|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Eugene think Carney's punishment is unfair?
(a) Yes, and he tells Toomey so.
(b) Yes, but he tells Toomey that he doesn't.
(c) No, and he tells Toomey so.
(d) No, but he won't tell anyone.
2. How long is basic training?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Fifteen weeks.
(c) Ten weeks.
(d) Twenty weeks.
3. Where are most of the boys sleeping at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) In swings.
(b) Under a tree.
(c) On seats.
(d) On a floor.
4. Where is Arnold Epstein sleeping at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) On a baggage rack.
(b) Leaning against a pole.
(c) On a floor.
(d) In a haystack.
5. How does Eugene feel about the army?
(a) He loves it.
(b) He both loves and hates it.
(c) He wants out.
(d) He respects it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What borough of New York City is Arnold Epstein from?
2. How many young men are on stage at the beginning of Act 1?
3. What is notable about Joseph's eating habits?
4. What borough of New York City is Eugene Jerome from?
5. How does Eugene say the environment smells?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)