|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the prostitute say she's from?
(a) Gulfport, Mississippi.
(b) Collierville, Tennessee.
(c) Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
(d) Pine Bluff, Arkansas.
2. What borough of New York City is Eugene Jerome from?
(a) The Bronx.
(c) Staten Island.
3. What percent of Toomey's overseas outfit does he say died?
(a) Fifty-two percent.
(b) Thirty-nine percent.
(c) Seventy-three percent.
(d) Fifteen percent.
4. What does Toomey say he considers less offensive than burglary?
(a) Mutiny and murder.
(b) Mutiny and sodomy.
(c) Murder and blasphemy.
(d) Blasphemy and sodomy.
5. What does Eugene tell the prostitute his name is?
(a) Jack Mulgroovey.
(b) Eugene O'Harrah.
(c) Paulie Eisner.
(d) Arnold Epstein.
6. How many young men are on stage at the beginning of Act 1?
7. What does the prostitute do when Eugene gets into bed?
(a) Turns on some music.
(b) Brings him a drink.
(c) Goes into the bathroom.
(d) Turns out the lights.
8. How long is Wykowski with the prostitute?
(a) Over two hours.
(b) Exactly fifteen minutes.
(c) Over a half an hour.
(d) Only five minutes.
9. What does Eugene ask Epstein?
(a) Why he thinks he can survive in the army.
(b) Why he has to do everything the hard way.
(c) Why he thinks he's better than everyone.
(d) Why he has a death wish.
10. Who does Eugene say he hates at the beginning of the play?
11. Where does Eugene get his knowledge of sex positions?
(a) Off a deck of dirty cards.
(b) From a church pamphlet.
(c) Off a dirty calendar.
(d) From a high school cheerleader.
12. What does Wykowski promise not to do to Epstein anymore?
(a) Use ethnic insults on him.
(b) Beat him.
(c) Argue with him.
(d) Not believe him.
13. Does Eugene think Carney's punishment is unfair?
(a) Yes, but he tells Toomey that he doesn't.
(b) No, and he tells Toomey so.
(c) Yes, and he tells Toomey so.
(d) No, but he won't tell anyone.
14. How did Epstein get down?
(a) He cut himself down.
(b) He wriggled out of his bindings.
(c) The pipes he was tied to broke.
(d) An officer came in and found him.
15. What does Eugene tell Carney he is afraid of?
(a) Getting sick.
(c) Being sinful.
(d) Looking foolish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the correct answer for the men to answer when their name is called in the roll?
2. Where does Eugene tell the prostitute he's from?
3. Who actually stole Wykowski's money?
4. What does Toomey make Carney do as punishment?
5. What does Eugene start doing when he can't sleep?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)