|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mood is Eugene in at the beginning of the scene?
2. What job did Eugene get in the army?
(a) A job writing for Stars and Stripes.
(b) A job disarming bombs.
(c) A job decoding enemy transmissions.
(d) A job taking arial photographs.
3. What does Epstein refuse to do, after Toomey has threatened him?
(a) File charges against Toomey.
(b) Do push-ups for Toomey.
(c) Give up the army.
(d) Talk to Toomey.
4. Where is Toomey leaving the base to go?
(a) A prison.
(b) An officer's retirement home.
(c) A verteran's hospital.
(d) An overseas assignment.
5. What is one of the interests Eugene and Daisy talk about?
6. What does Toomey say that Epstein will do, so that Toomey will win the fantasy game?
(a) Serve the army overseas.
(b) Live through the war.
(c) Remember him during the war.
(d) Obey army regulations.
7. How long a jail sentence did Hennessey get?
(a) Nine months.
(b) Three months.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
8. Where is Carney at the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Outside the barracks.
(b) Inside the barracks.
(c) Inside the mess tent.
(d) Outside the mess tent.
9. What are Wykowski and Selridge arguing about at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) Dirty undershirts.
(b) Dirty blankets.
(c) Dirty socks.
(d) Dirty underwear.
10. What is Eugene doing at the beginning of the scene?
11. How soon does Daisy have to be back?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Twenty minutes.
12. What does Eugene's notebook say about Carney?
(a) Eugene cannot stand Carney and secretly plays tricks on him.
(b) Eugene likes him but can't depend on him in a tough situation.
(c) Eugene dislikes him but hides it.
(d) Eugene trusts Carney more than any of the others.
13. How does Rowena react when Eugene visits her again?
(a) She doesn't remember him.
(b) She tells him to come back another time.
(c) She tells him never to come again.
(d) She welcomes him back gladly.
14. What does Toomey say is necessary for victory?
15. What does Eugene need to do while he dances?
(a) Hum the music.
(b) Nod his head.
(c) Count the steps.
(d) Tap his fingers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Epstein tell Eugene to leave out of his writing?
2. What religious holiday is it?
3. How do the boys feel about Toomey after four weeks with their new sergeant?
4. What objectives does Eugene have left to achieve in the army?
5. What gift does Daisy give Eugene?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)