|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What borough of New York City is Arnold Epstein from?
(a) Staten Island.
(c) The Bronx.
2. What is Eugene hiding behind in the prostitute's room?
(a) A couch.
(b) A screen.
(c) A window curtain.
(d) The bathroom door.
3. How did Epstein get down?
(a) He cut himself down.
(b) He wriggled out of his bindings.
(c) The pipes he was tied to broke.
(d) An officer came in and found him.
4. What does Epstein claim he saw?
(a) Toomey beating a soldier.
(b) Toomey searching the barracks.
(c) Toomey stealing the money.
(d) Toomey paying off the commander.
5. What does Wykowski promise not to do to Epstein anymore?
(a) Use ethnic insults on him.
(b) Beat him.
(c) Argue with him.
(d) Not believe him.
6. How many times has Carney had sex?
(b) Ten times.
(c) Five or six times.
(d) Thirteen or fourteen times.
7. What does James refill?
(a) A jam pot.
(b) A sugar jar.
(c) A salt shaker.
(d) A cream jar.
8. Whose greeting of Toomey is less friendly than the other soldiers?
9. How long is basic training?
(a) Ten weeks.
(b) Twenty weeks.
(c) Fifteen weeks.
(d) Five weeks.
10. How long is Wykowski with the prostitute?
(a) Only five minutes.
(b) Over a half an hour.
(c) Over two hours.
(d) Exactly fifteen minutes.
11. What does Epstein say that Eugene is?
(a) An audience member, not a star.
(b) A bystander, not a player.
(c) A witness, not a participant.
(d) A passenger, not a driver.
12. Who goes to see the prostitute after Wykowski?
13. What is wrong with Roy's mouth?
(a) His mouth tastes like soap.
(b) He lost his front teeth.
(c) He needs a root canal.
(d) He has 19 cavities.
14. What permanent reminder of an injury does Toomey have?
(a) A steel plate in his head.
(b) A bullet lodged near his heart.
(c) A long scar on his shoulder.
(d) A metal screw in his leg.
15. What does Toomey make Carney do as punishment?
(a) A hundred sit-ups.
(b) A hundred push-ups.
(c) A hundred jumping jacks.
(d) A hundred chin-ups.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the men hang Epstein up by?
2. What year is the play set in?
3. Who confesses to stealing Wykowski's money?
4. What does Eugene tell the prostitute his name is?
5. Who does Toomey punish with exercises because of Eugene's answer?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)