|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eugene hiding behind in the prostitute's room?
(a) A couch.
(b) The bathroom door.
(c) A screen.
(d) A window curtain.
2. What state is the army base in?
3. What does Epstein call Toomey?
(a) A bully.
(b) A Neanderthal.
(c) A bourgeoise.
(d) A hick.
4. What permanent reminder of an injury does Toomey have?
(a) A steel plate in his head.
(b) A metal screw in his leg.
(c) A bullet lodged near his heart.
(d) A long scar on his shoulder.
5. Where is Donald Carney from?
(a) Wilmington, Delaware.
(b) Greensboro, North Carolina.
(c) Montpelier, Vermont.
(d) Montclair, New Jersey.
6. What does Wykowski promise not to do to Epstein anymore?
(a) Not believe him.
(b) Use ethnic insults on him.
(c) Argue with him.
(d) Beat him.
7. How does Eugene feel about the army?
(a) He respects it.
(b) He wants out.
(c) He loves it.
(d) He both loves and hates it.
8. What does Epstein want to do to the two men who abused him?
(a) Get them kicked out of the army.
(b) Turn them in.
(c) Torture them.
(d) Kill them.
9. How do the other soldiers respond to Carney's fantasy?
(a) They are awestruck by it.
(b) They tease him.
(c) They get angry with him.
(d) They disqualify him from the game.
10. What is Selridge doing at the beginning of the scene?
11. What grade does the judge give Carney for his fantasy?
12. Where does Eugene tell the prostitute he's from?
(a) Memphis, Tennessee.
(b) Shreveport, Louisiana.
(c) Texarkana, Texas.
(d) Lawton, Oklahoma.
13. What percent of Toomey's overseas outfit does he say died?
(a) Seventy-three percent.
(b) Fifteen percent.
(c) Thirty-nine percent.
(d) Fifty-two percent.
14. How many young men are on stage at the beginning of Act 1?
15. What did the two men Epstein confronted in the latrine call him?
(a) A Kike.
(b) A four-eyes.
(c) A goody-two-shoes.
(d) A bookworm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the prostitute doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What city is Joseph from?
3. What does Roy stick in Joseph's face?
4. What does the prostitute ask Eugene when he comes out from hiding?
5. Where does Eugene get his knowledge of sex positions?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)