|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How soon does Daisy have to be back?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Twenty minutes.
(d) Ten minutes.
2. How does Eugene feel about not going into combat?
(b) Somewhat guilty.
(d) Very relieved.
3. Where is Carney at the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Inside the barracks.
(b) Inside the mess tent.
(c) Outside the mess tent.
(d) Outside the barracks.
4. What was Carney hospitalized for?
(b) Depression and neurological problems.
(c) Catatonic schitzophrenia.
(d) A wound from a grenade.
5. What excuse does Epstein use for not stopping the reading?
(a) Epstein was afraid to get beat up.
(b) Epstein wants to hear what the journal says.
(c) Eugene left his locker open.
(d) Epstein doesn't want to be hated.
6. Where is Daisy from?
(a) Mathiston, Mississippi.
(b) Decatur, Mississippi.
(c) Crowder, Mississippi.
(d) Gulfport, Mississippi.
7. How does Rowena react when Eugene visits her again?
(a) She tells him to come back another time.
(b) She tells him never to come again.
(c) She welcomes him back gladly.
(d) She doesn't remember him.
8. How did the unidentified soldier escape?
(a) By knocking down two officers.
(b) Through a back door.
(c) By using a gun.
(d) Through a window.
9. What fantasy does Toomey have?
(a) Sending his soldiers into hell.
(b) Turning a rookie into a soldier.
(c) Punishing Epstein permanently.
(d) Sending all his soldiers home.
10. How does Eugene feel about Daisy?
(a) He is afraid of her.
(b) He feels he could fall in love with her.
(c) He doesn't want to see her again.
(d) He thinks she would be good for Epstein.
11. How long does Daisy have to talk to a boy at the dance?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Three minutes.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) Twenty minutes.
12. Why does Eugene say that his moment with Daisy is important?
(a) Because each moment is important.
(b) Because they are in love for the first time.
(c) Because soon they will be grown up.
(d) Because the war will change their world.
13. Who does Toomey say Epstein must report to his army superiors?
14. Does Carney understand Eugene's point of view after Eugene explains what he wrote?
(a) No, but he doesn't care anymore about what Eugene wrote.
(b) No, he hates Eugene for what he wrote.
(c) Yes, but he is still hurt.
(d) Yes, and he doesn't mind what Eugene wrote at all.
15. Where does Eugene go to avoid what's about to happen?
(a) In the latrine.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) In the closet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eugene's notebook say about Carney?
2. What does Toomey ask Epstein?
3. What does Eugene say when Daisy asks him to dance?
4. What evidence does Wykowski cite to accuse Epstein of being the escaped soldier?
5. Why does Eugene say he comes to dances?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)