|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eugene tell the other soldiers about Rowena?
(a) That she is nothing special.
(b) That she is a real person.
(c) That she isn't worth going back to again.
(d) That she is a woman he could love.
2. How does Eugene feel about not going into combat?
(c) Somewhat guilty.
(d) Very relieved.
3. Where does Act 2, Scene 4 take place?
(a) Inside the latrine.
(b) On a trail through the swamp.
(c) On the steps outside the barracks.
(d) Behind the mess hall.
4. What does Toomey say that Epstein will do, so that Toomey will win the fantasy game?
(a) Live through the war.
(b) Serve the army overseas.
(c) Remember him during the war.
(d) Obey army regulations.
5. What does Eugene tell Daisy?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) That he wants to sleep with her.
(c) That he misses her.
(d) That he wants to marry her.
6. What does Daisy do after Eugene refuses to dance?
(a) She starts to cry.
(b) She gives up trying to get him to dance.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She begins to walk away.
7. What happened to Daisy?
(a) She married a doctor.
(b) She ran off to California to be an actress.
(c) She is waiting for Eugene to come home.
(d) She joined a convent.
8. Two years later, where is Eugene headed?
(a) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
9. What does Daisy resist Eugene doing?
(a) Dancing with her.
(b) Kissing her.
(c) Hugging her.
(d) Holding her hand.
10. How does Eugene feel about Daisy?
(a) He doesn't want to see her again.
(b) He feels he could fall in love with her.
(c) He thinks she would be good for Epstein.
(d) He is afraid of her.
11. How did the unidentified soldier escape?
(a) By using a gun.
(b) Through a back door.
(c) By knocking down two officers.
(d) Through a window.
12. Where does Eugene go to avoid what's about to happen?
(b) In the closet.
(c) In the latrine.
(d) Under the bed.
13. Why does Daisy resist Eugene's advance on her?
(a) Because it's a religious holiday.
(b) Because a nun is watching.
(c) Because she's not sure how she feels.
(d) Because she doesn't like him.
14. What does Eugene's notebook say about Carney?
(a) Eugene trusts Carney more than any of the others.
(b) Eugene dislikes him but hides it.
(c) Eugene likes him but can't depend on him in a tough situation.
(d) Eugene cannot stand Carney and secretly plays tricks on him.
15. Who objects to reading Eugene's personal papers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will interrupt them if Daisy and Eugene talk too long?
2. What does Epstein refuse to do, after Toomey has threatened him?
3. Where does Eugene leave go the end of the scene?
4. What does Epstein threaten to do to Wykowski?
5. What is the status of Toomey's army career?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)