|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Epstein say Wykowski should go if Epstein goes to jail?
(a) The stables.
(b) The latrine.
(d) The war.
2. How does Eugene's notebook say that Selridge eats?
(a) Like a shark eating fish.
(b) Like an ape eating bananas.
(c) Like a horse eating oats.
(d) Like an elephant eating peanuts.
3. What objectives does Eugene have left to achieve in the army?
(a) To fall in love and become a writer.
(b) To get married and stay alive.
(c) To become a writer and get married.
(d) To become a writer and stay alive.
4. Who comes to sit with Eugene?
5. What excuse does Epstein use for not stopping the reading?
(a) Epstein was afraid to get beat up.
(b) Epstein doesn't want to be hated.
(c) Epstein wants to hear what the journal says.
(d) Eugene left his locker open.
6. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3, who is reading Eugene's notebook?
7. What does Eugene tell Daisy?
(a) That he wants to marry her.
(b) That he loves her.
(c) That he wants to sleep with her.
(d) That he misses her.
8. Why does Eugene say he comes to dances?
(a) To find a girlfriend.
(b) To find someone to have fun with.
(c) To find someone to talk to.
(d) To find someone to marry.
9. What happened to Daisy?
(a) She joined a convent.
(b) She ran off to California to be an actress.
(c) She married a doctor.
(d) She is waiting for Eugene to come home.
10. What does Toomey say that Epstein will do, so that Toomey will win the fantasy game?
(a) Serve the army overseas.
(b) Remember him during the war.
(c) Live through the war.
(d) Obey army regulations.
11. How do the boys feel about Toomey after four weeks with their new sergeant?
(a) They miss him.
(b) They feel angry at him.
(c) They feel sorry for him.
(d) They hate him even more.
12. What does Eugene say when Daisy asks him to dance?
(a) He says he never dances.
(b) He says dancing makes him sad.
(c) He says they should wait for a slow song.
(d) He says he's hurt his foot.
13. Where does Eugene go to avoid what's about to happen?
(b) In the closet.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) In the latrine.
14. What was Carney hospitalized for?
(a) Depression and neurological problems.
(c) Catatonic schitzophrenia.
(d) A wound from a grenade.
15. What is one of the interests Eugene and Daisy talk about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Wykowski wounded?
2. How does Rowena react when Eugene visits her again?
3. Where is Daisy from?
4. Why is Eugene upset?
5. What fantasy does Toomey have?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)