|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toomey seem to make the boys feel?
2. What grade does the judge give Carney for his fantasy?
3. How does Eugene say the environment smells?
(a) It smells fresh.
(b) It stinks.
(c) It smells delicious.
(d) It smells empty.
4. Does the prostitute want Eugene to come out?
(a) Yes, but the prostitute lets him hide as long as he wants.
(b) No, and she says Eugene doesn't have to pay her.
(c) Yes, the prostitute tries to coax him out.
(d) No, as long as she gets paid.
5. How many young men are on stage at the beginning of Act 1?
6. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) In a bar.
(b) In a store.
(c) In a restaurant.
(d) In a hotel room.
7. What did the two men Epstein confronted in the latrine call him?
(a) A goody-two-shoes.
(b) A Kike.
(c) A bookworm.
(d) A four-eyes.
8. What year is the play set in?
9. Who does the prostitute live with?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her daughters.
10. What did the men hang Epstein up by?
(a) A bed sheet.
(b) A rope.
(c) Epstein's belt.
(d) A towing chain.
11. Who is with a prostitute at the beginning of the scene?
12. How do the other soldiers respond to Carney's fantasy?
(a) They are awestruck by it.
(b) They tease him.
(c) They get angry with him.
(d) They disqualify him from the game.
13. What overseas location did Toomey serve in?
(a) North Africa.
(b) Far East.
(c) Eastern Europe.
(d) Middle East.
14. What do the boys eat at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Powdered eggs.
(b) Chipped beef on toast.
(c) Dry salami.
(d) Chopped liver.
15. What duty is James Hennesey on?
(a) Office duty.
(b) Latrine duty.
(c) Guard duty.
(d) KP duty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sergeant Toomey have when he enters the scene?
2. Who does Toomey punish with exercises because of Eugene's answer?
3. What is the correct answer for the men to answer when their name is called in the roll?
4. What does Eugene ask Epstein?
5. What does Eugene start doing when he can't sleep?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)