has the best fantasy for getting back at Toomey.
(b) Who has the best fantasy for their homecoming.
(c) Who has the best fantasy for their last days alive.
(d) Who has the best fantasy for getting out of the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Donald's sister look like?
2. Where is Arnold Epstein sleeping at the beginning of Act 1?
3. Who does the prostitute live with?
4. Who does Toomey punish with exercises because of Eugene's answer?
5. What is missing from Wykowski's wallet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Carney upset at what Eugene wrote?
2. What courtesy does Epstein give Eugene that none of the other soldiers do?
3. How does Eugene react to the men reading his notebook?
4. How does Eugene react to Rowena when she talks about herself?
5. Describe Rowena's personality.
6. What does Roy think of himself?
7. What kind of a person is Arnold?
8. Where has Eugene traveled in the past?
9. What state is Toomey in during Act 2, Scene 7?
10. Describe Eugene's relationship with the other boys.
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)