|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lesson does Eugene say he's learned?
(a) People believe what they want to believe.
(b) People believe what they read.
(c) What people believe becomes true.
(d) People believe the worst of each other.
2. What does Eugene tell Carney?
(a) He tells him about Rowena.
(b) He tells him to leave.
(c) He apologizes.
(d) He pretends to be a chronic liar.
3. Where does Eugene leave go the end of the scene?
(a) Into the mess tent.
(b) Into the latrine.
(c) Into the barracks.
(d) Off of the base.
4. What evidence does Wykowski cite to accuse Epstein of being the escaped soldier?
(a) Epstein's disarrayed locker.
(b) Epstein's rumpled sheets.
(c) Eugene's journal.
(d) Epstein's bootprints.
5. What does Epstein claim he saw?
(a) Toomey searching the barracks.
(b) Toomey beating a soldier.
(c) Toomey paying off the commander.
(d) Toomey stealing the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who objects to reading Eugene's personal papers?
2. What is the setting of Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What percent of Toomey's overseas outfit does he say died?
4. Who is with a prostitute at the beginning of the scene?
5. What does Eugene tell the prostitute about his past sex life?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)