|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Epstein call Toomey?
(a) A Neanderthal.
(b) A bourgeoise.
(c) A hick.
(d) A bully.
2. What is the prostitute doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What did the men in the latrine do to Epstein's head?
(a) Put his head in a dirty toilet.
(b) Crack his head against the floor.
(c) Bang his head against the sink.
(d) Crush his head in the door.
4. Does Eugene have sex with the prostitute?
(a) No, and he lies to his friends.
(b) No, and he tells his friends he couldn't do it.
(c) Yes, but it lasts just a moment.
(d) Yes, and he takes longer than any of his friends.
5. What is wrong with Roy's mouth?
(a) His mouth tastes like soap.
(b) He has 19 cavities.
(c) He lost his front teeth.
(d) He needs a root canal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the other soldiers respond to Carney's fantasy?
2. What city is Roy from?
3. Where is Arnold Epstein sleeping at the beginning of Act 1?
4. What does Donald's sister look like?
5. What did the two men Epstein confronted in the latrine call him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the other soldiers react when Toomey obeys his punishment?
2. What prevented Eugene from seeing any action in the war?
3. What does Daisy tell Eugene she will always know, if he winds up with another girl?
4. Describe Eugene's relationship with the other boys.
5. Where has Eugene traveled in the past?
6. What does Toomey do to punish Eugene during the march?
7. What does Rowena say about her home life?
8. How does Hennessey react when Toomey asks Hennessey to follow him?
9. What is the soldiers' new sergeant like?
10. What communications does Eugene still have with Daisy?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)