|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Toomey say Epstein must report to his army superiors?
2. Who discovered two members of the regiment having oral sex in the bathroom?
(a) Sergeant Riley.
(d) The cook.
3. How does Rowena react when Eugene visits her again?
(a) She tells him never to come again.
(b) She doesn't remember him.
(c) She tells him to come back another time.
(d) She welcomes him back gladly.
4. What does Carney do at the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Falls asleep.
5. What does Eugene say happened to his locker key?
(a) He left it in the hotel room.
(b) He dropped it in the mess tent.
(c) He lost it in the shower drain.
(d) He dropped it on a march.
6. What fantasy does Toomey have?
(a) Turning a rookie into a soldier.
(b) Sending his soldiers into hell.
(c) Sending all his soldiers home.
(d) Punishing Epstein permanently.
7. Two years later, where is Eugene headed?
(b) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
8. How does Eugene's notebook say that Selridge eats?
(a) Like an ape eating bananas.
(b) Like an elephant eating peanuts.
(c) Like a horse eating oats.
(d) Like a shark eating fish.
9. What does Eugene say when Daisy asks him to dance?
(a) He says they should wait for a slow song.
(b) He says he never dances.
(c) He says he's hurt his foot.
(d) He says dancing makes him sad.
10. Why does Daisy resist Eugene's advance on her?
(a) Because she doesn't like him.
(b) Because a nun is watching.
(c) Because it's a religious holiday.
(d) Because she's not sure how she feels.
11. Who objects to reading Eugene's personal papers?
12. Where is the U.S.O. dance located?
(a) In a church basement.
(b) In the barracks.
(c) In the town hall.
(d) In the mess hall.
13. What evidence does Wykowski cite to accuse Epstein of being the escaped soldier?
(a) Epstein's bootprints.
(b) Epstein's disarrayed locker.
(c) Eugene's journal.
(d) Epstein's rumpled sheets.
14. What excuse does Epstein use for not stopping the reading?
(a) Eugene left his locker open.
(b) Epstein wants to hear what the journal says.
(c) Epstein doesn't want to be hated.
(d) Epstein was afraid to get beat up.
15. What did Eugene write about Toomey?
(a) That he's killing the soldiers' consciences.
(b) That he's brainwashing the soldiers.
(c) That he's setting the soldiers up for failure.
(d) That he's afraid of the soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toomey say is necessary for victory?
2. Where is Carney at the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
3. What is Eugene's new watchword?
4. What religious holiday is it?
5. How did the unidentified soldier escape?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)