|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state is the army base in?
2. How many young men are on stage at the beginning of Act 1?
3. What does Eugene start doing when he can't sleep?
4. Who is the judge of the game the soldiers play?
5. How do the other soldiers respond to Carney's fantasy?
(a) They disqualify him from the game.
(b) They tease him.
(c) They are awestruck by it.
(d) They get angry with him.
6. What borough of New York City is Arnold Epstein from?
(b) The Bronx.
(c) Staten Island.
7. Whose greeting of Toomey is less friendly than the other soldiers?
8. Does Eugene think Carney's punishment is unfair?
(a) Yes, and he tells Toomey so.
(b) No, and he tells Toomey so.
(c) No, but he won't tell anyone.
(d) Yes, but he tells Toomey that he doesn't.
9. What does Donald's sister look like?
(a) She's very attractive.
(b) She's very short and stout.
(c) She's very tall and skeletal.
(d) She's ugly.
10. What does Eugene ask Epstein?
(a) Why he thinks he can survive in the army.
(b) Why he has to do everything the hard way.
(c) Why he has a death wish.
(d) Why he thinks he's better than everyone.
11. How long is basic training?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Twenty weeks.
(c) Ten weeks.
(d) Fifteen weeks.
12. Where does the prostitute say she's from?
(a) Pine Bluff, Arkansas.
(b) Gulfport, Mississippi.
(c) Collierville, Tennessee.
(d) Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
13. How does Eugene say the environment smells?
(a) It smells empty.
(b) It stinks.
(c) It smells delicious.
(d) It smells fresh.
14. Where does Toomey say the march will be?
(a) Through the marshes and swamps.
(b) Through the woods.
(c) Around the lake.
(d) Around the town.
15. How did Epstein get down?
(a) The pipes he was tied to broke.
(b) He wriggled out of his bindings.
(c) An officer came in and found him.
(d) He cut himself down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What duty is James Hennesey on?
2. What is the prostitute doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Where is Arnold Epstein sleeping at the beginning of Act 1?
4. Who does the prostitute live with?
5. What does the prostitute ask Eugene when he comes out from hiding?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)