|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said something similar to what Eugene wrote about Carney?
(a) The girl Carney is sort of engaged to.
(b) Carney's mother.
(c) Carney's best friend from high school.
(d) Carney's favorite teacher.
2. Where was the escaped soldier seen?
(a) Entering Toomey's troops' barracks.
(b) Entering the officers' club.
(c) Entering the mess tent.
(d) Entering the motor pool.
3. What does Epstein threaten to do to Wykowski?
(a) Become his sergeant and get him killed.
(b) Get promoted and courtmartial him.
(c) Become an immigration officer and ship him back to Polland.
(d) Become a priest and excommunicate him.
4. How long does Daisy have to talk to a boy at the dance?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) Three minutes.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Twenty minutes.
5. Who comes to sit with Eugene?
6. Where is the U.S.O. dance located?
(a) In the town hall.
(b) In a church basement.
(c) In the barracks.
(d) In the mess hall.
7. How does Eugene's notebook say that Selridge eats?
(a) Like an ape eating bananas.
(b) Like a shark eating fish.
(c) Like an elephant eating peanuts.
(d) Like a horse eating oats.
8. What job did Eugene get in the army?
(a) A job decoding enemy transmissions.
(b) A job taking arial photographs.
(c) A job writing for Stars and Stripes.
(d) A job disarming bombs.
9. What does Epstein refuse to do, after Toomey has threatened him?
(a) Talk to Toomey.
(b) Do push-ups for Toomey.
(c) Give up the army.
(d) File charges against Toomey.
10. What causes Eugene to think that Private Lindstrom must have talked?
(a) The phone rings.
(b) There is a PA announcement.
(c) The officers start gathering across the camp.
(d) An alarm rings.
11. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3, who is reading Eugene's notebook?
12. Where is Daisy from?
(a) Mathiston, Mississippi.
(b) Decatur, Mississippi.
(c) Gulfport, Mississippi.
(d) Crowder, Mississippi.
13. Where does Epstein say Wykowski should go if Epstein goes to jail?
(a) The latrine.
(b) The war.
(c) The stables.
14. Why does Daisy resist Eugene's advance on her?
(a) Because she's not sure how she feels.
(b) Because it's a religious holiday.
(c) Because she doesn't like him.
(d) Because a nun is watching.
15. What did Eugene write about Selridge?
(a) That he calls for his mother in his sleep.
(b) That he has dreams about getting killed.
(c) That he murmurs and cries in his sleep.
(d) That he yells at his father in his sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovered two members of the regiment having oral sex in the bathroom?
2. What does Toomey do to get Epstein to take a drink?
3. What does Eugene tell Carney?
4. Where was Wykowski wounded?
5. What does Daisy resist Eugene doing?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)