|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toomey make Carney do as punishment?
(a) A hundred chin-ups.
(b) A hundred jumping jacks.
(c) A hundred sit-ups.
(d) A hundred push-ups.
2. What borough of New York City is Eugene Jerome from?
(c) The Bronx.
(d) Staten Island.
3. How did Epstein get down?
(a) An officer came in and found him.
(b) The pipes he was tied to broke.
(c) He cut himself down.
(d) He wriggled out of his bindings.
4. Who does Wykowski accuse of stealing from him?
(a) Toomey and Carney.
(b) Carney and Epstein.
(c) Toomey and Eugene.
(d) Eugene and Epstein.
5. Why does the judge give Hennessy a good grade for his fantasy?
(a) For lewdness.
(b) For creativity.
(c) For originality.
(d) For honesty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Toomey punish with exercises because of Eugene's answer?
2. What year is the play set in?
3. Who didn't flush one of the johns in the latrine after Epstein cleaned it?
4. What city is Joseph from?
5. What does Epstein claim he saw?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)