|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two years later, where is Eugene headed?
(a) New York.
(b) New Jersey.
2. Why does Eugene say that his moment with Daisy is important?
(a) Because the war will change their world.
(b) Because soon they will be grown up.
(c) Because each moment is important.
(d) Because they are in love for the first time.
3. How long does Daisy have to talk to a boy at the dance?
(a) Twenty minutes.
(b) Three minutes.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Half an hour.
4. Why does Eugene say Carney can't be counted on?
(a) Eugene says Carney is unlucky.
(b) Eugene says Carney is selfish.
(c) Eugene says Carney is indecisive.
(d) Eugene says Carny is self-destructive.
5. What does Eugene tell Carney?
(a) He tells him to leave.
(b) He apologizes.
(c) He pretends to be a chronic liar.
(d) He tells him about Rowena.
6. How does Eugene feel about Daisy?
(a) He is afraid of her.
(b) He feels he could fall in love with her.
(c) He thinks she would be good for Epstein.
(d) He doesn't want to see her again.
7. Who does Toomey call out from the barracks?
8. What lesson does Eugene say he's learned?
(a) People believe what they read.
(b) People believe what they want to believe.
(c) People believe the worst of each other.
(d) What people believe becomes true.
9. What does Daisy say she can't do with Eugene?
(a) Have lunch.
(b) Go to a movie.
(c) Go to the park.
(d) Take a walk.
10. What is Eugene doing at the beginning of the scene?
11. Who comes to sit with Eugene?
12. Who objects to reading Eugene's personal papers?
13. How did the unidentified soldier escape?
(a) Through a back door.
(b) By knocking down two officers.
(c) Through a window.
(d) By using a gun.
14. Where does Eugene go to avoid what's about to happen?
(a) In the closet.
(b) Under the bed.
(d) In the latrine.
15. Why does Eugene say he comes to dances?
(a) To find someone to have fun with.
(b) To find someone to marry.
(c) To find a girlfriend.
(d) To find someone to talk to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the U.S.O. dance located?
2. How soon does Daisy have to be back?
3. Why does Daisy resist Eugene's advance on her?
4. What punishment does Epstein give Toomey?
5. What does Toomey tell Epstein to take from him?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)