|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What won't Toomey allow Epstein to do?
(a) Sit down.
(b) Put down his arm.
(c) Go to the bathroom.
(d) Answer any questions.
2. What duty does Toomey give to Epstein?
(a) Cleaning the latrine.
(b) Peeling potatoes.
(c) Digging trenches.
(d) Scrubbing the barracks.
3. What does Roy stick in Joseph's face?
(a) His elbow.
(b) A letter.
(c) His foot.
(d) A hat.
4. What borough of New York City is Arnold Epstein from?
(b) Staten Island.
(d) The Bronx.
5. What did the two men Epstein confronted in the latrine call him?
(a) A four-eyes.
(b) A bookworm.
(c) A Kike.
(d) A goody-two-shoes.
6. Where does Eugene tell the prostitute he's from?
(a) Shreveport, Louisiana.
(b) Memphis, Tennessee.
(c) Texarkana, Texas.
(d) Lawton, Oklahoma.
7. What do the boys eat at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Dry salami.
(b) Powdered eggs.
(c) Chopped liver.
(d) Chipped beef on toast.
8. How do the other soldiers respond to Carney's fantasy?
(a) They are awestruck by it.
(b) They tease him.
(c) They disqualify him from the game.
(d) They get angry with him.
9. Who does Toomey punish with exercises because of Eugene's answer?
(a) Selridge, Wycowski, and Epstein.
(b) Eugene, Selridge, and Wycowski.
(c) Eugene, Carney, and Wycowski.
(d) Carney, Epstein, and Eugene.
10. What city is Joseph from?
(a) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
(b) Bridgeport, Connecticut.
(c) Providence, Rhode Island.
(d) Bangor, Maine.
11. Who confesses to stealing Wykowski's money?
12. Where does the prostitute say she's from?
(a) Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
(b) Gulfport, Mississippi.
(c) Pine Bluff, Arkansas.
(d) Collierville, Tennessee.
13. What does Toomey say he considers less offensive than burglary?
(a) Mutiny and sodomy.
(b) Blasphemy and sodomy.
(c) Mutiny and murder.
(d) Murder and blasphemy.
14. What state is the army base in?
15. How does Eugene say the environment smells?
(a) It smells delicious.
(b) It smells empty.
(c) It stinks.
(d) It smells fresh.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Toomey seem to make the boys feel?
2. Where does Eugene get his knowledge of sex positions?
3. What does Wykowski promise not to do to Epstein anymore?
4. Who does Toomey confine to the barracks for the weekend?
5. Who is the judge of the game the soldiers play?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)