|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the correct answer for the men to answer when their name is called in the roll?
(a) Here, Sir!
2. What is Eugene hiding behind in the prostitute's room?
(a) A window curtain.
(b) A couch.
(c) The bathroom door.
(d) A screen.
3. What do the soldiers discuss as they prepare for their 2-day pass?
(a) How many women they can sleep with.
(b) How much liquor they can drink.
(c) How many clubs they can go to.
(d) How much food they can eat.
4. What does Epstein claim he saw?
(a) Toomey stealing the money.
(b) Toomey beating a soldier.
(c) Toomey searching the barracks.
(d) Toomey paying off the commander.
5. What does the prostitute tell Eugene he should do to look older?
(a) Stand up taller.
(b) Be more confident.
(c) Cut his hair.
(d) Grow a mustache.
6. What city is Roy from?
(a) Cummaquid, Massachussetts.
(b) Schenectady, New York.
(c) Piscataway, New Jersey.
(d) Scaggsville, Maryland.
7. What does Donald's sister look like?
(a) She's ugly.
(b) She's very attractive.
(c) She's very short and stout.
(d) She's very tall and skeletal.
8. Where is Donald Carney from?
(a) Wilmington, Delaware.
(b) Montpelier, Vermont.
(c) Greensboro, North Carolina.
(d) Montclair, New Jersey.
9. What grade does the judge give Carney for his fantasy?
10. Where are most of the boys sleeping at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Under a tree.
(b) In swings.
(c) On seats.
(d) On a floor.
11. What does Wykowski promise not to do to Epstein anymore?
(a) Not believe him.
(b) Argue with him.
(c) Use ethnic insults on him.
(d) Beat him.
12. Who takes the bunk Eugene wants?
13. How many young men are on stage at the beginning of Act 1?
14. What is notable about Joseph's eating habits?
(a) He never eats before noon.
(b) He can eat anything.
(c) He fasts on Sundays.
(d) He is allergic to milk and wheat.
15. What does Wykowski say Epstein should ask for to eat?
(a) Matzo ball soup.
(b) Gefilte fish.
(d) Bagels and lox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is Joseph from?
2. Where is Arnold Epstein sleeping at the beginning of Act 1?
3. What does Selridge suggest the soldiers should bet on?
4. Does Eugene have sex with the prostitute?
5. How long is basic training?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)