|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eugene write about Toomey?
(a) That he's afraid of the soldiers.
(b) That he's killing the soldiers' consciences.
(c) That he's setting the soldiers up for failure.
(d) That he's brainwashing the soldiers.
2. Where was Wykowski wounded?
(a) On his rear end.
(b) In the right leg.
(c) On his head.
(d) In the left arm.
3. Who holds Eugene when he tries to get the notebook back?
4. What does Daisy say she can't do with Eugene?
(a) Take a walk.
(b) Go to a movie.
(c) Have lunch.
(d) Go to the park.
5. What excuse does Epstein use for not stopping the reading?
(a) Epstein wants to hear what the journal says.
(b) Epstein doesn't want to be hated.
(c) Epstein was afraid to get beat up.
(d) Eugene left his locker open.
6. What causes Eugene to think that Private Lindstrom must have talked?
(a) The phone rings.
(b) An alarm rings.
(c) The officers start gathering across the camp.
(d) There is a PA announcement.
7. What religious holiday is it?
(b) Ash Wednesday.
(c) Good Friday.
8. What is Eugene doing at the beginning of the scene?
9. What is the status of Toomey's army career?
(a) It's heading upward.
(b) It's shaky.
(c) It's on hold.
(d) It's over.
10. Where does Eugene go to avoid what's about to happen?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) In the latrine.
(d) In the closet.
11. Who comes to sit with Eugene?
12. How soon does Daisy have to be back?
(a) Five minutes.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) Ten minutes.
13. Two years later, where is Eugene headed?
(c) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
14. Where is Daisy from?
(a) Mathiston, Mississippi.
(b) Crowder, Mississippi.
(c) Decatur, Mississippi.
(d) Gulfport, Mississippi.
15. What does Eugene tell Daisy he wants to be?
(a) An officer.
(b) An actor.
(c) A writer.
(d) A baker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Eugene upset?
2. What was Carney hospitalized for?
3. What did Eugene write about Selridge?
4. Why does Daisy resist Eugene's advance on her?
5. What does Eugene tell Daisy?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)