Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is Joseph from?
(a) Bridgeport, Connecticut.
(b) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
(c) Bangor, Maine.
(d) Providence, Rhode Island.
2. What does Epstein have in order to prove he has a bad stomach?
(a) Blood test results.
(b) An x-ray.
(c) A note from his mother.
(d) A note from his doctor.
3. Does Eugene think Carney's punishment is unfair?
(a) Yes, but he tells Toomey that he doesn't.
(b) No, and he tells Toomey so.
(c) Yes, and he tells Toomey so.
(d) No, but he won't tell anyone.
4. What does Toomey say he considers less offensive than burglary?
(a) Blasphemy and sodomy.
(b) Mutiny and murder.
(c) Mutiny and sodomy.
(d) Murder and blasphemy.
5. Where are most of the boys sleeping at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) On a floor.
(b) In swings.
(c) Under a tree.
(d) On seats.
6. Whose greeting of Toomey is less friendly than the other soldiers?
7. What do the boys eat at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Chopped liver.
(b) Dry salami.
(c) Chipped beef on toast.
(d) Powdered eggs.
8. Who does Wykowski accuse of stealing from him?
(a) Eugene and Epstein.
(b) Carney and Epstein.
(c) Toomey and Carney.
(d) Toomey and Eugene.
9. How does Eugene say the environment smells?
(a) It smells delicious.
(b) It smells empty.
(c) It stinks.
(d) It smells fresh.
10. Where does Toomey say the march will be?
(a) Around the lake.
(b) Through the marshes and swamps.
(c) Around the town.
(d) Through the woods.
11. What is the prostitute doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
12. What is the weather like?
13. What does Epstein want to do to the two men who abused him?
(a) Get them kicked out of the army.
(b) Turn them in.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Torture them.
14. Which of the soldiers says he is not up for the march?
15. What is Selridge doing at the beginning of the scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eugene tell the prostitute his name is?
2. What does the prostitute tell Eugene he should do to look older?
3. How many young men are on stage at the beginning of Act 1?
4. What is the correct answer for the men to answer when their name is called in the roll?
5. Does the prostitute want Eugene to come out?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)