|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who didn't flush one of the johns in the latrine after Epstein cleaned it?
(a) The cook and another overweight man.
(b) The company commander and a tall, thin MP.
(c) The motor pool sergeant and a bald man.
(d) Toomey and a short, stocky captain.
2. How long is Wykowski with the prostitute?
(a) Only five minutes.
(b) Over a half an hour.
(c) Over two hours.
(d) Exactly fifteen minutes.
3. What year is the play set in?
4. What won't Toomey allow Epstein to do?
(a) Put down his arm.
(b) Sit down.
(c) Answer any questions.
(d) Go to the bathroom.
5. What does Wykowski say that the prostitute told him?
(a) That she wants to go away with him.
(b) That she wants to see him again after the war.
(c) That she never wants to see him again.
(d) That she wants him to come back tomorrow.
6. Where does Eugene get his knowledge of sex positions?
(a) Off a dirty calendar.
(b) From a church pamphlet.
(c) Off a deck of dirty cards.
(d) From a high school cheerleader.
7. What does Toomey make Carney do as punishment?
(a) A hundred push-ups.
(b) A hundred sit-ups.
(c) A hundred chin-ups.
(d) A hundred jumping jacks.
8. What percent of Toomey's overseas outfit does he say died?
(a) Seventy-three percent.
(b) Thirty-nine percent.
(c) Fifteen percent.
(d) Fifty-two percent.
9. What does Epstein claim he saw?
(a) Toomey beating a soldier.
(b) Toomey searching the barracks.
(c) Toomey stealing the money.
(d) Toomey paying off the commander.
10. Where does the prostitute say she's from?
(a) Collierville, Tennessee.
(b) Gulfport, Mississippi.
(c) Pine Bluff, Arkansas.
(d) Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
11. Who wins the contest for the best fantasy?
12. What is the weather like?
13. What is wrong with Roy's mouth?
(a) He has 19 cavities.
(b) His mouth tastes like soap.
(c) He lost his front teeth.
(d) He needs a root canal.
14. What borough of New York City is Arnold Epstein from?
(c) Staten Island.
(d) The Bronx.
15. Does Eugene think Carney's punishment is unfair?
(a) Yes, and he tells Toomey so.
(b) No, but he won't tell anyone.
(c) Yes, but he tells Toomey that he doesn't.
(d) No, and he tells Toomey so.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eugene say he hates at the beginning of the play?
2. How many times has Carney had sex?
3. Where is Act 1, Scene 3 set?
4. What is notable about Joseph's eating habits?
5. What does Wykowski say Epstein should ask for to eat?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)