|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carney say about Eugene in reaction to Eugene's writings?
(a) That Eugene is paranoid.
(b) That Eugene is writing fiction.
(c) That Eugene is psychotic.
(d) That Eugene doesn't really know him.
2. How soon does Daisy have to be back?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) Twenty minutes.
(d) Five minutes.
3. What is Selridge's new job at the end of the play?
(a) An army cook.
(b) A general's driver.
(c) A sergeant training recruits.
(d) A sergeant in charge of the motor pool.
4. What does Epstein threaten to do to Wykowski?
(a) Get promoted and courtmartial him.
(b) Become a priest and excommunicate him.
(c) Become his sergeant and get him killed.
(d) Become an immigration officer and ship him back to Polland.
5. What job did Eugene get in the army?
(a) A job disarming bombs.
(b) A job writing for Stars and Stripes.
(c) A job taking arial photographs.
(d) A job decoding enemy transmissions.
6. How does Eugene feel about Daisy?
(a) He doesn't want to see her again.
(b) He thinks she would be good for Epstein.
(c) He feels he could fall in love with her.
(d) He is afraid of her.
7. How did the unidentified soldier escape?
(a) By knocking down two officers.
(b) Through a window.
(c) By using a gun.
(d) Through a back door.
8. What does Toomey say is necessary for victory?
9. Who does Toomey say Epstein must report to his army superiors?
10. What is one of the interests Eugene and Daisy talk about?
11. What does Carney do at the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Falls asleep.
12. What excuse does Epstein use for not stopping the reading?
(a) Epstein was afraid to get beat up.
(b) Epstein wants to hear what the journal says.
(c) Eugene left his locker open.
(d) Epstein doesn't want to be hated.
13. What does Toomey ask Epstein?
(a) Whether he hates Toomey.
(b) Whether he hates the army.
(c) Whether he hates himself.
(d) Whether he hates the other men.
14. Where does Eugene go to avoid what's about to happen?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) In the closet.
(d) In the latrine.
15. Why does Daisy resist Eugene's advance on her?
(a) Because a nun is watching.
(b) Because she doesn't like him.
(c) Because she's not sure how she feels.
(d) Because it's a religious holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence does Wykowski cite to accuse Epstein of being the escaped soldier?
2. What does Epstein refuse to do, after Toomey has threatened him?
3. Where does Eugene leave go the end of the scene?
4. Where is Toomey leaving the base to go?
5. What happened to Daisy?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)