|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Toomey punish with exercises because of Eugene's answer?
(a) Selridge, Wycowski, and Epstein.
(b) Eugene, Carney, and Wycowski.
(c) Carney, Epstein, and Eugene.
(d) Eugene, Selridge, and Wycowski.
2. What objection does Carney give to his assigned punishment?
(a) He doesn't want to ruffle his uniform.
(b) He is too tired from the journey.
(c) He can't do that many exercises.
(d) He has a bad back.
3. What is wrong with Roy's mouth?
(a) He has 19 cavities.
(b) He lost his front teeth.
(c) He needs a root canal.
(d) His mouth tastes like soap.
4. How many young men are on stage at the beginning of Act 1?
5. What borough of New York City is Arnold Epstein from?
(c) The Bronx.
(d) Staten Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is notable about Joseph's eating habits?
2. What city is Roy from?
3. What year is the play set in?
4. What permanent reminder of an injury does Toomey have?
5. Does Eugene think Carney's punishment is unfair?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)