|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eugene start doing when he can't sleep?
2. Who does Eugene say he hates at the beginning of the play?
3. Who takes the bunk Eugene wants?
4. How does Eugene feel about the prospect of sex with a prostitute?
(a) He's angry that he's gotten himself in this mess.
(b) He's nervous because he might get a disease.
(c) He's excited and can't wait to start.
(d) He doesn't want his first time to be this way.
5. What did the men hang Epstein up by?
(a) Epstein's belt.
(b) A bed sheet.
(c) A rope.
(d) A towing chain.
6. What did the two men Epstein confronted in the latrine call him?
(a) A goody-two-shoes.
(b) A bookworm.
(c) A Kike.
(d) A four-eyes.
7. What does Eugene ask Epstein?
(a) Why he thinks he's better than everyone.
(b) Why he has to do everything the hard way.
(c) Why he has a death wish.
(d) Why he thinks he can survive in the army.
8. What does Wykowski say Epstein should ask for to eat?
(b) Matzo ball soup.
(c) Gefilte fish.
(d) Bagels and lox.
9. How did Epstein get down?
(a) He wriggled out of his bindings.
(b) He cut himself down.
(c) The pipes he was tied to broke.
(d) An officer came in and found him.
10. What is Selridge doing at the beginning of the scene?
11. How many sex positions does Eugene say there are?
(a) At least sixty-eight.
(b) At least fifty-two.
(c) At least seventy-four.
(d) At least eighty-eight.
12. What does Toomey say he considers less offensive than burglary?
(a) Mutiny and murder.
(b) Mutiny and sodomy.
(c) Blasphemy and sodomy.
(d) Murder and blasphemy.
13. What do the soldiers discuss as they prepare for their 2-day pass?
(a) How many clubs they can go to.
(b) How much food they can eat.
(c) How much liquor they can drink.
(d) How many women they can sleep with.
14. What does Wykowski say that the prostitute told him?
(a) That she wants to go away with him.
(b) That she never wants to see him again.
(c) That she wants him to come back tomorrow.
(d) That she wants to see him again after the war.
15. What does Selridge suggest the soldiers should bet on?
(a) Who has the best fantasy for getting back at Toomey.
(b) Who has the best fantasy for their homecoming.
(c) Who has the best fantasy for their last days alive.
(d) Who has the best fantasy for getting out of the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prostitute ask Eugene when he comes out from hiding?
2. What is wrong with Roy's mouth?
3. How long is Wykowski with the prostitute?
4. What does Epstein have in order to prove he has a bad stomach?
5. What is missing from Wykowski's wallet?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)