|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is basic training?
(a) Ten weeks.
(b) Fifteen weeks.
(c) Twenty weeks.
(d) Five weeks.
2. What do the boys eat at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Chopped liver.
(b) Dry salami.
(c) Chipped beef on toast.
(d) Powdered eggs.
3. How does Eugene say the environment smells?
(a) It stinks.
(b) It smells fresh.
(c) It smells empty.
(d) It smells delicious.
4. How many sex positions does Eugene say there are?
(a) At least fifty-two.
(b) At least eighty-eight.
(c) At least seventy-four.
(d) At least sixty-eight.
5. How do the other soldiers respond to Carney's fantasy?
(a) They tease him.
(b) They are awestruck by it.
(c) They disqualify him from the game.
(d) They get angry with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What borough of New York City is Arnold Epstein from?
2. How does Eugene feel about the prospect of sex with a prostitute?
3. How long is Wykowski with the prostitute?
4. Where does Eugene tell the prostitute he's from?
5. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is everyone surprised about what Eugene has written about them?
2. How do the other soldiers react when Toomey obeys his punishment?
3. Where has Eugene traveled in the past?
4. What does Epstein object to about Toomey's style?
5. What does Eugene tell Wykowski about his motives?
6. Which soldiers does Toomey not let leave the table, and why?
7. What is Toomey's strategy for punishing Eugene for his answers?
8. What courtesy does Epstein give Eugene that none of the other soldiers do?
9. How long is Selridge in with the prostitute?
10. What kind of person is Eugene hoping to meet?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)