|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 4 take place?
(a) On a trail through the swamp.
(b) Behind the mess hall.
(c) On the steps outside the barracks.
(d) Inside the latrine.
2. What does Eugene need to do while he dances?
(a) Nod his head.
(b) Count the steps.
(c) Hum the music.
(d) Tap his fingers.
3. What gift does Daisy give Eugene?
(a) A new journal.
(b) A silver pen.
(c) A photo of her.
(d) A Bible.
4. What was Carney hospitalized for?
(a) Depression and neurological problems.
(c) Catatonic schitzophrenia.
(d) A wound from a grenade.
5. What is Eugene's new watchword?
6. What job did Eugene get in the army?
(a) A job decoding enemy transmissions.
(b) A job taking arial photographs.
(c) A job disarming bombs.
(d) A job writing for Stars and Stripes.
7. What is Selridge's new job at the end of the play?
(a) A sergeant in charge of the motor pool.
(b) An army cook.
(c) A general's driver.
(d) A sergeant training recruits.
8. How does Eugene's notebook say that Selridge eats?
(a) Like an ape eating bananas.
(b) Like an elephant eating peanuts.
(c) Like a horse eating oats.
(d) Like a shark eating fish.
9. What does Eugene say happened to his locker key?
(a) He dropped it on a march.
(b) He lost it in the shower drain.
(c) He dropped it in the mess tent.
(d) He left it in the hotel room.
10. Where does Epstein say Wykowski should go if Epstein goes to jail?
(a) The latrine.
(b) The stables.
(c) The war.
11. What does Eugene tell Daisy?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) That he wants to sleep with her.
(c) That he wants to marry her.
(d) That he misses her.
12. Where was Wykowski wounded?
(a) On his head.
(b) On his rear end.
(c) In the right leg.
(d) In the left arm.
13. What does Epstein threaten to do to Wykowski?
(a) Get promoted and courtmartial him.
(b) Become a priest and excommunicate him.
(c) Become his sergeant and get him killed.
(d) Become an immigration officer and ship him back to Polland.
14. Where does Eugene go to avoid what's about to happen?
(a) In the latrine.
(b) In the closet.
(c) Under the bed.
15. What does Eugene say when Daisy asks him to dance?
(a) He says he never dances.
(b) He says they should wait for a slow song.
(c) He says dancing makes him sad.
(d) He says he's hurt his foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy say she can't do with Eugene?
2. Who said something similar to what Eugene wrote about Carney?
3. What did Eugene write about Toomey?
4. What objectives does Eugene have left to achieve in the army?
5. What type of school does Daisy go to?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)