|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Hennesey been assigned to the duty he's on?
(a) Thirteen days.
(b) Seventeen days.
(c) Thirty days.
(d) Eight days.
2. What is notable about Joseph's eating habits?
(a) He fasts on Sundays.
(b) He can eat anything.
(c) He is allergic to milk and wheat.
(d) He never eats before noon.
3. What does Epstein want to do to the two men who abused him?
(a) Turn them in.
(b) Get them kicked out of the army.
(c) Torture them.
(d) Kill them.
4. How does Eugene feel about the prospect of sex with a prostitute?
(a) He's excited and can't wait to start.
(b) He's angry that he's gotten himself in this mess.
(c) He's nervous because he might get a disease.
(d) He doesn't want his first time to be this way.
5. Who wins the contest for the best fantasy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prostitute tell Eugene he should do to look older?
2. How did Epstein get down?
3. Who didn't flush one of the johns in the latrine after Epstein cleaned it?
4. How does Eugene feel about the army?
5. What does Epstein call Toomey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What courtesy does Epstein give Eugene that none of the other soldiers do?
2. What does Epstein threaten that he will do to Wykowski on the troopship?
3. What kind of person is Eugene hoping to meet?
4. What does Eugene say about his feelings at the end of Act 2, Scene 8?
5. How do the other soldiers react when Toomey obeys his punishment?
6. Why is Eugene uncomfortable and nervous in Act 2, Scene 1?
7. How does the army find out the identity of the escaped soldier?
8. What does Hennessey do when he tries to defend Epstein and Eugene?
9. How does Toomey treat Epstein, and why?
10. Which soldiers does Toomey not let leave the table, and why?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)