|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy say she can't do with Eugene?
(a) Have lunch.
(b) Take a walk.
(c) Go to the park.
(d) Go to a movie.
2. How does Rowena react when Eugene visits her again?
(a) She doesn't remember him.
(b) She welcomes him back gladly.
(c) She tells him never to come again.
(d) She tells him to come back another time.
3. What is one of the interests Eugene and Daisy talk about?
4. What does Toomey ask Epstein?
(a) Whether he hates the army.
(b) Whether he hates Toomey.
(c) Whether he hates himself.
(d) Whether he hates the other men.
5. What type of school does Daisy go to?
(a) An expensive private finishing school.
(b) An all-girls public school.
(c) An all-girls Catholic school.
(d) A state university.
6. What punishment does Epstein give Toomey?
(a) Two hundred push-ups.
(b) Walking through camp in his underwear.
(c) Reciting his wrongs before the platoon.
(d) Being laughed at by the soldiers.
7. What did Eugene write about Toomey?
(a) That he's brainwashing the soldiers.
(b) That he's setting the soldiers up for failure.
(c) That he's killing the soldiers' consciences.
(d) That he's afraid of the soldiers.
8. Why does Daisy resist Eugene's advance on her?
(a) Because a nun is watching.
(b) Because she's not sure how she feels.
(c) Because it's a religious holiday.
(d) Because she doesn't like him.
9. Where is Daisy from?
(a) Gulfport, Mississippi.
(b) Crowder, Mississippi.
(c) Mathiston, Mississippi.
(d) Decatur, Mississippi.
10. What happened to Daisy?
(a) She is waiting for Eugene to come home.
(b) She ran off to California to be an actress.
(c) She married a doctor.
(d) She joined a convent.
11. What fantasy does Toomey have?
(a) Turning a rookie into a soldier.
(b) Punishing Epstein permanently.
(c) Sending his soldiers into hell.
(d) Sending all his soldiers home.
12. What objectives does Eugene have left to achieve in the army?
(a) To fall in love and become a writer.
(b) To become a writer and stay alive.
(c) To become a writer and get married.
(d) To get married and stay alive.
13. Where does Eugene leave go the end of the scene?
(a) Off of the base.
(b) Into the barracks.
(c) Into the mess tent.
(d) Into the latrine.
14. Who holds Eugene when he tries to get the notebook back?
15. What is Daisy's response to Eugene's declaration?
(a) That she loves him.
(b) That she just wants to have fun.
(c) That she doesn't really know him.
(d) That she doesn't want to see him anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Daisy give Eugene?
2. What does Toomey say that Epstein will do, so that Toomey will win the fantasy game?
3. Where was the escaped soldier seen?
4. What does Toomey tell Epstein to take from him?
5. Who objects to reading Eugene's personal papers?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)