|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Eugene think Carney's punishment is unfair?
(a) No, and he tells Toomey so.
(b) Yes, and he tells Toomey so.
(c) Yes, but he tells Toomey that he doesn't.
(d) No, but he won't tell anyone.
2. What did the men hang Epstein up by?
(a) Epstein's belt.
(b) A rope.
(c) A bed sheet.
(d) A towing chain.
3. How did Epstein get down?
(a) The pipes he was tied to broke.
(b) An officer came in and found him.
(c) He cut himself down.
(d) He wriggled out of his bindings.
4. Who confesses to stealing Wykowski's money?
5. How many sex positions does Selridge say there are?
6. What city is Joseph from?
(a) Bridgeport, Connecticut.
(b) Bangor, Maine.
(c) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
(d) Providence, Rhode Island.
7. What is Eugene hiding behind in the prostitute's room?
(a) A screen.
(b) A couch.
(c) A window curtain.
(d) The bathroom door.
8. Who does Toomey confine to the barracks for the weekend?
9. What does Epstein claim he saw?
(a) Toomey beating a soldier.
(b) Toomey paying off the commander.
(c) Toomey searching the barracks.
(d) Toomey stealing the money.
10. What does James refill?
(a) A cream jar.
(b) A sugar jar.
(c) A salt shaker.
(d) A jam pot.
11. How long is basic training?
(a) Twenty weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Ten weeks.
(d) Fifteen weeks.
12. What state is the army base in?
13. What does Donald's sister look like?
(a) She's very short and stout.
(b) She's very tall and skeletal.
(c) She's very attractive.
(d) She's ugly.
14. Why does the judge give Hennessy a good grade for his fantasy?
(a) For honesty.
(b) For creativity.
(c) For lewdness.
(d) For originality.
15. Does the prostitute want Eugene to come out?
(a) No, and she says Eugene doesn't have to pay her.
(b) No, as long as she gets paid.
(c) Yes, the prostitute tries to coax him out.
(d) Yes, but the prostitute lets him hide as long as he wants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percent of Toomey's overseas outfit does he say died?
2. How does Toomey seem to make the boys feel?
3. How long a march does Toomey say he's taking the soldiers on?
4. What does Wykowski say Epstein should ask for to eat?
5. Which of the soldiers says he is not up for the march?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)