|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys eat at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Dry salami.
(b) Chipped beef on toast.
(c) Chopped liver.
(d) Powdered eggs.
2. What does Epstein want to do to the two men who abused him?
(a) Get them kicked out of the army.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Torture them.
(d) Turn them in.
3. What does the prostitute do when Eugene gets into bed?
(a) Turns on some music.
(b) Turns out the lights.
(c) Brings him a drink.
(d) Goes into the bathroom.
4. What is the prostitute doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Epstein say that Eugene is?
(a) A bystander, not a player.
(b) A witness, not a participant.
(c) A passenger, not a driver.
(d) An audience member, not a star.
6. What does Epstein have in order to prove he has a bad stomach?
(a) A note from his doctor.
(b) An x-ray.
(c) Blood test results.
(d) A note from his mother.
7. Where is Act 1, Scene 3 set?
(a) The target range.
(b) The mess hall.
(c) The barracks.
(d) The officer's club.
8. Who confesses to stealing Wykowski's money?
9. What duty does Toomey give to Epstein?
(a) Scrubbing the barracks.
(b) Digging trenches.
(c) Cleaning the latrine.
(d) Peeling potatoes.
10. What does Eugene ask Epstein?
(a) Why he has to do everything the hard way.
(b) Why he thinks he's better than everyone.
(c) Why he has a death wish.
(d) Why he thinks he can survive in the army.
11. What is the correct answer for the men to answer when their name is called in the roll?
(b) Here, Sir!
12. How does Eugene say the environment smells?
(a) It smells empty.
(b) It smells fresh.
(c) It smells delicious.
(d) It stinks.
13. What does Wykowski say Epstein should ask for to eat?
(a) Bagels and lox.
(b) Gefilte fish.
(d) Matzo ball soup.
14. How long is Wykowski with the prostitute?
(a) Exactly fifteen minutes.
(b) Over two hours.
(c) Only five minutes.
(d) Over a half an hour.
15. What borough of New York City is Arnold Epstein from?
(a) The Bronx.
(b) Staten Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is the army base in?
2. What does Wykowski say that the prostitute told him?
3. How many times has Carney had sex?
4. Who actually stole Wykowski's money?
5. What does Wykowski promise not to do to Epstein anymore?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)