|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Epstein threaten to do to Wykowski?
(a) Get promoted and courtmartial him.
(b) Become his sergeant and get him killed.
(c) Become an immigration officer and ship him back to Polland.
(d) Become a priest and excommunicate him.
2. What religious holiday is it?
(a) Ash Wednesday.
(c) Good Friday.
3. Why is Eugene upset?
(a) He is likely shipping out soon.
(b) He is getting transferred to a midwestern base soon.
(c) He is getting out of the army soon.
(d) He is graduating basic training soon.
4. Why does Eugene say he comes to dances?
(a) To find someone to have fun with.
(b) To find a girlfriend.
(c) To find someone to marry.
(d) To find someone to talk to.
5. What is the status of Toomey's army career?
(a) It's heading upward.
(b) It's shaky.
(c) It's on hold.
(d) It's over.
6. What does Toomey say that Epstein will do, so that Toomey will win the fantasy game?
(a) Serve the army overseas.
(b) Live through the war.
(c) Remember him during the war.
(d) Obey army regulations.
7. What happened to Epstein?
(a) He was killed by friendly fire.
(b) He was killed by enemy fire.
(c) He went AWOL and was arrested.
(d) He is missing in action.
8. Two years later, where is Eugene headed?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
9. What does Toomey say is necessary for victory?
10. How soon does Daisy have to be back?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Twenty minutes.
(d) Five minutes.
11. What does Toomey tell Epstein to take from him?
(a) Toomey's gun.
(b) Toomey's decorations.
(c) Toomey's sword.
(d) Toomey's clipboard.
12. What is Selridge's new job at the end of the play?
(a) A sergeant training recruits.
(b) A sergeant in charge of the motor pool.
(c) An army cook.
(d) A general's driver.
13. How did the unidentified soldier escape?
(a) By knocking down two officers.
(b) Through a back door.
(c) By using a gun.
(d) Through a window.
14. What does Daisy do after Eugene refuses to dance?
(a) She starts to cry.
(b) She gives up trying to get him to dance.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She begins to walk away.
15. What lesson does Eugene say he's learned?
(a) People believe what they read.
(b) People believe the worst of each other.
(c) What people believe becomes true.
(d) People believe what they want to believe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who objects to reading Eugene's personal papers?
2. Who holds Eugene when he tries to get the notebook back?
3. What excuse does Epstein use for not stopping the reading?
4. Where does Act 2, Scene 4 take place?
5. Who does Toomey call out from the barracks?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)