|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Epstein threaten to do to Wykowski?
(a) Become a priest and excommunicate him.
(b) Become his sergeant and get him killed.
(c) Get promoted and courtmartial him.
(d) Become an immigration officer and ship him back to Polland.
2. Where does Eugene go to avoid what's about to happen?
(a) Under the bed.
(c) In the closet.
(d) In the latrine.
3. Who comes to sit with Eugene?
4. Why is Eugene upset?
(a) He is graduating basic training soon.
(b) He is getting out of the army soon.
(c) He is getting transferred to a midwestern base soon.
(d) He is likely shipping out soon.
5. What is Daisy's response to Eugene's declaration?
(a) That she just wants to have fun.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) That she doesn't really know him.
(d) That she doesn't want to see him anymore.
6. Where is Toomey leaving the base to go?
(a) An overseas assignment.
(b) A verteran's hospital.
(c) An officer's retirement home.
(d) A prison.
7. Where is Daisy from?
(a) Decatur, Mississippi.
(b) Mathiston, Mississippi.
(c) Crowder, Mississippi.
(d) Gulfport, Mississippi.
8. How does Eugene feel about Daisy?
(a) He doesn't want to see her again.
(b) He feels he could fall in love with her.
(c) He thinks she would be good for Epstein.
(d) He is afraid of her.
9. What evidence does Wykowski cite to accuse Epstein of being the escaped soldier?
(a) Epstein's bootprints.
(b) Epstein's disarrayed locker.
(c) Epstein's rumpled sheets.
(d) Eugene's journal.
10. What does Epstein tell Eugene to leave out of his writing?
(a) Long, convoluted sentences.
(b) Unnecessary, fancy words.
(c) The truth.
(d) Petty details.
11. Where is Carney at the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Inside the barracks.
(b) Inside the mess tent.
(c) Outside the mess tent.
(d) Outside the barracks.
12. What does Toomey tell Epstein to take from him?
(a) Toomey's sword.
(b) Toomey's gun.
(c) Toomey's decorations.
(d) Toomey's clipboard.
13. What does Toomey say that Epstein will do, so that Toomey will win the fantasy game?
(a) Remember him during the war.
(b) Live through the war.
(c) Serve the army overseas.
(d) Obey army regulations.
14. Where is the U.S.O. dance located?
(a) In the mess hall.
(b) In the town hall.
(c) In a church basement.
(d) In the barracks.
15. Why does Eugene say Carney can't be counted on?
(a) Eugene says Carney is indecisive.
(b) Eugene says Carney is unlucky.
(c) Eugene says Carney is selfish.
(d) Eugene says Carny is self-destructive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mood is Eugene in at the beginning of the scene?
2. What is one of the interests Eugene and Daisy talk about?
3. What does Carney say about Eugene in reaction to Eugene's writings?
4. Where does Epstein say Wykowski should go if Epstein goes to jail?
5. How do the boys feel about Toomey after four weeks with their new sergeant?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)