|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Roy's mouth?
(a) He has 19 cavities.
(b) He lost his front teeth.
(c) His mouth tastes like soap.
(d) He needs a root canal.
2. What does Epstein have in order to prove he has a bad stomach?
(a) A note from his mother.
(b) Blood test results.
(c) A note from his doctor.
(d) An x-ray.
3. What does Selridge suggest the soldiers should bet on?
(a) Who has the best fantasy for getting back at Toomey.
(b) Who has the best fantasy for their last days alive.
(c) Who has the best fantasy for their homecoming.
(d) Who has the best fantasy for getting out of the army.
4. Where does the prostitute say she's from?
(a) Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
(b) Gulfport, Mississippi.
(c) Pine Bluff, Arkansas.
(d) Collierville, Tennessee.
5. Where does Toomey say the march will be?
(a) Around the lake.
(b) Around the town.
(c) Through the woods.
(d) Through the marshes and swamps.
6. What does Toomey make Carney do as punishment?
(a) A hundred chin-ups.
(b) A hundred jumping jacks.
(c) A hundred sit-ups.
(d) A hundred push-ups.
7. Who wins the contest for the best fantasy?
8. What does Epstein claim he saw?
(a) Toomey searching the barracks.
(b) Toomey beating a soldier.
(c) Toomey paying off the commander.
(d) Toomey stealing the money.
9. What does Wykowski promise not to do to Epstein anymore?
(a) Use ethnic insults on him.
(b) Beat him.
(c) Argue with him.
(d) Not believe him.
10. Does the prostitute want Eugene to come out?
(a) Yes, the prostitute tries to coax him out.
(b) Yes, but the prostitute lets him hide as long as he wants.
(c) No, as long as she gets paid.
(d) No, and she says Eugene doesn't have to pay her.
11. Why does the judge give Hennessy a good grade for his fantasy?
(a) For originality.
(b) For lewdness.
(c) For creativity.
(d) For honesty.
12. Does Eugene have sex with the prostitute?
(a) No, and he tells his friends he couldn't do it.
(b) No, and he lies to his friends.
(c) Yes, and he takes longer than any of his friends.
(d) Yes, but it lasts just a moment.
13. Who does Toomey punish with exercises because of Eugene's answer?
(a) Selridge, Wycowski, and Epstein.
(b) Carney, Epstein, and Eugene.
(c) Eugene, Carney, and Wycowski.
(d) Eugene, Selridge, and Wycowski.
14. What do the boys eat at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Chipped beef on toast.
(b) Dry salami.
(c) Chopped liver.
(d) Powdered eggs.
15. How many young men are on stage at the beginning of Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the soldiers discuss as they prepare for their 2-day pass?
2. Who confesses to stealing Wykowski's money?
3. What city is Joseph from?
4. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
5. How many times has Carney had sex?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)