|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eugene doing at the beginning of the scene?
2. What does Eugene's notebook say about Carney?
(a) Eugene cannot stand Carney and secretly plays tricks on him.
(b) Eugene likes him but can't depend on him in a tough situation.
(c) Eugene dislikes him but hides it.
(d) Eugene trusts Carney more than any of the others.
3. What lesson does Eugene say he's learned?
(a) People believe what they read.
(b) People believe the worst of each other.
(c) What people believe becomes true.
(d) People believe what they want to believe.
4. What was Carney hospitalized for?
(a) Depression and neurological problems.
(b) Catatonic schitzophrenia.
(c) A wound from a grenade.
5. What gift does Daisy give Eugene?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A photo of her.
(c) A silver pen.
(d) A new journal.
6. What does Eugene tell Carney?
(a) He tells him about Rowena.
(b) He apologizes.
(c) He tells him to leave.
(d) He pretends to be a chronic liar.
7. What does Epstein threaten to do to Wykowski?
(a) Get promoted and courtmartial him.
(b) Become a priest and excommunicate him.
(c) Become his sergeant and get him killed.
(d) Become an immigration officer and ship him back to Polland.
8. How does Eugene feel about Daisy?
(a) He doesn't want to see her again.
(b) He feels he could fall in love with her.
(c) He is afraid of her.
(d) He thinks she would be good for Epstein.
9. What is Selridge's new job at the end of the play?
(a) A sergeant in charge of the motor pool.
(b) A sergeant training recruits.
(c) A general's driver.
(d) An army cook.
10. Where does Eugene go to avoid what's about to happen?
(b) Under the bed.
(c) In the latrine.
(d) In the closet.
11. Who holds Eugene when he tries to get the notebook back?
12. Where does Act 2, Scene 4 take place?
(a) Behind the mess hall.
(b) On a trail through the swamp.
(c) Inside the latrine.
(d) On the steps outside the barracks.
13. How close does Eugene feel from being a writer?
(a) Like he's already there.
(b) A long way off.
(c) Very close.
(d) Sometimes close and sometimes far away.
14. What causes Eugene to think that Private Lindstrom must have talked?
(a) The phone rings.
(b) The officers start gathering across the camp.
(c) An alarm rings.
(d) There is a PA announcement.
15. What religious holiday is it?
(c) Good Friday.
(d) Ash Wednesday.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eugene's notebook say that Selridge eats?
2. What objectives does Eugene have left to achieve in the army?
3. What does Carney do at the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
4. What does Eugene need to do while he dances?
5. What are Wykowski and Selridge arguing about at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 9?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)