|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eugene say the environment smells?
(a) It stinks.
(b) It smells delicious.
(c) It smells empty.
(d) It smells fresh.
2. How many young men are on stage at the beginning of Act 1?
3. What city is Joseph from?
(a) Bridgeport, Connecticut.
(b) Providence, Rhode Island.
(c) Bangor, Maine.
(d) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
4. What did the two men Epstein confronted in the latrine call him?
(a) A four-eyes.
(b) A Kike.
(c) A goody-two-shoes.
(d) A bookworm.
5. Who takes the bunk Eugene wants?
6. Who didn't flush one of the johns in the latrine after Epstein cleaned it?
(a) The cook and another overweight man.
(b) The company commander and a tall, thin MP.
(c) Toomey and a short, stocky captain.
(d) The motor pool sergeant and a bald man.
7. What year is the play set in?
8. What is the correct answer for the men to answer when their name is called in the roll?
(b) Here, Sir!
9. What does Epstein say that Eugene is?
(a) An audience member, not a star.
(b) A passenger, not a driver.
(c) A bystander, not a player.
(d) A witness, not a participant.
10. Where is Arnold Epstein sleeping at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Leaning against a pole.
(b) In a haystack.
(c) On a floor.
(d) On a baggage rack.
11. What does Epstein have in order to prove he has a bad stomach?
(a) An x-ray.
(b) Blood test results.
(c) A note from his mother.
(d) A note from his doctor.
12. Why did Hennesey get assigned to the duty he's on?
(a) For talking back to an officer.
(b) For being AWOL.
(c) For not finishing his food.
(d) For being last to finish cleaning his weapon.
13. What duty does Toomey give to Epstein?
(a) Scrubbing the barracks.
(b) Cleaning the latrine.
(c) Digging trenches.
(d) Peeling potatoes.
14. Who does Eugene say he hates at the beginning of the play?
15. What does Sergeant Toomey have when he enters the scene?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A baton.
(c) An army manual.
(d) A clipboard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with a prostitute at the beginning of the scene?
2. What does Donald do constantly?
3. What does Epstein call Toomey?
4. What borough of New York City is Arnold Epstein from?
5. What does Wykowski say that the prostitute told him?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)