|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many young men are on stage at the beginning of Act 1?
2. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Army barracks.
(b) An officer's club.
(c) A mess tent.
(d) A target range.
3. What is wrong with Roy's mouth?
(a) He lost his front teeth.
(b) His mouth tastes like soap.
(c) He needs a root canal.
(d) He has 19 cavities.
4. What does Sergeant Toomey have when he enters the scene?
(a) A baton.
(b) A rifle.
(c) An army manual.
(d) A clipboard.
5. Where are most of the boys sleeping at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Under a tree.
(b) In swings.
(c) On a floor.
(d) On seats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like?
2. What is the setting of Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who does Toomey punish with exercises because of Eugene's answer?
4. What does Eugene start doing when he can't sleep?
5. Who does Eugene say he hates at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)