|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eugene tell Daisy he wants to be?
(a) A writer.
(b) A baker.
(c) An officer.
(d) An actor.
2. What does Eugene do to a page of his journal?
(a) Puts it under his pillow.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Rips it up.
(d) Makes a paper airplane.
3. What happened to Daisy?
(a) She ran off to California to be an actress.
(b) She joined a convent.
(c) She is waiting for Eugene to come home.
(d) She married a doctor.
4. What does Toomey do to get Epstein to take a drink?
(a) Toomey threatens to courtmartial Epstein.
(b) Toomey takes Epstein by the throat.
(c) Toomey threatens to punish the other men.
(d) Toomey points a gun at Epstein.
5. What does Toomey tell Epstein to take from him?
(a) Toomey's clipboard.
(b) Toomey's gun.
(c) Toomey's decorations.
(d) Toomey's sword.
6. What is Eugene's new watchword?
7. What does Epstein refuse to do, after Toomey has threatened him?
(a) Do push-ups for Toomey.
(b) Give up the army.
(c) Talk to Toomey.
(d) File charges against Toomey.
8. Where does Act 2, Scene 8 take place?
(a) In a school auditorium.
(b) Outside Daisy's school.
(c) At another dance.
(d) In the base mess hall.
9. Why does Eugene say he comes to dances?
(a) To find someone to talk to.
(b) To find someone to marry.
(c) To find someone to have fun with.
(d) To find a girlfriend.
10. Who comes to sit with Eugene?
11. What does Toomey say is necessary for victory?
12. What is Eugene doing at the beginning of the scene?
13. How long a jail sentence did Hennessey get?
(a) Three months.
(b) One year.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Six months.
14. What does Toomey ask Epstein?
(a) Whether he hates the army.
(b) Whether he hates himself.
(c) Whether he hates the other men.
(d) Whether he hates Toomey.
15. What does Carney do at the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
(d) Falls asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toomey say that Epstein will do, so that Toomey will win the fantasy game?
2. What did Eugene write about Toomey?
3. What does Eugene say happened to his locker key?
4. Why does Daisy resist Eugene's advance on her?
5. What is one of the interests Eugene and Daisy talk about?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)