|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What duty is James Hennesey on?
(a) Latrine duty.
(b) Office duty.
(c) KP duty.
(d) Guard duty.
2. Why does the judge give Hennessy a good grade for his fantasy?
(a) For honesty.
(b) For originality.
(c) For creativity.
(d) For lewdness.
3. How long is basic training?
(a) Fifteen weeks.
(b) Ten weeks.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Twenty weeks.
4. Who actually stole Wykowski's money?
(d) Wykowski himself.
5. What does Epstein call Toomey?
(a) A hick.
(b) A bourgeoise.
(c) A bully.
(d) A Neanderthal.
6. What grade does the judge give Carney for his fantasy?
7. What objection does Carney give to his assigned punishment?
(a) He doesn't want to ruffle his uniform.
(b) He has a bad back.
(c) He can't do that many exercises.
(d) He is too tired from the journey.
8. What is notable about Joseph's eating habits?
(a) He is allergic to milk and wheat.
(b) He never eats before noon.
(c) He fasts on Sundays.
(d) He can eat anything.
9. What overseas location did Toomey serve in?
(a) North Africa.
(b) Eastern Europe.
(c) Far East.
(d) Middle East.
10. Does the prostitute want Eugene to come out?
(a) No, as long as she gets paid.
(b) Yes, the prostitute tries to coax him out.
(c) No, and she says Eugene doesn't have to pay her.
(d) Yes, but the prostitute lets him hide as long as he wants.
11. What does Epstein want to do to the two men who abused him?
(a) Get them kicked out of the army.
(b) Turn them in.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Torture them.
12. What permanent reminder of an injury does Toomey have?
(a) A bullet lodged near his heart.
(b) A steel plate in his head.
(c) A metal screw in his leg.
(d) A long scar on his shoulder.
13. What does Wykowski say that the prostitute told him?
(a) That she never wants to see him again.
(b) That she wants him to come back tomorrow.
(c) That she wants to see him again after the war.
(d) That she wants to go away with him.
14. How long is Wykowski with the prostitute?
(a) Over a half an hour.
(b) Only five minutes.
(c) Exactly fifteen minutes.
(d) Over two hours.
15. How does Eugene feel about the army?
(a) He respects it.
(b) He both loves and hates it.
(c) He wants out.
(d) He loves it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the prostitute live with?
2. Where are most of the boys sleeping at the beginning of Act 1?
3. What is missing from Wykowski's wallet?
4. What did the men in the latrine do to Epstein's head?
5. What percent of Toomey's overseas outfit does he say died?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)