|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toomey seem to make the boys feel?
2. What duty does Toomey give to Epstein?
(a) Scrubbing the barracks.
(b) Digging trenches.
(c) Cleaning the latrine.
(d) Peeling potatoes.
3. What does James refill?
(a) A sugar jar.
(b) A jam pot.
(c) A salt shaker.
(d) A cream jar.
4. Where are most of the boys sleeping at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) On a floor.
(b) In swings.
(c) On seats.
(d) Under a tree.
5. Where is Donald Carney from?
(a) Montclair, New Jersey.
(b) Greensboro, North Carolina.
(c) Montpelier, Vermont.
(d) Wilmington, Delaware.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Eugene think Carney's punishment is unfair?
2. What overseas location did Toomey serve in?
3. What does Selridge suggest the soldiers should bet on?
4. Where is Act 1, Scene 3 set?
5. What does Roy stick in Joseph's face?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)