|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toomey say that Epstein will do, so that Toomey will win the fantasy game?
(a) Serve the army overseas.
(b) Live through the war.
(c) Remember him during the war.
(d) Obey army regulations.
2. Who objects to reading Eugene's personal papers?
3. What job did Eugene get in the army?
(a) A job decoding enemy transmissions.
(b) A job writing for Stars and Stripes.
(c) A job taking arial photographs.
(d) A job disarming bombs.
4. What type of school does Daisy go to?
(a) An all-girls public school.
(b) An expensive private finishing school.
(c) A state university.
(d) An all-girls Catholic school.
5. How does Eugene feel about Daisy?
(a) He thinks she would be good for Epstein.
(b) He is afraid of her.
(c) He feels he could fall in love with her.
(d) He doesn't want to see her again.
6. How do the boys feel about Toomey after four weeks with their new sergeant?
(a) They feel angry at him.
(b) They hate him even more.
(c) They feel sorry for him.
(d) They miss him.
7. What does Daisy say she can't do with Eugene?
(a) Go to the park.
(b) Take a walk.
(c) Go to a movie.
(d) Have lunch.
8. What does Eugene need to do while he dances?
(a) Hum the music.
(b) Nod his head.
(c) Tap his fingers.
(d) Count the steps.
9. What does Eugene tell Daisy he wants to be?
(a) A baker.
(b) An actor.
(c) An officer.
(d) A writer.
10. Where does Epstein say Wykowski should go if Epstein goes to jail?
(a) The latrine.
(b) The war.
(d) The stables.
11. What does Carney say about Eugene in reaction to Eugene's writings?
(a) That Eugene doesn't really know him.
(b) That Eugene is paranoid.
(c) That Eugene is psychotic.
(d) That Eugene is writing fiction.
12. How did the unidentified soldier escape?
(a) Through a back door.
(b) By knocking down two officers.
(c) By using a gun.
(d) Through a window.
13. Who will interrupt them if Daisy and Eugene talk too long?
(a) A nun.
(b) A priest.
(c) A teacher.
(d) An officer.
14. What gift does Daisy give Eugene?
(a) A new journal.
(b) A silver pen.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A photo of her.
15. What does Toomey tell Epstein to take from him?
(a) Toomey's gun.
(b) Toomey's clipboard.
(c) Toomey's decorations.
(d) Toomey's sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mood is Eugene in at the beginning of the scene?
2. What did Eugene write about Selridge?
3. What does Eugene's notebook say about Carney?
4. What does Epstein threaten to do to Wykowski?
5. What does Carney do at the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)