|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carney say about Eugene in reaction to Eugene's writings?
(a) That Eugene doesn't really know him.
(b) That Eugene is paranoid.
(c) That Eugene is psychotic.
(d) That Eugene is writing fiction.
2. What does Eugene say happened to his locker key?
(a) He lost it in the shower drain.
(b) He dropped it in the mess tent.
(c) He left it in the hotel room.
(d) He dropped it on a march.
3. Who does Toomey say Epstein must report to his army superiors?
4. What objectives does Eugene have left to achieve in the army?
(a) To become a writer and get married.
(b) To become a writer and stay alive.
(c) To get married and stay alive.
(d) To fall in love and become a writer.
5. What happened to Epstein?
(a) He was killed by friendly fire.
(b) He was killed by enemy fire.
(c) He went AWOL and was arrested.
(d) He is missing in action.
6. What religious holiday is it?
(a) Ash Wednesday.
(b) Good Friday.
7. What does Daisy do after Eugene refuses to dance?
(a) She begins to walk away.
(b) She laughs at him.
(c) She starts to cry.
(d) She gives up trying to get him to dance.
8. What does Toomey tell Epstein to take from him?
(a) Toomey's gun.
(b) Toomey's clipboard.
(c) Toomey's decorations.
(d) Toomey's sword.
9. How long a jail sentence did Hennessey get?
(a) Nine months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
10. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3, who is reading Eugene's notebook?
11. How does Eugene feel about Daisy?
(a) He feels he could fall in love with her.
(b) He is afraid of her.
(c) He thinks she would be good for Epstein.
(d) He doesn't want to see her again.
12. What is Selridge's new job at the end of the play?
(a) An army cook.
(b) A general's driver.
(c) A sergeant training recruits.
(d) A sergeant in charge of the motor pool.
13. What job did Eugene get in the army?
(a) A job writing for Stars and Stripes.
(b) A job taking arial photographs.
(c) A job decoding enemy transmissions.
(d) A job disarming bombs.
14. Why does Eugene say Carney can't be counted on?
(a) Eugene says Carny is self-destructive.
(b) Eugene says Carney is unlucky.
(c) Eugene says Carney is indecisive.
(d) Eugene says Carney is selfish.
15. What does Toomey do to get Epstein to take a drink?
(a) Toomey threatens to punish the other men.
(b) Toomey threatens to courtmartial Epstein.
(c) Toomey takes Epstein by the throat.
(d) Toomey points a gun at Epstein.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Daisy have to talk to a boy at the dance?
2. How does Eugene feel about not going into combat?
3. What does Eugene say when Daisy asks him to dance?
4. How does Rowena react when Eugene visits her again?
5. What did Eugene write about Selridge?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)