|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eugene tell Carney he is afraid of?
(a) Looking foolish.
(b) Getting sick.
(c) Being sinful.
2. Why does the judge give Hennessy a good grade for his fantasy?
(a) For lewdness.
(b) For creativity.
(c) For honesty.
(d) For originality.
3. How long is Wykowski with the prostitute?
(a) Over two hours.
(b) Only five minutes.
(c) Exactly fifteen minutes.
(d) Over a half an hour.
4. Where is Arnold Epstein sleeping at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) On a floor.
(b) On a baggage rack.
(c) In a haystack.
(d) Leaning against a pole.
5. What does Epstein claim he saw?
(a) Toomey stealing the money.
(b) Toomey paying off the commander.
(c) Toomey beating a soldier.
(d) Toomey searching the barracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eugene tell the prostitute he's from?
2. What does the prostitute do when Eugene gets into bed?
3. What does Wykowski say that the prostitute told him?
4. How long has Hennesey been assigned to the duty he's on?
5. What borough of New York City is Arnold Epstein from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eugene react to the men reading his notebook?
2. Why is Carney upset at what Eugene wrote?
3. How do Daisy and Eugene end up dancing?
4. What does Eugene say about his feelings at the end of Act 2, Scene 8?
5. What does Daisy have to abstain from because of the religious holiday?
6. Why is Eugene uncomfortable and nervous in Act 2, Scene 1?
7. What does Roy think of himself?
8. What does Epstein threaten that he will do to Wykowski on the troopship?
9. What does Rowena say about her home life?
10. What kind of person is Eugene hoping to meet?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)