|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Epstein?
(a) He was killed by friendly fire.
(b) He is missing in action.
(c) He went AWOL and was arrested.
(d) He was killed by enemy fire.
2. What is Daisy's response to Eugene's declaration?
(a) That she doesn't want to see him anymore.
(b) That she doesn't really know him.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) That she just wants to have fun.
3. Why does Daisy resist Eugene's advance on her?
(a) Because a nun is watching.
(b) Because it's a religious holiday.
(c) Because she's not sure how she feels.
(d) Because she doesn't like him.
4. What fantasy does Toomey have?
(a) Sending all his soldiers home.
(b) Turning a rookie into a soldier.
(c) Punishing Epstein permanently.
(d) Sending his soldiers into hell.
5. How long a jail sentence did Hennessey get?
(a) Three months.
(b) One year.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Six months.
6. What does Eugene's notebook say about Carney?
(a) Eugene likes him but can't depend on him in a tough situation.
(b) Eugene cannot stand Carney and secretly plays tricks on him.
(c) Eugene trusts Carney more than any of the others.
(d) Eugene dislikes him but hides it.
7. What does Epstein threaten to do to Wykowski?
(a) Become his sergeant and get him killed.
(b) Become an immigration officer and ship him back to Polland.
(c) Become a priest and excommunicate him.
(d) Get promoted and courtmartial him.
8. Where is Daisy from?
(a) Gulfport, Mississippi.
(b) Crowder, Mississippi.
(c) Mathiston, Mississippi.
(d) Decatur, Mississippi.
9. What happened to Daisy?
(a) She joined a convent.
(b) She ran off to California to be an actress.
(c) She is waiting for Eugene to come home.
(d) She married a doctor.
10. How soon does Daisy have to be back?
(a) Twenty minutes.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Five minutes.
11. Why does Eugene say that his moment with Daisy is important?
(a) Because each moment is important.
(b) Because they are in love for the first time.
(c) Because soon they will be grown up.
(d) Because the war will change their world.
12. Who said something similar to what Eugene wrote about Carney?
(a) Carney's best friend from high school.
(b) The girl Carney is sort of engaged to.
(c) Carney's favorite teacher.
(d) Carney's mother.
13. What does Eugene need to do while he dances?
(a) Hum the music.
(b) Nod his head.
(c) Tap his fingers.
(d) Count the steps.
14. Who objects to reading Eugene's personal papers?
15. What causes Eugene to think that Private Lindstrom must have talked?
(a) There is a PA announcement.
(b) The phone rings.
(c) The officers start gathering across the camp.
(d) An alarm rings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the boys feel about Toomey after four weeks with their new sergeant?
2. What was Carney hospitalized for?
3. What does Daisy resist Eugene doing?
4. What does Toomey say is necessary for victory?
5. Does Carney understand Eugene's point of view after Eugene explains what he wrote?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)