|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carney do at the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
(d) Falls asleep.
2. Where does Epstein say Wykowski should go if Epstein goes to jail?
(b) The war.
(c) The stables.
(d) The latrine.
3. Where was Wykowski wounded?
(a) On his head.
(b) In the right leg.
(c) In the left arm.
(d) On his rear end.
4. Who holds Eugene when he tries to get the notebook back?
5. What happened to Epstein?
(a) He was killed by enemy fire.
(b) He is missing in action.
(c) He went AWOL and was arrested.
(d) He was killed by friendly fire.
6. How close does Eugene feel from being a writer?
(a) Sometimes close and sometimes far away.
(b) Like he's already there.
(c) Very close.
(d) A long way off.
7. Two years later, where is Eugene headed?
(b) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
8. Where is Carney at the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Inside the mess tent.
(b) Outside the barracks.
(c) Outside the mess tent.
(d) Inside the barracks.
9. Why does Eugene say he comes to dances?
(a) To find someone to have fun with.
(b) To find someone to marry.
(c) To find someone to talk to.
(d) To find a girlfriend.
10. Why does Eugene say Carney can't be counted on?
(a) Eugene says Carney is selfish.
(b) Eugene says Carney is unlucky.
(c) Eugene says Carny is self-destructive.
(d) Eugene says Carney is indecisive.
11. What does Epstein refuse to do, after Toomey has threatened him?
(a) Talk to Toomey.
(b) File charges against Toomey.
(c) Give up the army.
(d) Do push-ups for Toomey.
12. What is Daisy's response to Eugene's declaration?
(a) That she doesn't really know him.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) That she just wants to have fun.
(d) That she doesn't want to see him anymore.
13. What is Eugene doing at the beginning of the scene?
14. What does Eugene tell Carney?
(a) He tells him about Rowena.
(b) He apologizes.
(c) He pretends to be a chronic liar.
(d) He tells him to leave.
15. What does Epstein tell Eugene to leave out of his writing?
(a) Petty details.
(b) Long, convoluted sentences.
(c) Unnecessary, fancy words.
(d) The truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eugene say happened to his locker key?
2. What gift does Daisy give Eugene?
3. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3, who is reading Eugene's notebook?
4. Where is the U.S.O. dance located?
5. Where does Act 2, Scene 8 take place?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)