|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toomey ask Epstein?
(a) Whether he hates the army.
(b) Whether he hates Toomey.
(c) Whether he hates the other men.
(d) Whether he hates himself.
2. What punishment does Epstein give Toomey?
(a) Being laughed at by the soldiers.
(b) Two hundred push-ups.
(c) Reciting his wrongs before the platoon.
(d) Walking through camp in his underwear.
3. What objectives does Eugene have left to achieve in the army?
(a) To become a writer and stay alive.
(b) To fall in love and become a writer.
(c) To become a writer and get married.
(d) To get married and stay alive.
4. Who will interrupt them if Daisy and Eugene talk too long?
(a) A nun.
(b) An officer.
(c) A priest.
(d) A teacher.
5. What does Toomey tell Epstein to take from him?
(a) Toomey's decorations.
(b) Toomey's sword.
(c) Toomey's clipboard.
(d) Toomey's gun.
6. Where was the escaped soldier seen?
(a) Entering the officers' club.
(b) Entering the motor pool.
(c) Entering Toomey's troops' barracks.
(d) Entering the mess tent.
7. How does Eugene feel about Daisy?
(a) He is afraid of her.
(b) He thinks she would be good for Epstein.
(c) He doesn't want to see her again.
(d) He feels he could fall in love with her.
8. What does Eugene need to do while he dances?
(a) Hum the music.
(b) Tap his fingers.
(c) Count the steps.
(d) Nod his head.
9. What happened to Epstein?
(a) He was killed by friendly fire.
(b) He went AWOL and was arrested.
(c) He is missing in action.
(d) He was killed by enemy fire.
10. What did Eugene write about Toomey?
(a) That he's brainwashing the soldiers.
(b) That he's killing the soldiers' consciences.
(c) That he's setting the soldiers up for failure.
(d) That he's afraid of the soldiers.
11. Why does Eugene say that his moment with Daisy is important?
(a) Because they are in love for the first time.
(b) Because soon they will be grown up.
(c) Because each moment is important.
(d) Because the war will change their world.
12. What does Eugene say happened to his locker key?
(a) He dropped it in the mess tent.
(b) He left it in the hotel room.
(c) He dropped it on a march.
(d) He lost it in the shower drain.
13. Who comes to sit with Eugene?
14. What does Eugene tell Carney?
(a) He pretends to be a chronic liar.
(b) He apologizes.
(c) He tells him to leave.
(d) He tells him about Rowena.
15. Why is Eugene upset?
(a) He is graduating basic training soon.
(b) He is getting transferred to a midwestern base soon.
(c) He is getting out of the army soon.
(d) He is likely shipping out soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who objects to reading Eugene's personal papers?
2. What is one of the interests Eugene and Daisy talk about?
3. Who said something similar to what Eugene wrote about Carney?
4. What does Toomey say that Epstein will do, so that Toomey will win the fantasy game?
5. Where does Act 2, Scene 4 take place?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)