|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James refill?
(a) A salt shaker.
(b) A cream jar.
(c) A jam pot.
(d) A sugar jar.
2. What is the setting of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A car.
(b) A train coach.
(c) A back porch.
(d) A kitchen.
3. What did the two men Epstein confronted in the latrine call him?
(a) A Kike.
(b) A bookworm.
(c) A four-eyes.
(d) A goody-two-shoes.
4. What does Epstein have in order to prove he has a bad stomach?
(a) An x-ray.
(b) Blood test results.
(c) A note from his doctor.
(d) A note from his mother.
5. What does Eugene tell the prostitute about his past sex life?
(a) That he's had sex many times.
(b) That he's married.
(c) That he's never had sex.
(d) That this is his second time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Selridge suggest the soldiers should bet on?
2. What does Epstein call Toomey?
3. What did the men hang Epstein up by?
4. What year is the play set in?
5. What does the prostitute do when Eugene gets into bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eugene react to Rowena when she talks about herself?
2. How does the army find out the identity of the escaped soldier?
3. What is Daisy doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
4. Compare Carney and Selridge's fantasies.
5. What courtesy does Epstein give Eugene that none of the other soldiers do?
6. What does Daisy have to abstain from because of the religious holiday?
7. What does Epstein offer to do for the other soldiers?
8. Where has Eugene traveled in the past?
9. How does Eugene convince Daisy to kiss him?
10. At the end of Act 2, Scene 7, how does Eugene say his relationship with Daisy has developed?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)