|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What borough of New York City is Arnold Epstein from?
(a) The Bronx.
(c) Staten Island.
2. What borough of New York City is Eugene Jerome from?
(b) Staten Island.
(c) The Bronx.
3. How many young men are on stage at the beginning of Act 1?
4. What does Toomey make Carney do as punishment?
(a) A hundred jumping jacks.
(b) A hundred sit-ups.
(c) A hundred push-ups.
(d) A hundred chin-ups.
5. How did Epstein get down?
(a) The pipes he was tied to broke.
(b) He wriggled out of his bindings.
(c) He cut himself down.
(d) An officer came in and found him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Epstein have in order to prove he has a bad stomach?
3. How long has Hennesey been assigned to the duty he's on?
4. Why did Hennesey get assigned to the duty he's on?
5. What permanent reminder of an injury does Toomey have?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)