Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eugene say that his moment with Daisy is important?
(a) Because soon they will be grown up.
(b) Because they are in love for the first time.
(c) Because the war will change their world.
(d) Because each moment is important.
2. What does Toomey ask Epstein?
(a) Whether he hates Toomey.
(b) Whether he hates the army.
(c) Whether he hates himself.
(d) Whether he hates the other men.
3. What happened to Epstein?
(a) He was killed by friendly fire.
(b) He is missing in action.
(c) He was killed by enemy fire.
(d) He went AWOL and was arrested.
4. Why does Daisy resist Eugene's advance on her?
(a) Because she doesn't like him.
(b) Because it's a religious holiday.
(c) Because she's not sure how she feels.
(d) Because a nun is watching.
5. How close does Eugene feel from being a writer?
(a) A long way off.
(b) Very close.
(c) Like he's already there.
(d) Sometimes close and sometimes far away.
6. What is Eugene doing at the beginning of the scene?
7. What is Selridge's new job at the end of the play?
(a) A general's driver.
(b) An army cook.
(c) A sergeant in charge of the motor pool.
(d) A sergeant training recruits.
8. What is the status of Toomey's army career?
(a) It's shaky.
(b) It's on hold.
(c) It's heading upward.
(d) It's over.
9. What does Eugene need to do while he dances?
(a) Count the steps.
(b) Nod his head.
(c) Hum the music.
(d) Tap his fingers.
10. Who objects to reading Eugene's personal papers?
11. What does Eugene do to a page of his journal?
(a) Rips it up.
(b) Puts it under his pillow.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Makes a paper airplane.
12. Who does Eugene's notebook say is the best soldier in the platoon?
13. What does Carney do at the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
(b) Falls asleep.
14. What lesson does Eugene say he's learned?
(a) People believe what they want to believe.
(b) People believe the worst of each other.
(c) What people believe becomes true.
(d) People believe what they read.
15. What does Epstein refuse to do, after Toomey has threatened him?
(a) Give up the army.
(b) Talk to Toomey.
(c) Do push-ups for Toomey.
(d) File charges against Toomey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Toomey say Epstein must report to his army superiors?
2. Who holds Eugene when he tries to get the notebook back?
3. What is Daisy's response to Eugene's declaration?
4. What does Toomey tell Epstein to take from him?
5. What was Carney hospitalized for?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)