|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toomey seem to make the boys feel?
2. Who does Toomey punish with exercises because of Eugene's answer?
(a) Eugene, Carney, and Wycowski.
(b) Eugene, Selridge, and Wycowski.
(c) Carney, Epstein, and Eugene.
(d) Selridge, Wycowski, and Epstein.
3. What objection does Carney give to his assigned punishment?
(a) He has a bad back.
(b) He doesn't want to ruffle his uniform.
(c) He is too tired from the journey.
(d) He can't do that many exercises.
4. Who does Eugene say he hates at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Donald's sister look like?
(a) She's very tall and skeletal.
(b) She's very attractive.
(c) She's ugly.
(d) She's very short and stout.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toomey make Carney do as punishment?
2. What is the correct answer for the men to answer when their name is called in the roll?
3. What year is the play set in?
4. How many young men are on stage at the beginning of Act 1?
5. What won't Toomey allow Epstein to do?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)