|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Selridge doing at the beginning of the scene?
2. What city is Roy from?
(a) Cummaquid, Massachussetts.
(b) Scaggsville, Maryland.
(c) Piscataway, New Jersey.
(d) Schenectady, New York.
3. What is wrong with Roy's mouth?
(a) His mouth tastes like soap.
(b) He has 19 cavities.
(c) He needs a root canal.
(d) He lost his front teeth.
4. What does Epstein say that Eugene is?
(a) An audience member, not a star.
(b) A bystander, not a player.
(c) A witness, not a participant.
(d) A passenger, not a driver.
5. What do the boys eat at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Chipped beef on toast.
(b) Powdered eggs.
(c) Chopped liver.
(d) Dry salami.
6. What did the men in the latrine do to Epstein's head?
(a) Crush his head in the door.
(b) Put his head in a dirty toilet.
(c) Bang his head against the sink.
(d) Crack his head against the floor.
7. How did Epstein get down?
(a) He wriggled out of his bindings.
(b) The pipes he was tied to broke.
(c) He cut himself down.
(d) An officer came in and found him.
8. Who wins the contest for the best fantasy?
9. Does the prostitute want Eugene to come out?
(a) No, and she says Eugene doesn't have to pay her.
(b) Yes, but the prostitute lets him hide as long as he wants.
(c) Yes, the prostitute tries to coax him out.
(d) No, as long as she gets paid.
10. What does Roy stick in Joseph's face?
(a) His elbow.
(b) A letter.
(c) A hat.
(d) His foot.
11. What does Eugene ask Epstein?
(a) Why he has to do everything the hard way.
(b) Why he thinks he's better than everyone.
(c) Why he thinks he can survive in the army.
(d) Why he has a death wish.
12. How many young men are on stage at the beginning of Act 1?
13. What does Selridge suggest the soldiers should bet on?
(a) Who has the best fantasy for their last days alive.
(b) Who has the best fantasy for getting out of the army.
(c) Who has the best fantasy for getting back at Toomey.
(d) Who has the best fantasy for their homecoming.
14. What is notable about Joseph's eating habits?
(a) He can eat anything.
(b) He fasts on Sundays.
(c) He never eats before noon.
(d) He is allergic to milk and wheat.
15. What did the men hang Epstein up by?
(a) A rope.
(b) Epstein's belt.
(c) A towing chain.
(d) A bed sheet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eugene tell the prostitute his name is?
2. Who goes to see the prostitute after Wykowski?
3. Who didn't flush one of the johns in the latrine after Epstein cleaned it?
4. How many sex positions does Eugene say there are?
5. What does the prostitute ask Eugene when he comes out from hiding?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)