|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What borough of New York City is Eugene Jerome from?
(a) The Bronx.
(d) Staten Island.
2. Where are most of the boys sleeping at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Under a tree.
(b) In swings.
(c) On a floor.
(d) On seats.
3. What did the two men Epstein confronted in the latrine call him?
(a) A bookworm.
(b) A goody-two-shoes.
(c) A Kike.
(d) A four-eyes.
4. How long a march does Toomey say he's taking the soldiers on?
(a) Twenty miles.
(b) Five miles.
(c) Ten miles.
(d) Fifteen miles.
5. How do the other soldiers respond to Carney's fantasy?
(a) They tease him.
(b) They get angry with him.
(c) They are awestruck by it.
(d) They disqualify him from the game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is Roy from?
2. What does Wykowski say Epstein should ask for to eat?
3. What does Eugene start doing when he can't sleep?
4. What does Toomey make Carney do as punishment?
5. What is the weather like?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)