|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eugene say that his moment with Daisy is important?
(a) Because soon they will be grown up.
(b) Because they are in love for the first time.
(c) Because each moment is important.
(d) Because the war will change their world.
2. What type of school does Daisy go to?
(a) An all-girls public school.
(b) An all-girls Catholic school.
(c) An expensive private finishing school.
(d) A state university.
3. What does Carney say about Eugene in reaction to Eugene's writings?
(a) That Eugene is psychotic.
(b) That Eugene doesn't really know him.
(c) That Eugene is writing fiction.
(d) That Eugene is paranoid.
4. Who objects to reading Eugene's personal papers?
5. Where is Carney at the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Outside the barracks.
(b) Outside the mess tent.
(c) Inside the mess tent.
(d) Inside the barracks.
6. What does Daisy say she can't do with Eugene?
(a) Take a walk.
(b) Have lunch.
(c) Go to the park.
(d) Go to a movie.
7. What does Eugene tell Carney?
(a) He pretends to be a chronic liar.
(b) He apologizes.
(c) He tells him to leave.
(d) He tells him about Rowena.
8. What lesson does Eugene say he's learned?
(a) What people believe becomes true.
(b) People believe what they read.
(c) People believe the worst of each other.
(d) People believe what they want to believe.
9. What does Eugene do to a page of his journal?
(a) Makes a paper airplane.
(b) Rips it up.
(c) Puts it under his pillow.
(d) Burns it.
10. What does Toomey do to get Epstein to take a drink?
(a) Toomey takes Epstein by the throat.
(b) Toomey threatens to courtmartial Epstein.
(c) Toomey points a gun at Epstein.
(d) Toomey threatens to punish the other men.
11. How long does Daisy have to talk to a boy at the dance?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) Three minutes.
(d) Twenty minutes.
12. What does Eugene tell Daisy?
(a) That he misses her.
(b) That he loves her.
(c) That he wants to sleep with her.
(d) That he wants to marry her.
13. What does Toomey ask Epstein?
(a) Whether he hates the army.
(b) Whether he hates Toomey.
(c) Whether he hates the other men.
(d) Whether he hates himself.
14. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3, who is reading Eugene's notebook?
15. Who does Toomey call out from the barracks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eugene leave go the end of the scene?
2. Does Carney understand Eugene's point of view after Eugene explains what he wrote?
3. How does Eugene feel about not going into combat?
4. What does Eugene tell Daisy he wants to be?
5. Why does Eugene say Carney can't be counted on?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)