|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What permanent reminder of an injury does Toomey have?
(a) A steel plate in his head.
(b) A long scar on his shoulder.
(c) A bullet lodged near his heart.
(d) A metal screw in his leg.
2. What does Selridge suggest the soldiers should bet on?
(a) Who has the best fantasy for getting out of the army.
(b) Who has the best fantasy for their last days alive.
(c) Who has the best fantasy for their homecoming.
(d) Who has the best fantasy for getting back at Toomey.
3. What do the boys eat at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Powdered eggs.
(b) Dry salami.
(c) Chopped liver.
(d) Chipped beef on toast.
4. Where is Donald Carney from?
(a) Greensboro, North Carolina.
(b) Montclair, New Jersey.
(c) Montpelier, Vermont.
(d) Wilmington, Delaware.
5. What objection does Carney give to his assigned punishment?
(a) He is too tired from the journey.
(b) He has a bad back.
(c) He can't do that many exercises.
(d) He doesn't want to ruffle his uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy stick in Joseph's face?
2. What do the soldiers discuss as they prepare for their 2-day pass?
3. Who confesses to stealing Wykowski's money?
4. What is notable about Joseph's eating habits?
5. What does Donald's sister look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Arnold's fantasy say about his character?
2. What two ways does Toomey say he might treat the boys?
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 7, how does Eugene say his relationship with Daisy has developed?
4. Why does Carney decide not to visit the prostitute?
5. What is the scene at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 9 reminiscent of?
6. What does Rowena say about her home life?
7. How does Hennessey react when Toomey asks Hennessey to follow him?
8. What does Hennessey do when he tries to defend Epstein and Eugene?
9. What does Toomey do to punish Eugene during the march?
10. How does Eugene feel at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)