|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eugene do to a page of his journal?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Puts it under his pillow.
(c) Makes a paper airplane.
(d) Rips it up.
2. What does Eugene need to do while he dances?
(a) Tap his fingers.
(b) Hum the music.
(c) Count the steps.
(d) Nod his head.
3. How long a jail sentence did Hennessey get?
(a) Six months.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Three months.
(d) One year.
4. What does Daisy do after Eugene refuses to dance?
(a) She starts to cry.
(b) She gives up trying to get him to dance.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She begins to walk away.
5. What evidence does Wykowski cite to accuse Epstein of being the escaped soldier?
(a) Epstein's disarrayed locker.
(b) Epstein's rumpled sheets.
(c) Eugene's journal.
(d) Epstein's bootprints.
6. How did the unidentified soldier escape?
(a) Through a window.
(b) By using a gun.
(c) Through a back door.
(d) By knocking down two officers.
7. What excuse does Epstein use for not stopping the reading?
(a) Eugene left his locker open.
(b) Epstein was afraid to get beat up.
(c) Epstein doesn't want to be hated.
(d) Epstein wants to hear what the journal says.
8. What is Eugene doing at the beginning of the scene?
9. What causes Eugene to think that Private Lindstrom must have talked?
(a) There is a PA announcement.
(b) The phone rings.
(c) The officers start gathering across the camp.
(d) An alarm rings.
10. What mood is Eugene in at the beginning of the scene?
11. Where was the escaped soldier seen?
(a) Entering the mess tent.
(b) Entering Toomey's troops' barracks.
(c) Entering the officers' club.
(d) Entering the motor pool.
12. What happened to Daisy?
(a) She is waiting for Eugene to come home.
(b) She married a doctor.
(c) She ran off to California to be an actress.
(d) She joined a convent.
13. What is Eugene's new watchword?
14. What is Selridge's new job at the end of the play?
(a) An army cook.
(b) A sergeant in charge of the motor pool.
(c) A general's driver.
(d) A sergeant training recruits.
15. What is the status of Toomey's army career?
(a) It's heading upward.
(b) It's over.
(c) It's shaky.
(d) It's on hold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Two years later, where is Eugene headed?
2. Where is the U.S.O. dance located?
3. What does Toomey say that Epstein will do, so that Toomey will win the fantasy game?
4. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3, who is reading Eugene's notebook?
5. Why does Eugene say Carney can't be counted on?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)