|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Hennesey been assigned to the duty he's on?
(a) Thirteen days.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Thirty days.
(d) Seventeen days.
2. What does the prostitute do when Eugene gets into bed?
(a) Turns on some music.
(b) Goes into the bathroom.
(c) Turns out the lights.
(d) Brings him a drink.
3. Does Eugene have sex with the prostitute?
(a) No, and he tells his friends he couldn't do it.
(b) Yes, and he takes longer than any of his friends.
(c) No, and he lies to his friends.
(d) Yes, but it lasts just a moment.
4. Who didn't flush one of the johns in the latrine after Epstein cleaned it?
(a) The company commander and a tall, thin MP.
(b) The motor pool sergeant and a bald man.
(c) The cook and another overweight man.
(d) Toomey and a short, stocky captain.
5. What is notable about Joseph's eating habits?
(a) He fasts on Sundays.
(b) He never eats before noon.
(c) He can eat anything.
(d) He is allergic to milk and wheat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wins the contest for the best fantasy?
2. What duty is James Hennesey on?
3. What does the prostitute ask Eugene when he comes out from hiding?
4. Who is the judge of the game the soldiers play?
5. What overseas location did Toomey serve in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the soldiers' new sergeant like?
2. What is Toomey's strategy for punishing Eugene for his answers?
3. What two ways does Toomey say he might treat the boys?
4. Why is Carney upset at what Eugene wrote?
5. Describe Rowena's personality.
6. How does Eugene convince Daisy to kiss him?
7. What does Arnold's fantasy say about his character?
8. What does Toomey tell the soldiers about their future service in the war?
9. What does Daisy have to abstain from because of the religious holiday?
10. What does it show about Carney's character that he talks to Eugene about what Eugene wrote?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)