|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toomey seem to make the boys feel?
2. What does Wykowski promise not to do to Epstein anymore?
(a) Argue with him.
(b) Not believe him.
(c) Beat him.
(d) Use ethnic insults on him.
3. What is the prostitute doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. How does Eugene feel about the prospect of sex with a prostitute?
(a) He's nervous because he might get a disease.
(b) He's excited and can't wait to start.
(c) He's angry that he's gotten himself in this mess.
(d) He doesn't want his first time to be this way.
5. Who is the judge of the game the soldiers play?
6. What is Eugene hiding behind in the prostitute's room?
(a) A couch.
(b) A screen.
(c) A window curtain.
(d) The bathroom door.
7. Who goes to see the prostitute after Wykowski?
8. What does the prostitute tell Eugene he should do to look older?
(a) Stand up taller.
(b) Grow a mustache.
(c) Be more confident.
(d) Cut his hair.
9. What does James refill?
(a) A jam pot.
(b) A salt shaker.
(c) A sugar jar.
(d) A cream jar.
10. What does the prostitute ask Eugene when he comes out from hiding?
(a) What his name is.
(b) Whether this is his first time.
(c) Where his money is.
(d) Whether he wants to talk first.
11. Where does Toomey say the march will be?
(a) Around the town.
(b) Through the woods.
(c) Around the lake.
(d) Through the marshes and swamps.
12. Who does Eugene say he hates at the beginning of the play?
13. Does Eugene have sex with the prostitute?
(a) Yes, but it lasts just a moment.
(b) Yes, and he takes longer than any of his friends.
(c) No, and he lies to his friends.
(d) No, and he tells his friends he couldn't do it.
14. What duty is James Hennesey on?
(a) KP duty.
(b) Office duty.
(c) Latrine duty.
(d) Guard duty.
15. What does Eugene ask Epstein?
(a) Why he thinks he's better than everyone.
(b) Why he has to do everything the hard way.
(c) Why he thinks he can survive in the army.
(d) Why he has a death wish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Epstein claim he saw?
2. What does Toomey make Carney do as punishment?
3. Who wins the contest for the best fantasy?
4. What is the weather like?
5. Where does the prostitute say she's from?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)